5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Recall

Got a notice in the mail. Seems to be for the seatbelt. Has anyone heard anything?

Also going to have them look at my cd player. I was driving on the BQE and i hit a bump while playing a cd. I smelled wiring burning and my cd won't eject and i can't switch between radio and cd. So far i've had nothing but problems with this car. (ie. headlights stolen, transverse recall, seatbelt recall, cd player problem, sunroof rattle, MAF replaced)...what else???
Old 08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
ABS

Re: Recall

Originally posted by SupaFly
Got a notice in the mail. Seems to be for the seatbelt. Has anyone heard anything?

Also going to have them look at my cd player. I was driving on the BQE and i hit a bump while playing a cd. I smelled wiring burning and my cd won't eject and i can't switch between radio and cd. So far i've had nothing but problems with this car. (ie. headlights stolen, transverse recall, seatbelt recall, cd player problem, sunroof rattle, MAF replaced)...what else???
What's the seatbelt recall? Did they give you any kind of recall campaign number? What does the description say?
Old 08-27-2002, 05:11 AM

Re: Re: Recall

Originally posted by ABS

What's the seatbelt recall? Did they give you any kind of recall campaign number? What does the description say?
actually, no. i received a postcard with my vin from the dealer i bring my car into. That's it. When i called up for info they told me it was for the seatbelt.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Recall

actually, no. i received a postcard with my vin from the dealer i bring my car into. That's it. When i called up for info they told me it was for the seatbelt.
Nothing here yet...
Old 08-27-2002, 08:40 PM
It's chrome alright...

You got a notice from the DEALER? I thought all recall stuff came from corporate. I'd bring it in, but also be wary if they "find" something else they'll want to charge you to fix.

Old 08-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Very sound, Mike

It's probably not a recall. Recall notices are sent from Nissan directly and explains the part of your car in question.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Recall

Originally posted by soundmike

It's probably not a recall. Recall notices are sent from Nissan directly and explains the part of your car in question.
The postcard mentioned that i was notified of an existing campaign (which i never received). I assume that was the coporate notice, but this notice came from the dealer. Will find out today when i go in.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Recall

The postcard mentioned that i was notified of an existing campaign (which i never received). I assume that was the coporate notice, but this notice came from the dealer. Will find out today when i go in.
Well, just got back from the dealer. Turns out that Koeppel Nissan in Queens doesn't keep good records. I was informed it was a seatbelt recall, but it turns out to be the transverse link recall that was to be done, but i already had it done about a month ago.

I can't even tell you why i received a notice for it. You would think they would be able to keep track of the cars they already fixed. Sorry for misinforming everyone. At least they can replace my busted CD player..