5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

debadging nissan emblem from trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 05:10 PM

debadging nissan emblem from trunk

i have successfully debadged the "MAXIMA" and "SE" and the "dealer emblem" from the trunk. but, has anyone removed the nissan "hamburger" emblem from the trunk of a 02? i've heard there are there are two holes??? any fixes? or will it need body work/paint? will the entire trunk need to be painted again or is there a cheaper but clean fix? any pics? thanks.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:49 PM

Re: debadging nissan emblem from trunk

Originally posted by MAXRAY
i have successfully debadged the "MAXIMA" and "SE" and the "dealer emblem" from the trunk. but, has anyone removed the nissan "hamburger" emblem from the trunk of a 02? i've heard there are there are two holes??? any fixes? or will it need body work/paint? will the entire trunk need to be painted again or is there a cheaper but clean fix? any pics? thanks.
The "Nissan" emblem on the trunk is located by two small pins that mate with holes in the sheet metal. If you remove one of the liscense plate lights and peek inside with a flashlight you'll see them. I took off the "MAXIMA" and "GLE" emblems shortly after buying my car but decided to leave the "NISSAN" emblem because of the holes.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:10 PM

Re: Re: debadging nissan emblem from trunk

Originally posted by slo-ryde

The "Nissan" emblem on the trunk is located by two small pins that mate with holes in the sheet metal. If you remove one of the liscense plate lights and peek inside with a flashlight you'll see them. I took off the "MAXIMA" and "GLE" emblems shortly after buying my car but decided to leave the "NISSAN" emblem because of the holes.
How do you remove the Maxima & the SE emblems from you car without messing up the paint finish?
Old 08-02-2002, 10:12 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Re: Re: debadging nissan emblem from trunk

Originally posted by mykmar10
How do you remove the Maxima & the SE emblems from you car without messing up the paint finish?
I took Maximadave 's advice. Let it sit in the sun for an hour, and used dental floss. I was done in less than 30 minutes.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:44 AM

I just popped them off with my fingernail. They are made out of plastic and are attached with a thin material that has sticky on both sides. There will be some sticky residue left on the paint that you can remove with a mild solvent (WD40 works pretty good) then apply some fresh wax afterwards.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:02 AM

just buy a tube of bondo and patch up the holes.. taht's what i did. it doesn't look all that professional but imo looks alot better than having a badge there.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dental floss, credit card, Turtle Wax's Bug&Tar Remover, and a little patience. voila'!
Old 08-03-2002, 01:21 PM

I thought about doing that but come to think about it, Your *** is gonna look naked without at least the MAXIMA.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:27 PM

I just used a blow drier and fishing line, done in about 5 mins. I too thought the rear looked to naked. I think the badges break up the sea of ugliness. I hated the gold emblems that came with the car, so I painted MAXIMA/GLE matte black, like the SE.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX
I thought about doing that but come to think about it, Your *** is gonna look naked without at least the MAXIMA.

not that bad on a 5th gen. look at my pics and other people's pics. it's not nearly as bare as the 4th gens.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX

the need for better power/weight ratio by a couple oz. doesn't outweigh the thought of being generic