5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

I have someone that wants to replace their stock shocks with nice adjustables. Which shocks are available for you 5th gens???
Old 07-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

Originally posted by JAY25
I have someone that wants to replace their stock shocks with nice adjustables. Which shocks are available for you 5th gens???
Tok's and KYB's that we have to custom modify....

Old 07-28-2002, 09:31 PM

thanks man for looking out for me...i appreciate it dogg....jamie, i prob wont get new suspension until later on this year maybe even early 2003.....i gotta save for a while..since college is starting and all...but thanks anyway.....holla at u later

albert
Old 07-29-2002, 11:27 AM

just got my koni installed...thx jay25.
unfortunately.....both shocks are not "officially" available for 5th gen. Cattman modified AGX fronts to fit onto the 5th gen, but the rear shocks are too big for certain brands of spring to settle into the perch (doesnt fit with 5th gen eibach) so some people are using 4th gen springs with cattman's modded AGX

Koni shocks are made for 4th gen and need to cut struts for the front inserts. rears are direct fit and the spring sit into the perch nicely.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:05 PM

Re: Re: Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

just got my koni installed...thx jay25.
unfortunately.....both shocks are not "officially" available for 5th gen. Cattman modified AGX fronts to fit onto the 5th gen, but the rear shocks are too big for certain brands of spring to settle into the perch (doesnt fit with 5th gen eibach) so some people are using 4th gen springs with cattman's modded AGX

Koni shocks are made for 4th gen and need to cut struts for the front inserts. rears are direct fit and the spring sit into the perch nicely.
hummm...jay 25....what if i put konis on my eibachs and cut one coil from the front...then my car would sit evenly....hummmm.....call me if you want to make this happen..
Old 07-29-2002, 12:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

Originally posted by rob van dam

hummm...jay 25....what if i put konis on my eibachs and cut one coil from the front...then my car would sit evenly....hummmm.....call me if you want to make this happen..
??? koni fronts use ur stock strut housing so the eibach will sit nicely in there.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

??? koni fronts use ur stock strut housing so the eibach will sit nicely in there.

So this is what I have to do? the same thing I did to my stock shocks to make my Konis fit on the 5th gen as well??

if then I know what to do then, is not too simple but I can do it this would be my third set of Konis if I was to do it. Albert get that stuff from that dude on the for sale site and it will be direct bolt on. I cut the front coils if your not happy with your drop on the front. It will not bounce bcuz the Koni shock itself is much shorter....never mind Ill explain in person if you decide to do it then.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Koni adjustable shocks or KYBs adjustables

So this is what I have to do? the same thing I did to my stock shocks to make my Konis fit on the 5th gen as well??

if then I know what to do then, is not too simple but I can do it this would be my third set of Konis if I was to do it. Albert get that stuff from that dude on the for sale site and it will be direct bolt on. I cut the front coils if your not happy with your drop on the front. It will not bounce bcuz the Koni shock itself is much shorter....never mind Ill explain in person if you decide to do it then.
that's right....u can fit a 4th gen koni front into 5th gen strut housing...make sure u get a pair of 4th gen strut insulators, which will make ur life much easier

here is a link to my koni and eibach install

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=138262