5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 09:42 PM

zaino

i've done some searching and seems that zaino is the real deal. any experience on a black max? where can you buy the products? any other recommendations?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:04 PM

Re: zaino

Originally posted by MAXRAY
i've done some searching and seems that zaino is the real deal. any experience on a black max? where can you buy the products? any other recommendations?
You can buy them from ZainoBros.com.
I think all you need is the Z-1 and Z-2 and if you want get the clay bar. Also you can check out my homepage and on page 5 you can see my sisters black Rav4. I waxed her car with Zaino.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:33 PM

Definitely get the clay bar. My brother used zaino without claying his car first and he's got bumps all over. Washed and waxed and now he's got bumps.

Hope you got a few days and a garage too, it takes about 4 days to do the whole package but it's well worth it.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:09 AM

Get Z1 and Z2 and the ZFX the ZFX will save you a lot of time it is worth the $20 plus if you get ZFX you don't need Z1. Since your car is black get Z5.

Z1 or ZFX (ZFX you don't need Z1 and no waiting)
Z2 (Must)
Z5 (fine scraches and swirls)
Old 08-22-2002, 05:51 AM

This basically what I wrote in a another thread...

There are a lot of products that have the initial shine of Zaino, but only a few (maybe Klasse) will be shining like that several months later. The initial cost of Z may seem high but you are only going to put thin layers of the product on so it will last a long time.

I think you really need:

ZFX
Z-5(polish for Swirls)
Z-2(clearcoat polish)
Z-6(quick detailer spray)
Z-7(car wash)

If you have real swirls I would get 3m Swirlmark Remover. Z-5 just fills them in. On dark cars z-5 is almost a must have, on my Majestic Blue I left z-5 as top layer because it leaves a deeper wetter look rather than shiny reflective look of z-2. I will eventually add some more z-2.

The wash(z-7) and Z-6 are very important,imo. The wash restores the Z shine after ever wash, and it is my understanding that it has so additives that bonds with the Z. The Z-7 is even more important because it brings back the just waxed slickness and shine.

Since Zaino is so optically clear you need a near perfect finish before you wax, because it will highlight imperfections. But, I think you should try the Z.

The Klasse (All-in-One & Sealant Glaze) look beautiful on dark cars. I use it on my mother's Deep Slate Pearl 300m and it gives the paint a deep wet look rather than reflective. But I like the Z on my Max, it all in what you are looking for.

Checkout this site, you can get great advice here:

http://www.autopia.ws/index.php?s=
Old 08-22-2002, 06:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I ordered my Zaino, just last week, from Eckler's as they accept credit cards (Zaino Bros only accept personal checks. The shipping took a little longer than I had hoped for (4 days), but they will match www.zainobros.com prices, which is important since all their prices are $1 higher. Have fun shining your new max!

http://www.ecklers.com/
Old 08-22-2002, 06:18 AM

If you want to save some $$ get the mothers clay bar it is $13 for the kit ( i only use the clay bar though) I use the Z6 and Z7 as well but you don't need all that if you are on a budget
Old 08-22-2002, 06:21 AM

Buy from zainobros.com....my Max is black and lavished with Zaino...Z1, Z2 and a lil Z5 as needed (damn rear wing swirl marks! ) Oh yea, don't forget to clay bar...
Old 08-22-2002, 06:52 AM

Re: Re: zaino

Originally posted by srbarnes4ever

Buy from zainobros.com....my Max is black and lavished with Zaino...Z1, Z2 and a lil Z5 as needed (damn rear wing swirl marks! ) Oh yea, don't forget to clay bar...
You know I have my worst swirl problem on trunk/spoiler and rear bumper cover also. I
Old 08-22-2002, 08:00 AM

clay bar

thanks for all the input. i've never used a clay bar before. what is it? how do you use it? why do you need to use it? thanks again. sorry for my ignorance.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LAzaino.com if your on the west coast!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 02:03 PM

