General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 07:15 PM
RussMaxManiac

Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Well, I went ahead and did some work on my hood and roof today. After getting sick of seeing these swirl marks on my paint, and after seeing the results of meguires on what it did with removing a part of my damaged paint, I decided to go further. I bought a while back, but never really used the Meguires gold class wax. I did a 3 step system with putting this on. I first used the body scrub to clean off crap that was on my paint, if it was bad, I did it 2 times. Then I used the meguires polish, then the meguires Gold class. The paint is very very deep glossy. Zaino was a very bright glossy, but it also showed every defect in the paint as well. The hood and roof on my car look so damn good its unreal. It doesn't look as clear as Zaino, but it looks deep black, with no scratches. Zaino seemed to have a problem hiding / filling in scratches even if I used a few steps that Sal at Zaino recommened. I used a orbital polisher to help speed the process up as well. I will work on the rest of the car tomarrow evening, tonight was more for a test than anything. Now the question is, how long will this last?

The reason I did this, and what made me do this, is I had a friend which is a detailer, said what the heck happened to your hood. I looked, and it had swirls. He said looks like it was highspeed wrong. I was like, no one ever touched the car with one that I know of, well he said it was, maybe before I got it from the dealer, since it did come from dallas, detailed. So anyways, he is a meguires fan, and I switched back for now to see. I am kinda stuck between zaino and meguires. Zaino is so easy to work with compared to meguires. I even tried the IBIZ as well. I do not recommend it at all, it seems to be more of a oil based product and just smeared than work. Zaino is a excellent polish for light colored cars or better black cars with better paint jobs, but for Nissan Black paint, I don't know if it will do its job.

Just my .02 cents of what I saw tonight. I will see more results as I go on.

Old 09-26-2001, 08:17 PM

Re: Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands
Old 09-26-2001, 08:24 PM

thanks for the review. I personally just want the stuff that lasts the longest. I have been using mothers 3 step, but thats not very good.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:27 PM

Re: Re: Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands

lol!

that's what i was thinking... but i can't say that i'm not greatful for guys like russ to take the time to check stuff like this out!

kafene
Old 09-26-2001, 08:29 PM

Re: Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Well, I went ahead and did some work on my hood and roof today. After getting sick of seeing these swirl marks on my paint, and after seeing the results of meguires on what it did with removing a part of my damaged paint, I decided to go further. I bought a while back, but never really used the Meguires gold class wax. I did a 3 step system with putting this on. I first used the body scrub to clean off crap that was on my paint, if it was bad, I did it 2 times. Then I used the meguires polish, then the meguires Gold class. The paint is very very deep glossy. Zaino was a very bright glossy, but it also showed every defect in the paint as well. The hood and roof on my car look so damn good its unreal. It doesn't look as clear as Zaino, but it looks deep black, with no scratches. Zaino seemed to have a problem hiding / filling in scratches even if I used a few steps that Sal at Zaino recommened. I used a orbital polisher to help speed the process up as well. I will work on the rest of the car tomarrow evening, tonight was more for a test than anything. Now the question is, how long will this last?

The reason I did this, and what made me do this, is I had a friend which is a detailer, said what the heck happened to your hood. I looked, and it had swirls. He said looks like it was highspeed wrong. I was like, no one ever touched the car with one that I know of, well he said it was, maybe before I got it from the dealer, since it did come from dallas, detailed. So anyways, he is a meguires fan, and I switched back for now to see. I am kinda stuck between zaino and meguires. Zaino is so easy to work with compared to meguires. I even tried the IBIZ as well. I do not recommend it at all, it seems to be more of a oil based product and just smeared than work. Zaino is a excellent polish for light colored cars or better black cars with better paint jobs, but for Nissan Black paint, I don't know if it will do its job.

Just my .02 cents of what I saw tonight. I will see more results as I go on.
3 step is what I like but is a lot of work
Old 09-26-2001, 08:36 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Mequires vs Zaino.....inside

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
3 step is what I like but is a lot of work
Well, I was just recommened to use 3M. I also had 3M waiting to be tried. So I will work on that instead to try it on another part of the car. lol. I will let you guys know how it goes.....

Old 09-26-2001, 08:37 PM

i don't think meguires lasts too long, in my experience.

but it does do a nice job.