5th Generation Classifieds (2000-2003) Buy, sell, trade parts for 2000-2003 Maximas

For Hire: I can replace your Wheel Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Play with my balls

For Hire: I can replace your Wheel Bearings

Hey Guys-

I picked up a 12 Ton Hydraulic Press and have pressed my own wheel bearings on my 5.5 gen. I can provide this service for you as well. The best quote I got around town was $250 per side to press out the old bearings and press in the new ones. That was with me bringing them my spindle and the new bearings, so it did not include installing the spindle back on the car. It would have been well over $1,000 to do the complete install on the car. Let me know if you need this done and at what process, whether it be a complete disassemble and install or if you already have the spindles off the car. PM me and we'll work out a good deal for your needs. I know no one wants to pay an arm and a leg for this and I'm here to help out.

Thanks-

-Paramy

Pricing

Pricing for just the "Press In/Press Out" service is $75 per side, and that's less then half of the lowest quote I've been able to get calling over 10 shops locally.

This service is for those with the spindle off the car already and just requires the bearings to be installed.

What is included with this?
- 4 snap rings removed and new ones installed
- Hub pressed out of the spindle
- Bearings pressed out and new ones pressed in
- Hub pressed back into the knuckle
- I will also clean up the spindle from rust or grim in and around the hub area with a stiff brush dremel attachment

That is the set price for anyone interested in just the "Press In/Press Out" service.

Price for Removal and Reinstall of knuckles on the car to include all the above mentioned is $175.00 per side.

Disclaimer: You will need an alignment immediately following. Parts are not included in pricing, and must be supplied. Otherwise, I can obtain Nissan OEM bearings and snap rings which will be factored into the final servicing price.

Turnaround Time & Shipping

I'm in Charlotte, NC. If you are local just the press in/press out service can be completed in about 2-3 hours. For the full install service it will take 1 day and I have a garage to accomodate. If you are shipping me the parts and spindles, the press in/press out service is completed same day as received, and shipped back out the very next day with a tracking number via Fedex Ground. I'm willing to cover the shipping expenses back to you from my end.

If I order the parts for you, the turnaround time will depend upon when I receive those parts in.

Last edited by Deckdout2; 11-10-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Play with my balls

I know everyone here doesn't have a bearing that doesn't need pressing.