5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My First Real (animal) Kill

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:40 AM

My First Real (animal) Kill

Nope not the race kill I have had plenty of those. I've been driving since the age of 18 and have owned 4 brand new cars and this morning I had my first kill. It was a Sea Gull.

I was driving I route to wash my car and a whole bunch of sea gulls were beneath an overpass I was about to drive beneath and they were slow moving out of my way and one was flying way to low and i was going way to fast to stop and slam! I hit that sea gull I was think ooh sh$t it is going to hit my wind shield but luckily it hit the lower front bumper I heard a loud thunk and looked in my rear view mirror and saw sea gull feathers and a bird just jerking around on the road. I fealt bad for the bird but I was liek that is for all the bird sh$t I have had to scrape off my car right after I just washed it!

I don't encourge road kills but what was everybodies 1st real animal kills?
Old 08-03-2002, 10:35 AM

the front bumper is ok right???who cares about the bird the car is the only important thing
Old 08-03-2002, 10:41 AM

About 2 months after I got my Max, I nailed a robin down the street from my house.

I was bringing my daughter to school and saw this bird muching on some roadkill in the middle of the road about 75 yards ahead of me. Out of fun, I floor the throttle momentarily and pounce on the spot where the bird was chowing down. As I drove through that spot, I realize that I didn't see the bird fly out of the way.

Anyway, I get to my daughter's school and drop her off. I drive about 1/2 block and decide to stop and checkout the front of my Max. When I did, I saw that bird dead and stuck in the lower-bumper opening. Seeing as I couldn't find a stick to flick it out, I drove on hitting the brakes several times hard hoping to jar it loose. When I got to work, I saw that the bird was no longer there.

The next day (about a block from my daughter's school) I saw that bird flattened in the middle of the road. I told my son about it and he couldn't stop laughing (you know boys). Ultimately, he told my daughter and she didn't find it quite as funny.

This was the first real indicator that I had of how quick the 2K2 Max is (especially coming from a 4 cylinder Honda Accord).
Old 08-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

1 cat
1 rabbit
Old 08-03-2002, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by zman187
the front bumper is ok right???who cares about the bird the car is the only important thing
Yep the bumper is fine
Old 08-03-2002, 11:29 AM

My mom was on the interstate doing well over 60mhp in her Max when she saw a school of ducks the mother in front and all her duckling crossing the interstate. She said they were walking like they were king of the road. She said she couldn't stop because she didn't want the other cars behind her to hit her, so she braced herself and slautered the who family. She said there were feathers all over the place and that the ones she didn't hit the guy behind her in a truck did. She was crying after it happened but later when she told the story we were all laughing.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:39 AM

The funniest kill I ever had was when I was riding my 1996 Suzuki GSX-R750. I was going down this nice twisty country road, and right in the middle of it there's a big fat grey squirrel. I tried to avoid him, but the dummy just ran under my tires. I watched the thing go under my front tire, and then under my rear. Aparently it must have kind of stuck to the rear wheel because it flew up about thirty feet in the air. I was laughing so hard I almost dumped my bike.

In my max I nailed a pigeon. Pigeon in middle of road, THUNK, explosion of grey and white feathers, no more pigeon
Old 08-03-2002, 11:52 AM

I nailed a pigeon earlier this year in my Max. I was going down some side-street in the middle of the day and there was this group of 10 or so pigeons in the middle of the road eating something or other.

I wasn't going that fast (30 or 40 km/h) so I didn't bother stopping thinking they would all fly out of the way. Sure enough, most of them scattered when I got closer....except for one.

He just sat there pecking away at whatever was on the road. By the time I realized he wasn't getting out of the way, it was too late to stop.

I think he saw me at the last minute because I heard a "thunk" right underneath me, presumably as he tried to fly away. Ironically, if he'd just stayed put he would of probably been fine.

For the rest of the day I kept thinking of that Seinfeld episode where George kills all these animals, keeps shouting "We have a deal!" or something like that.