Re: clay bar

thanks for all the input. i've never used a clay bar before. what is it? how do you use it? why do you need to use it? thanks again. sorry for my ignorance.
A clay bar just a bar of clay that is used to remove contaminants from the car's paint. Such as acid rain, bird droppings that have set in, stuff like that. Once you wash your car and have dried it, run your hand on the car and see how it feels, if it's not smooth then used the clay bar. If I remember correctly, Zaino recommends that you use a water and soap mixture and wet the car in small sections. The mixture is used to help lubricate the car. Rub the clay bar on it. Don't apply any force/preasure on the clay bar. Let the bar do the work for you. After doing a setion or two look at the rubbed surface of the clay bar and you will see what you weren't able wash away. I think that you are supposed to wipe down the area that you layed. But anyways wash the car again after you have clay bared the car. Hope this helped.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:05 PM

Re: Re: clay bar

Originally posted by Menacer
A clay bar just a bar of clay that is used to remove contaminants from the car's paint. Such as acid rain, bird droppings that have set in, stuff like that. Once you wash your car and have dried it, run your hand on the car and see how it feels, if it's not smooth then used the clay bar. If I remember correctly, Zaino recommends that you use a water and soap mixture and wet the car in small sections. The mixture is used to help lubricate the car. Rub the clay bar on it. Don't apply any force/preasure on the clay bar. Let the bar do the work for you. After doing a setion or two look at the rubbed surface of the clay bar and you will see what you weren't able wash away. I think that you are supposed to wipe down the area that you layed. But anyways wash the car again after you have clay bared the car. Hope this helped.
thanks for the info...but claying your car doesn't cause any scratches or swirl marks??? seems like it would. but, if you guys are all doing it w/o prob...i guess i'll give it a shot.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: clay bar

thanks for the info...but claying your car doesn't cause any scratches or swirl marks??? seems like it would. but, if you guys are all doing it w/o prob...i guess i'll give it a shot.
It won't cause any swirl marks or scratches UNLess you dont prepare your car properly. You need to dawn wash it..using the 2 bucket meathod to ENSURE your car is free from any dirt or debris..then wash/rinse it again with a clean sponge/cloth. ONce you've done that and you can now clay your car using the clay bar and a lubricant (car wash soap). Make sure you dont drop the clay bar and inspect it frequently to make sure you havent trapped any dirt or particles within the bar itself. If you dont clean your car properly, drop the small slippery bar, or fail to inspect the bar itself. It can cause scratches!
Old 08-22-2002, 02:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: clay bar

If you don't appy pressure and lubricate the ara you are claying the answer is no. no swirls.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: clay bar

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

It won't cause any swirl marks or scratches UNLess you dont prepare your car properly. You need to dawn wash it..using the 2 bucket meathod to ENSURE your car is free from any dirt or debris..then wash/rinse it again with a clean sponge/cloth. ONce you've done that and you can now clay your car using the clay bar and a lubricant (car wash soap). Make sure you dont drop the clay bar and inspect it frequently to make sure you havent trapped any dirt or particles within the bar itself. If you dont clean your car properly, drop the small slippery bar, or fail to inspect the bar itself. It can cause scratches!
thanks for the advice. but what's "dawn wash"???
Old 08-22-2002, 07:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: clay bar

thanks for the advice. but what's "dawn wash"???
He is talking about Dawn dish detergent, it is great for removing on wax and preparing the surface for the Z. If you already have Scratches then I would

Wash
Clay
Polish (3m swirlmark remover)
Dawn wash again
Then apply the Z.

You don't want to apply Zaino if your car is already scratched, swirled, etc the Z will shine, but it will also highlight the scratches. Zaino has no cleaning/polishing agent like some waxes you may have used. Now if you have minor swirls Z-5 will help after several coats. But if you do proper prep your car will bling.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:20 PM

I don't know if any of you zaino users have tried it, but if you wax your windshield with z-2 the water will bead off like rain-x, without the removal trouble of rain-x.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by MarcusJY
I don't know if any of you zaino users have tried it, but if you wax your windshield with z-2 the water will bead off like rain-x, without the removal trouble of rain-x.
Thanks for the tip, I will try that the next timw I wash my car.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:56 PM

I have a black Max, and i have used the products. They are excellent. And after massive amounts of coats w/o rain or dirtying interuption, it works. But after you run out, you gotta buy more. I am one cheap **** and gave up.

