5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bad Day.....need Advice......

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002 | 06:33 AM

Bad Day.....need Advice......

Here's the story... Yesterday I come back to work from break around 4pm... Park my car beside a parking spot that has a telephone pole in it so no car can park there; so I park close to the line. I always park here b/c I think it's the safest spot in the parking lot.. Go back into work... I come outside at 6pm and what do I see... A big dent in my driver side passenger door, big scratch on my back bumper, and last but not least my rim is scratched... Whoever did it had already left and didn't leave a note or anything.. I stand there ****ed... Trying hard not to curse.. I filed a police report and called my insurance company.. So now I need advice on where I should take my car to get it fixed... Nissan?? or another place?? I don't have any pics of car yet but will be taking them after work.. And I just got a scanner so I will be able to post pics finally...
Old 08-17-2002 | 06:53 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Sorry bro... I'd take it to an independent body shop. Not Nissan. And not Maaco.
Old 08-17-2002 | 07:22 AM

Originally posted by asu174

Sorry bro... I'd take it to an independent body shop. Not Nissan. And not Maaco.
I was thinking about just taking it to nissan for the estimate but my insurance company said they have there own estimaters so I'm taking it to them on monday.. I'm taking it to Nissan monday morning at 7:30am to get there estimate.. I want to get as much money as possible form insurance company so where ever I take it hopefully I won't have to pay my deductible of $500..
Old 08-17-2002 | 08:21 AM

Carsmetics (sic?)

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax

I was thinking about just taking it to nissan for the estimate but my insurance company said they have there own estimaters so I'm taking it to them on monday.. I'm taking it to Nissan monday morning at 7:30am to get there estimate.. I want to get as much money as possible form insurance company so where ever I take it hopefully I won't have to pay my deductible of $500..
Do you have Carsmetics in your area. We have them in FL and they do some amazing things for minor damage. Cheap too!
Should be able to save that deductible
Old 08-17-2002 | 02:06 PM

Re: Bad Day.....need Advice......

I stand there ****ed... Trying hard not to curse..
Why? You totally deserved to say every frickin' foul-mouthed word in the book!!! I know I would have and it wouldn't have been pretty!!

Sorry man, that totally sucks!! Here...I'll cuss for you.

Tony
Old 08-17-2002 | 05:31 PM

Carstar....

Definitely take it to CARSTAR, they did my car and they stuck to their estimate price to the cent. They did a great job and I would go back there in a second, so if you have that down there, go to CARSTAR!!
Old 08-19-2002 | 05:11 AM

Re: Carsmetics (sic?)

Originally posted by buzek

Do you have Carsmetics in your area. We have them in FL and they do some amazing things for minor damage. Cheap too!
Should be able to save that deductible
Unfortunately I don't have a Carsmetic or Carstar close to me.. I live in Harrisburg, PA, but I just found out there is a Carstar in Baltimore, MD.. I'm going to get my estimate today from my insurance company, hopefully they give me a good estimate... I'm going to try to go to Carstar this weekend for a estimate.. Thanks for the advice guys.. I noticed that most people don't suggest Nissan for body repair.. Is it because there work isn't good, or pices too high??
Old 08-19-2002 | 08:23 AM

1. If the paint on the door isn't messed up, you can try Dentwerks, they specialize in getting out dents w/o panting.
2. Be careful on that deductible thing. It's illegal for a repair shop to inflate prices to cover your deductible. They face major prosecution form the Insurance co.
3. The law says you have the right to at least two estimates. So even if your insurance says they are getting one, get a second opinion.
p.s. If you go to Nissan, try and find one with an in-house body shop. Otherwise they just ship it out to a body shop, which you could have done yourself.
Old 08-22-2002 | 05:39 AM

