5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

carbon fiber door pillars

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 03:59 PM

Originally posted by Maximizd

I noticed it looked like you had a wood dash trim kit installed in your car. Have you seen the pics of my carbon fiber kit (probably not since my site has been down for ages , but I can post again if you want) ?
I might have seen it but i prefer molded dash kits over flat kits and correct me if i'm wrong but there aren't any molded carbon fiber kits available. I like the wood dash kit it look great with the black interior and since it's wood If i ever sell my car it won't be difficult to sell.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by perrymaxima

I might have seen it but i prefer molded dash kits over flat kits and correct me if i'm wrong but there aren't any molded carbon fiber kits available. I like the wood dash kit it look great with the black interior and since it's wood If i ever sell my car it won't be difficult to sell.
no real CF molded dashes...but i have mold synthetic CF dash on my 2k2...real CF door pillars. they don't match perfectly...but still looks good.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by MAXRAY

no real CF molded dashes...but i have mold synthetic CF dash on my 2k2...real CF door pillars. they don't match perfectly...but still looks good.
thee are molded cf dash kits from where and what color I didn't know that!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:40 PM

thee are molded cf dash kits from where and what color I didn't know that!
http://www.autodash.com/details.lass...n=ni-maxim02ca
Old 08-22-2002, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by MAXRAY

No offense intended, but I've seen synthetic CF kits and I'm not too crazy about them. The beauty of real CF is the way that they "come alive" in the light, they have real depth and shimmer. Synthetic kits are made from a vinyl decal sheet and are not as attractive, IMO. But, to each his own, as long as you like what you have.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by CharlieNewbieMax

http://www.autodash.com/details.lass...n=ni-maxim02ca
When i bought my kit they were only offering 9pieces with the molded kit for 225 now they are offering 15pieces for 241 thats great I got ripped off I guess.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:18 PM

Those of you who have installed the carbon fiber door pillars from wood-dash.com...

After installation, does the pillar stick out at all? Since you are simply sticking/pasting the carbon fiber directly onto the OEM pillar, wouldn't it stick out and look out of place at all? Any information is appreciated as I am planning on buying these soon.

Thank You.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by pjonkheer
Those of you who have installed the carbon fiber door pillars from wood-dash.com...

After installation, does the pillar stick out at all? Since you are simply sticking/pasting the carbon fiber directly onto the OEM pillar, wouldn't it stick out and look out of place at all? Any information is appreciated as I am planning on buying these soon.

Thank You.
yes, it does "stick out" a little, but it blends tastefully. looks pretty sweet.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:09 PM

Thank You.
i think your concerned about weather or not they would look gaudy or as If they would look like they weren't factory. The answer is no they are flush with the rest of the body of the car since the original door pillars go inwards to the body of the car the pillars are flush withthe chrome door accents. Depending on the color of our car you won't even notice them until you get up close.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:11 PM

i think your concerned about weather or not they would look gaudy or as If they would look like they weren't factory. The answer is no they are flush with the rest of the body of the car since the original door pillars go inwards to the body of the car the pillars are flush withthe chrome door accents. Depending on the color of our car you won't even notice them until you get up close.
agree 100%
Old 08-22-2002, 02:15 PM

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the info. I have the new Polished Titanium color. Hopefully it looks ok...
Old 08-22-2002, 02:21 PM

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the info. I have the new Polished Titanium color. Hopefully it looks ok...
i don't think you'll be disappointed. when applying the CF pillar, start from the bottom and go up. of course, test fit the pieces first. good luck!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:27 AM

Thank You.
Check out this image and judge for yourself:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computergeniu...ar%20Close.jpg

Also, the application tip above from MAXRAY is excellent. Test fit, start at the bottom and follow the existing line going up. It may help if the pieces are warmed slightly to be flexible. The sun may be enough or a hair dryer works well too - heat gun is NOT required! If you are careful and take your time, it will look MINT. Also, practice on the small pieces for the rear pillars first to get the idea down right - remember, you only get ONE chance to get it right. Once it's on, it's ON!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:50 AM

Ok, you guys have convinced me. Quick question... What do you use to clean the rubber right next to the pillars? Mine look like they have been oxidized or stained already.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:10 AM

Ok, you guys have convinced me. Quick question... What do you use to clean the rubber right next to the pillars? Mine look like they have been oxidized or stained already.
I leave my rubber as is but i gues you could put some armorall or some silicone. Silicone would be the best choice since it's waterproof. Beefore you ask where can you get some from any hardware store for like $1.00 and some change
Old 09-17-2002, 09:20 PM

4th gen

I called today and they have 4th gen carbon pillars in stock. I just ordered mine $60 bones.
Only real reason I did was cause I was bored in class.

-Dawg