Anyway i was doing this... started off DAWNing, claybar, z1, then i went back and forth with the z2 and z5, for almost 1 whole month, EVERDAY(including sat and sunday). Had it car covered when it rained and spot cleaned IF it got dirty. You must be very dedicated.
Roger
Old 08-24-2002, 07:56 AM

Re: Re: zaino

Originally posted by radpp16
I have a black Max, and i have used the products. They are excellent. And after massive amounts of coats w/o rain or dirtying interuption, it works. But after you run out, you gotta buy more. I am one cheap **** and gave up.

Anyway i was doing this... started off DAWNing, claybar, z1, then i went back and forth with the z2 and z5, for almost 1 whole month, EVERDAY(including sat and sunday). Had it car covered when it rained and spot cleaned IF it got dirty. You must be very dedicated.
Roger
so, is it a daily or weekly process for life??? that sounds like too much work. monthly would be okay. so are you telling me that zaino does not last?
Old 08-24-2002, 09:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: zaino

so, is it a daily or weekly process for life??? that sounds like too much work. monthly would be okay. so are you telling me that zaino does not last?
Trhust me Zaino does last, what he means though is that it becomes addictive meaning you start to like the look feel attention that you get when you switch to zaino. Since the more coats of zaino you apply the better the shine on your car you just want to keep applig it until it runs out. One bottle of Z1, Z2, Z5, ZFX will last a year.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:03 AM

Yeah, it is very addictive because it's so easy to apply. With other waxes I would do it every few months but with Zaino I will throw a coat on after every wash because it's so easy.

The durablity is what makes Zaino so great. I have a great just waxed shine after every wash, but with every new coat of wax it looks better.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:21 AM

does it leave the "white" residual on the black plastic/rubber trims like waxes?
Old 08-24-2002, 02:22 PM

I know what you mean about addictive. You can see the difference in it after every coat so ya want to keep doing it. It gets like a crystal look to it where light almost sparkles off it. When I do it I usually do two coats in a row.
Check out the pics on my home page in full res. The ones in the tint shop waiting for tint show the shine of the light in the shop. the low level shots in the driveway reflecting our lamp post and flower beds.
P.S. Someone out there must like the pics as they have been downloaded 6 times was it anyone here?
Old 08-24-2002, 08:00 PM

does it leave the "white" residual on the black plastic/rubber trims like waxes?
Zaino is not a wax so no white residue. However if zaino gets in the cracks of the door handle area it will stand out i just take my finger nail and run it through the creases tog et the zaino out but no flakey residu with zaino.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: zaino

Zaino most certainly does last... single coat about three months, double coat about 6 months. It is NOT necessary to spend hours layering on the zaino to get a better-than-any-other product finish. A
Z1/Z2, Z2 finish will do you for 6 months at a time. I put on the Z1, put Z2 right on top. Wait one hour. Rub off, put Z2 on again, wait one hour , rub off, repeat in 5 months.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:41 AM

Clay bar

Below is a link to a post that I made after applying the Zaino to my black 2k2 SE at 25,000 kms (June). The car now has 35,000 kms and is in need of reapplication, IMO. Zaino has outperformed anything else I've ever used as far as durability. The shine isn't any better than numerous other products out there, but the time it lasts is impressive. BTW, I say it's time for reapplication, not because my car doesn't shine/bead water any more, but because I'm on holidays this week and can only spend so much time on the golf course.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=zaino

Here is a quote from that post regarding the clay bar:

3) this is the first time I've ever used a clay bar. I've always used Zymol's precleaner which is a liquid clay that accomplishes what the Zaino clay bar does (with much less cursing). For anyone contemplating using a clay bar on their car, DON'T!!!!! The Zymol HD-Cleanse is far easier to use. I'm so sick of pulling, folding, pinching, cursing.... for no improvement over HD-Cleanse, that I will NEVER use a clay bar again. I will use Zymol's HD-cleanse.

