5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wheels for 2k2 SE Tungsten Blue

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 11:06 AM

Wheels for 2k2 SE Tungsten Blue

I've spent 1000s already, and all the parts are stacked up in the garage waiting for my vacation come September before I can put them on. I'm a commuter at times and cannot afford any downtime whatsoever.

But the hardest thing I've come up against so far, is trying to choose the "right" wheel. I know it's a matter of personal choice, but what the hell goes with tungsten blue' - I love the color, it's different - as in 'sleeper' different!

Mainly the choice in finish is the holdup . . . silver, gold - yech!, opal, silver with a polished lip, chrome - I hate chrome, but it would look good with this color. 17 or 18 inch . . . I've been looking for 3 months now and September is right around the corner.

Help???

Thanks in advance . . .
Old 07-12-2002, 11:16 AM

i think silver would be your best choice. as much as i'd hate to say it, runner up would have to be chrome. im really not a fan of chrome but it does look nice on some cars if it's done right.

when i was looking for rims the only think i would consider was silver but i ended up getting the gun metal rims you see in my sig.

but basically, my advice is to go with silver.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:28 AM
I miss the .org!

Here's my .02

I'm very picky about rims (brand, style, finish, etc...)
I like chrome, so I think a tasteful one would look best. I would go with either that, or silver with a machined lip. I love rims with a little dish to it.
If you want more of a sporty look, I think gunmetal with a machined lip could look pretty good.
But no matter which way you go though, I think you should get 18's or 19's.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:34 PM

Remember, once you buy the rims and mount them you lose money. Ensure you are buying what you want up front and don't settle for less. Sounds like you already have been patient in your efforts.

I went with Chrome 18" with a lip in something out of the ordinary http://www.akuza.com Sublime rims.

I would urge you to buy used if possible to save on the immediate depreciation, and buy the best you can afford.