5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

AE sills or Illuminated sills?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah its only the driver/passenger sills....the color of the indiglo door sills is actually the same color as the 'ring' around the ignition key hole....thats what I have noticed
Old 08-07-2002, 10:17 AM
I miss the .org!

I know that only the front driver/passenger door indiglo sills will light up. But why does the back one have that greenish color?
Old 08-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
I know that only the front driver/passenger door indiglo sills will light up. But why does the back one have that greenish color?
They're all the same exact color, it's just that the front ones light up. During the day in the sunlight, they all look the same. The back one are NOT different from the front, they're just wired to light up.... and in actuality.. with a little work it looks as if the rear ones could be wired as well... hmmmm... And i wouldn't compare the color to the bright green ring around the keyhole like Kpazzo said.. It's in between the greenish color from the bose display... and the blue in the ring around the speedo and tach.. The indiglo matches the lighting of the car though.. it looks sooo nice.... I'll take pics
Old 08-07-2002, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by Plyfender

They're all the same exact color, it's just that the front ones light up. During the day in the sunlight, they all look the same. The back one are NOT different from the front, they're just wired to light up.... and in actuality.. with a little work it looks as if the rear ones could be wired as well... hmmmm... And i wouldn't compare the color to the bright green ring around the keyhole like Kpazzo said.. It's in between the greenish color from the bose display... and the blue in the ring around the speedo and tach.. The indiglo matches the lighting of the car though.. it looks sooo nice.... I'll take pics
If the rears look like they can be illuminated, you should've asked the installer to take a look at it to see if it can be done. I think it'd be kewl if all 4 lit up. I'll be waiting for the pix.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: I just got them installed

I'll take some "Real" pics tonight and post them somehow, even though i don't have a website to host them on
Car Domain is free and easy...but some would say that I'm even easier . Just email the pics to me and I'll put them up.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:44 PM

Just to clarify

I hope everyone knows that the pics are gonna be of the finished work. I don't have pics during install and all that. I'm just gonna take some of how good they look..
Old 08-07-2002, 02:06 PM

Re: Just to clarify

I hope everyone knows that the pics are gonna be of the finished work. I don't have pics during install and all that. I'm just gonna take some of how good they look..
Ok.

email still empty.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:35 PM

Re: Re: Just to clarify

Originally posted by xtantmaxima

Ok.

email still empty.
Sorry.. It's coming dont' worry, I looked all around but couldn't find my memory card for my Camcorder (what I use to take digital stills).. I'll hopefully find it by tomorrow. don't worry i'll have them to you soon
Old 08-07-2002, 11:18 PM

http://www.lehrner.com/david/indiglo/indiglo.html
Old 08-07-2002, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
They both look nice, but if you want a cleaner look the AE sills are better....
I agree with this one.

Chris
Old 08-14-2002, 08:21 PM

Any cheaper??

I ordered mine from Ebay just type in Maxima sills or Maxima door sills, or maxima door.. or whatever. Right now i think that's the only place you can get them. They're not manufactured through a specific company I don't think.

I found them on E-bay for $85. Has anyone found them for less??? The AE ones are only $50. The price differance is significant and they both look classy if you ask me. I want to get them. I know the indiglo ones will get much more attention though ( as well as compliments )
Old 08-14-2002, 08:22 PM

Could i have made a better choice in getting AE door sills vs. my Indiglo... The answer is NO! my sills look SOO clean, like they came with the car. Everybody that gets into my car likes them. I don't like the chrome look of the AE sills anyways. The indiglos have a Stainless Steel/ Chrome look, which is a better contrast in my opinion. If anyone wants any info on where/how/ how much it costs to get the INdiglos, email me, and I'll let ya know.
-Ryan
Old 08-14-2002, 08:39 PM

anybody wants pics I got them on my hard drive ready to mail
Old 08-26-2002, 04:40 PM

Rear Indiglos

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve
anybody wants pics I got them on my hard drive ready to mail
Me and a couple of my buddies finished last night installing the indiglo door sills and they look tight. I like the clean look by no means ricey. Alot better at night though but I need to think of a way to get the rear ones to light up too.

Has anyone made the rear ones light up??? It seems to me like the only way for that to work would be to order another pair, pull off the plastic off and switch it with the new sills lighting.

Let me know if anyone else thinks of a way to do it. I don't know enough about electrical stuff to think of a better way. Since i dont know if the back ones have the "indiglo" just dont have a power source.

Let me know
Thanks!

Also I clicked on the link above for the instructions and I think the instructions are diffrent for the 2k2. I did not use my fuse box at all just the switch and the wire with the white strip.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:21 PM
I miss the .org!

At first I liked the indiglo sills, and I still think they look ok. I'm gonna go for the AE though. There is a guy on the .ORG who was selling a set of the illuminated sills. They were brand new unused/unopened for $70 shipped. Same ones sold on EBay. If anybody is interested, I can try to dig up his member name, and refer him to you. I don't know the guy at all, so no idea if he still has them, or what...
Old 08-26-2002, 09:02 PM

Re: Rear Indiglos

Originally posted by johncg316

Me and a couple of my buddies finished last night installing the indiglo door sills and they look tight. I like the clean look by no means ricey. Alot better at night though but I need to think of a way to get the rear ones to light up too.

Has anyone made the rear ones light up??? It seems to me like the only way for that to work would be to order another pair, pull off the plastic off and switch it with the new sills lighting.

Let me know if anyone else thinks of a way to do it. I don't know enough about electrical stuff to think of a better way. Since i dont know if the back ones have the "indiglo" just dont have a power source.

Let me know
Thanks!

Also I clicked on the link above for the instructions and I think the instructions are diffrent for the 2k2. I did not use my fuse box at all just the switch and the wire with the white strip.
The only way you could get the rears ti light is by getting another set and using the fronts in the rear, which i dont if they fit anyways, and then running the wire up to the front and splicing it with the four other wires up there. More work and money than i care to do, but thats just me.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:26 PM

Re: Re: Rear Indiglos

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

The only way you could get the rears ti light is by getting another set and using the fronts in the rear, which i dont if they fit anyways, and then running the wire up to the front and splicing it with the four other wires up there. More work and money than i care to do, but thats just me.
Actually what I was thinking of doing was buying another set. Remove the silicone off the front ones then doing the same with the my current rears then just switching the plastic. then just ground to the switch and connect to the right wire. Am I wrong??

Let me know

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2002, 06:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Rear Indiglos

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johncg316

Actually what I was thinking of doing was buying another set. Remove the silicone off the front ones then doing the same with the my current rears then just switching the plastic. then just ground to the switch and connect to the right wire. Am I wrong??

Let me know

Thanks!
[/QUOTE
Might work, I dont really know, but if you try it, let me know how it goes. Good luck!