I still stress this. The clay bars work, but they are so much harder to work with than they need to be. Zymol's HD-cleanse is a liquid clay and is easily as effective, if not more effective. For example, the rocker panels/bottom of doors are so rounded, it makes it difficult to use the clay bar comfortably on those. Do yourself a favour and get the HD-cleanse rather than the clay bar.

Albert
Old 08-25-2002, 06:56 AM

Re: Clay bar

Originally posted by akrus
Below is a link to a post that I made after applying the Zaino to my black 2k2 SE at 25,000 kms (June). The car now has 35,000 kms and is in need of reapplication, IMO. Zaino has outperformed anything else I've ever used as far as durability. The shine isn't any better than numerous other products out there, but the time it lasts is impressive. BTW, I say it's time for reapplication, not because my car doesn't shine/bead water any more, but because I'm on holidays this week and can only spend so much time on the golf course.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=zaino

Here is a quote from that post regarding the clay bar:

3) this is the first time I've ever used a clay bar. I've always used Zymol's precleaner which is a liquid clay that accomplishes what the Zaino clay bar does (with much less cursing). For anyone contemplating using a clay bar on their car, DON'T!!!!! The Zymol HD-Cleanse is far easier to use. I'm so sick of pulling, folding, pinching, cursing.... for no improvement over HD-Cleanse, that I will NEVER use a clay bar again. I will use Zymol's HD-cleanse.

I still stress this. The clay bars work, but they are so much harder to work with than they need to be. Zymol's HD-cleanse is a liquid clay and is easily as effective, if not more effective. For example, the rocker panels/bottom of doors are so rounded, it makes it difficult to use the clay bar comfortably on those. Do yourself a favour and get the HD-cleanse rather than the clay bar.

Albert
thanks for the tip, albert. i've never used a clay bar before and was kinda nervous about it. has anyone else used the zymol hd-cleanse? where can you get it?
Old 08-25-2002, 07:01 AM

Re: Re: Clay bar

thanks for the tip, albert. i've never used a clay bar before and was kinda nervous about it. has anyone else used the zymol hd-cleanse? where can you get it?
Here's a link to Zymol's site regarding the HD-Cleanse:

http://www.zymol.com/hd2.htm

You can order direct from Zymol, or as in my case, go to a high end detail shop, a high end dealership (Mercedes, Lexus, etc.) Just call Zymol and ask them for phone numbers of resellers near you.

Albert
Old 08-26-2002, 08:17 PM
ABS

Investigate Klasse

Before you take the plunge into Zaino, you might want to investigate Klasse. It is very similar to Zaino in terms of the design/function of the product, but is, IMHO much easier to apply.

Klasse consists of an All-In-One base and a Glaze. You can add coats over time, just like with Zaino. However, you do not need to mix ingredients, etc.

I have it on my 2K2 Grey Luster and love it. It is very durable. My brother just put it on his silver S2000 and also loves it.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:32 PM

Re: Investigate Klasse

Originally posted by ABS
Before you take the plunge into Zaino, you might want to investigate Klasse. It is very similar to Zaino in terms of the design/function of the product, but is, IMHO much easier to apply.

Klasse consists of an All-In-One base and a Glaze. You can add coats over time, just like with Zaino. However, you do not need to mix ingredients, etc.

I have it on my 2K2 Grey Luster and love it. It is very durable. My brother just put it on his silver S2000 and also loves it.
do you need to clay prior to using klasse? what about swirls?
Old 08-26-2002, 08:41 PM

I use the HD cleanse on my car along with the zymol carbon wax. It is amazing. I have used many different waxes over the years and nothing touches this combo. I was told by a high end detail shop that Zymol is the top dog. The guy I spoke with said that Zaino is very good, but it is based on a lot of internet hype. BTW....this guy wasnt trying to sell me on Zymol, he carries just about every high end wax out.

