5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I finally got it !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 06:22 PM

I finally got it !!

For two days waiting, I finally have my 02 GLE!
The manager took off my wind deflector becuz of crack, he said it's on national back order and don't know when will be available. I don't understand why should I pay for it first... anyway.

I noticed that there is "orange peel" all around the C pillar(and maybe somewhere else), they told me that's what it is, can't do anything since most of nissan cars came like that. I'm not happy with it though I do understand that's not dealer's problem.

I'm not a big fan of mod, but I already ordered the RSB, should got my window tint after break-in.

Dealer told me there is already synthetic in my engine, state and quake, and filled her up with mid grade gas!? I said: WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT IN THE PREMIUM!! he said: not necessary.

Over all, I'm really excited and happy with my ride!
Old 08-02-2002, 06:49 PM

Congratulations!!

What color did you get?
Old 08-02-2002, 07:10 PM

I hope you haven't signed anything.

1) If the wind deflector is cracked, go ahead and make them give you the money back, or off the purchase price.

When they come in, you can pay for it if you want.

2) If you're not satisfied with the paint DON'T TAKE THE CAR!!!! It should be close to perfect. A spot here or there might be OK, but orange peel all round the C pillars is far from OK.

I turned down the first SE that the dealership brought me because the paint had miniscule flaws all over the car.

Good luck!

Oh, and the computer will change the timing to cope with any knock from using cheap gas, but Nissan calls for 93 octane.

You're talking $4.00 per tank, maximum. Give up something if that makes a difference.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:40 AM

Thanks! I got a majestic blue with frost.

Yes, I'm not happy with the paint quality in certain area, but I checked several new ones on their lot, same problem. Especially for those dark colors. If I turn down the car, I don't know when will I get mine, then maybe not a nissan.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:01 AM

congrats on the car
Old 08-03-2002, 07:44 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by mightima
If I turn down the car, I don't know when will I get mine, then maybe not a nissan.
Please dont accept this car. By doing this you are setting a presidence that this kind of quality is OK and will be accepted by the American public.

YOU deserve a car where the paint is all in tack and where is supposed to be. IF that mean not a Nissan...then I guess you will not have a Nissan. Dont let the immediate need of "haveing to have it" compromise your desire to have a good looking car.

Think about this. You paid XXXXXXX dollars for this car and it looks ok/good now. But with this flaw in the paint...what do you think it will look like in a year or two. Especially if its left outside?

Plus, since they cant deliver the sunroof guard...you can use that and the paint as a method to return the car. You have 3 days under federal law to return it. Does not mean there will be some $$$ penalties but I would say if the paint has orange peel and you have other issues and it seems like the dealer is ALREADY making excuses...you are going to be unhappy in the long run.

BUt then again, just my .02....good luck!
Old 08-03-2002, 09:45 AM

Thanks for your advise, I'll take a good look at it and see if I really need to return it..
3 days period of returning the new purchase is true?

Thanks.