UPDATE... UPDATE....GOOD NEWS

Ok, car got hit Friday. On Monday I go thru parking lot don't see a car that matches paint on my car. A friend of mine notices a car at the end of parking lot under a tree , same color paint on it as my car. I go check it out and it has damage on the right front side of car and my paint. I take down his plate # and give it to my insurance co. Ok so yesterday I bring my camera and take pictures of his car and license plate. I give the car info and plate # to my director of operations to find out who's car it is. They find the guy and bring both of us to human resources. I ask them man if he hit my car, he says no 2 times. Then says don't you drive that new car, I say no it's no new. He says yeah the Maxima. I say how do you know what car I drve, he just started working here like a mnth ago. Long story short, I leave H/R go call police again to verify my findings and cop says thats the car. Cop goes to get his digital camera and take photos of cars. 2 Cops come back question man. Cop asks him twice if he hit my car, man says no. Cop says I'm going to ask you one more time, man says no again, emmediately the cops throw him over hood of his car, cuff him and take him off, while other cop takes pictures of car.. So I'm feeling better now, but won't be fine until my car is fixed....
Old 08-22-2002 | 06:47 AM

Re: UPDATE... UPDATE....GOOD NEWS

Ok, car got hit Friday. On Monday I go thru parking lot don't see a car that matches paint on my car. A friend of mine notices a car at the end of parking lot under a tree , same color paint on it as my car. I go check it out and it has damage on the right front side of car and my paint. I take down his plate # and give it to my insurance co. Ok so yesterday I bring my camera and take pictures of his car and license plate. I give the car info and plate # to my director of operations to find out who's car it is. They find the guy and bring both of us to human resources. I ask them man if he hit my car, he says no 2 times. Then says don't you drive that new car, I say no it's no new. He says yeah the Maxima. I say how do you know what car I drve, he just started working here like a mnth ago. Long story short, I leave H/R go call police again to verify my findings and cop says thats the car. Cop goes to get his digital camera and take photos of cars. 2 Cops come back question man. Cop asks him twice if he hit my car, man says no. Cop says I'm going to ask you one more time, man says no again, emmediately the cops throw him over hood of his car, cuff him and take him off, while other cop takes pictures of car.. So I'm feeling better now, but won't be fine until my car is fixed....
Right on!!! One for the good guys!
Old 08-22-2002 | 07:32 AM

Wow, nice one, you were fortunate in this set of events because the guys worked with you and had to come back to the job eventually. Although, i'm wondering how you hit the driver side passenger door, bumper, and rim on one car. haha Hopefully this moron didn't do it intentionally, and if he did, he's the worst criminal ever. Did it look like he tried to clean up the scratches of paint on his car? Something similar happened to my dad a while ago except the person tried to hide the black paint on his white car by trying to wash it off and put medical tape over it. Needless to say the cops were a little surprised at the attempt.
Old 08-22-2002 | 08:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Glad to hear that the bozo was caught. You had a good bit of luck.

Sounds like he did it on purpose since he asked whether you drove that new car....
Old 08-22-2002 | 02:15 PM

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
Wow, nice one, you were fortunate in this set of events because the guys worked with you and had to come back to the job eventually. Although, i'm wondering how you hit the driver side passenger door, bumper, and rim on one car. haha Hopefully this moron didn't do it intentionally, and if he did, he's the worst criminal ever. Did it look like he tried to clean up the scratches of paint on his car? Something similar happened to my dad a while ago except the person tried to hide the black paint on his white car by trying to wash it off and put medical tape over it. Needless to say the cops were a little surprised at the attempt.
No, he didn't do anything to cover it up. Just parked far away under a tree. He looks real sneaky too. He's like 40. That's messed up, medical tape? I'm just glad we both had good cops. Now I just have to get my car fixed. Don't have to pay deductable anymore.
Old 08-22-2002 | 02:17 PM

No, he didn't do anything to cover it up. Just parked far away under a tree. He looks real sneaky too. He's like 40. That's messed up, medical tape? I'm just glad we both had good cops. No just have to get my car fixed. Don't have to pay deductable anymore.
glad you came out on top! but, i don't think you would have had to pay a deductible either way.
Old 08-22-2002 | 02:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Carsmetics (sic?)

Unfortunately I don't have a Carsmetic or Carstar close to me.. I live in Harrisburg, PA, but I just found out there is a Carstar in Baltimore, MD.. I'm going to get my estimate today from my insurance company, hopefully they give me a good estimate... I'm going to try to go to Carstar this weekend for a estimate.. Thanks for the advice guys.. I noticed that most people don't suggest Nissan for body repair.. Is it because there work isn't good, or pices too high??
Hey MAn:

Harrisburg huh? You may want to check out Pritz Auto Body down here in York.

I know they do great work although, I am not familiar with their pricing.

Good luck!

DL