BTW....for cars with swirl marks try this combo. Use Meguiars Swirl Remover 2.0 first, then HD-Cleanse, and then apply wax. When you are done you have an amazing shine with almost no swirls. I tried this combo on my dads black Audi, which has tons of swirls due to machine washing.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:49 PM
ABS

Re: Re: Investigate Klasse

do you need to clay prior to using klasse? what about swirls?
You do not have to use the clay bar, although there is no reason not to. The clay bar will help prep the painted surfaces before you apply the Klasse or Zaino. Klasse will help fill swirls just like Zaino will. I just think it is easier to apply.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:10 PM

zaino vs. zymol

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
Old 08-27-2002, 04:18 AM

Re: zaino vs. zymol

Originally posted by nvision
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
I have three cars, and did a similar experiment on all three cars. I had similar results... Zaino is the only wax/polish that has lasted more than three months on one of my cars. It lasts more than twice as long as its best competitor. Now, I did not try it with the mail order zymol or with klasse, but Zaino is better than anything you can buy at the local Walmart or auto parts store (including any of the Meguires crap)
Old 08-27-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: Re: zaino vs. zymol

Originally posted by SSandMaxima

I have three cars, and did a similar experiment on all three cars. I had similar results... Zaino is the only wax/polish that has lasted more than three months on one of my cars. It lasts more than twice as long as its best competitor. Now, I did not try it with the mail order zymol or with klasse, but Zaino is better than anything you can buy at the local Walmart or auto parts store (including any of the Meguires crap)
Zaino is among the best, period. Zymol is just an over priced carnauba,meaning that it will last a month tops. Zaino & Klasse are both synthetic polymer sealants that last for 6 months or more. If you really like carnauba then try Souveran or P21S, which is way cheaper than that Zymol and works just as well.

Now Klasse is great, I would not say better than Zaino but different. I use it on my mothers 300m, which is dark gray (almost black). Klasse seems to turn out better on darker cars because it produces a deeper wetter shine, while Zaino produces a more reflective mirror like shine. It all in what you are looking for, even though I love Zaino on my dark Majestic Blue Max.

http://www.autopia.ws/forums/showthr...8&pagenumber=1
Old 09-02-2002, 12:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: zaino vs. zymol

Originally posted by MarcusJY

Zaino is among the best, period. Zymol is just an over priced carnauba,meaning that it will last a month tops. Zaino & Klasse are both synthetic polymer sealants that last for 6 months or more. If you really like carnauba then try Souveran or P21S, which is way cheaper than that Zymol and works just as well.

Now Klasse is great, I would not say better than Zaino but different. I use it on my mothers 300m, which is dark gray (almost black). Klasse seems to turn out better on darker cars because it produces a deeper wetter shine, while Zaino produces a more reflective mirror like shine. It all in what you are looking for, even though I love Zaino on my dark Majestic Blue Max.

http://www.autopia.ws/forums/showthr...8&pagenumber=1

Well, you are the second person that I have heard say that Klasse gives off that wetter shine and that Zaino is more mirror like. You said that they last six months each. I want to find out how each would look in my car then decide which is a better option for my car.
The problem is how would i completly remove one to replace it with the other. I ask because I don't want one overlapping the over.

I agree with you about Zymol being an overpriced carnauba wax. but I think that their Leather care is really good. Also the HD cleanse, its alot easier than most clay bars. I have only used Zymol's leather care kit. Does anyone else have any better suggestions?? Yes I know that the maxima leather isn't the best but i rather keep it in the best condition possible rather than let it get worse.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:47 PM

Klasse is an Acrylic

Actually,

Klasse is an acrylic - not a polymer. It performs similiar to Zaino in durability. Go to http://autopia.ws/index.php and search for further info.