5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I Hate each and every one of you

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 10:01 AM

I Hate each and every one of you

I was perfectly happy with my car until I started reading this damn forum. I started with rims now I want a suspension upgrade, a body kit, Alum dash kit, and of course I don't just want show I want some go; so I want a intake, muffler, cat back any that might make the car go voooooom, let not start about stereo system. I estimated the cost and with all the goodies that I want I am looking at about 5-7K .

Doctor is there a pill or something I can take to make the pain stop?

Nice
Old 08-26-2002, 10:05 AM

I know what you mean......

Something I just didn't notice or care about(such as wheel gap) until I started reading this forum.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:12 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

It only gets worse, trust me. I think I have been bitten by the mod bug worse than anyone in here. I said that I was done with mods 10 mods ago......
Old 08-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Sanduguero

this is funny!! i think am taking the same path!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Jer

Re: I Hate each and every one of you

Check my sig and hate me more please.

Originally posted by nice95GLE
I was perfectly happy with my car until I started reading this damn forum. I started with rims now I want a suspension upgrade, a body kit, Alum dash kit, and of course I don't just want show I want some go; so I want a intake, muffler, cat back any that might make the car go voooooom, let not start about stereo system. I estimated the cost and with all the goodies that I want I am looking at about 5-7K .

Nice
Old 08-26-2002, 10:27 AM

Yes same here I started reading this forum when I got my first car in 1999 (a sentra) and got the Maxima bug but couldn't afford one went through 2 Altimas and finally I got a Max. You mod the car until you get bored with it then you trade that one in and get another car and start all over! Endless expensive cycle.

one thing I like about the forum though is If you are going to modd your car the forum makes you do it the right way. I have seen so many Maximas around here with rims and a lot of wheel gap and small brakes I shake my head and say they are so uninformed.

I know they ain't on the ORG driving around in that tacky ride
Old 08-26-2002, 10:30 AM
wat

Mods

I can't WAIT to get my first mod done.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:38 AM

RE: I have seen so many Maximas around here with rims and a lot of wheel gap and small brakes...

I forgot about the big brake kit. Lets add another $1500-$1700 to the mix

I think I will just jump off the roof now to end the AGONY....
Old 08-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I recommand Prozac....makes you not caring about anything even your MAxima got smoked by a geo metro.

welcome to the club man.....a year and half ago, I was happy with my maxima until I became a member here and later on, met some of them in person.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:32 PM

Seriously,
Relax! It is only a car and designed to get you there.
The momey you spend on mods should be after everything important as they will not really improve your life and could cause problems, both car and personal.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by see5
Seriously,
The momey you spend on mods should be after everything important as they will not really improve your life and could cause problems, both car and personal.
Wow.........that was deep.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by asu174

Wow.........that was deep.
Yes.
I have wasted thousands and like most things when you look back????
Old 08-26-2002, 02:05 PM

RE: I have seen so many Maximas around here with rims and a lot of wheel gap and small brakes...

I forgot about the big brake kit. Lets add another $1500-$1700 to the mix

I think I will just jump off the roof now to end the AGONY....
The Big brake kit is only necessary if you go 19" and above anything less is cool just might need to pain you calipers $$, but if you do go Big Brake kit you're going to need to add wheel spacers to the list too $$$$
Old 08-26-2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by see5
Seriously,
The momey you spend on mods should be after everything
important as they will not really improve your life and could
cause problems, both car and personal.
I fully understand what you are trying to say. I spend allot of time in my car; so a car that can perform well and look good is important to me. The car is a hobby. Bills get paid first then food and clothes (because of my job I need suits) and then the car. I sure allot of the people on the .org wish they had the money to just blow on mods. Even though my job pays pretty good and I can blow money on mods, I am married and I have to think about the wife first.

Thank you see5 it is nice to see nature people on the .org
Old 08-26-2002, 02:17 PM

RE: nature

mature
Old 08-26-2002, 03:10 PM
JJL

Well it's better then spending it on drugs

like some people I know
Old 08-26-2002, 04:32 PM

The mod-bug is very catchy and there is no cure...you're stuck with it for life!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:13 PM
2K1HoMax

It only gets worse, trust me. I think I have been bitten by the mod bug worse than anyone in here. I said that I was done with mods 10 mods ago......
yeah andy we know, but the thing is ur mods go beyond the max u know what im talkin about. jk. ive gone overboard myself its anoying, and i still havent dropped the car, wtf is wrong with me.

Old 08-26-2002, 07:49 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

This is my third time being not just hit, but SLAPPED , with the mod bug.. I guess it's just running through my blood !...
Old 08-26-2002, 09:52 PM

I have to agree with the rest of the members..I think all of us have gotten the mod bug..if you look at my sig, you see I have an extreme case..and that is in the last 6 months!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:15 AM

I fully understand what you are trying to say. I spend allot of time in my car; so a car that can perform well and look good is important to me. The car is a hobby. Bills get paid first then food and clothes (because of my job I need suits) and then the car. I sure allot of the people on the .org wish they had the money to just blow on mods. Even though my job pays pretty good and I can blow money on mods, I am married and I have to think about the wife first.

Thank you see5 it is nice to see nature people on the .org
This is why i bought my car when i did. I'm single. In the military. They pay for my room and board, my food, and my work uniforms. All of my money goes to my car. And if i go broke i always can eat at the chow hall, and walk to work. Some times its better not to have responsibilities. Especially when you caught the mod bug.

To be put on once i get back from Kuwait:
FSTB
RSTB
RSB
Intake
High-flow cat
Cat-back
?Y-pipe?
?UDP?
?Coilovers?
Thanks .ORG
Old 08-27-2002, 09:33 AM

Ditto...

I have also contracted the "Mod Virus" since finding this website forum. I even have clear corners! what the he$$ do I need clear corners for!! You Bastards!!

-FSTB
-RSB
-K&N drop-in
-Auto Ventshade Carflector
-clear corners
-and more to come
Old 08-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Don't think so...

You missed Zach(Mr.Burner). He left before you joined.

What is it with you Phoenix guys and going mod crazy on Maximas anyways?
Old 08-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

it's all Kevin-g's fault!
Old 08-27-2002, 12:03 PM

Nice
hahaa welcome to the fold we tempt you because we hate you also j/k>>
Old 08-27-2002, 01:01 PM

Re: Re: I Hate each and every one of you

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX

hahaa welcome to the fold we tempt you because we hate you also j/k>>
You're all a bunch of haters. Can't we all jus...get along?!?!
Old 08-27-2002, 01:52 PM

Epidemic

I never modded any of my cars, and I chose the Max because it had everything I wanted straight from the factory. Until is stumbled upon this GOD FORSAKEN WEBSITE!!! YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF MANIACS, AND NEED TO BE TORTURED AND PUT OUT OF YOUR MISERY!!!

By the way, I'll be doing my first mods tonight (FSTB and RSB) thanks to YOU A-HOLES!!!

I sold my bone-stock 1993 Sentra SE-R last month, and all I have left of the cash is $250. What do you suppose I go and do with it? I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO BUY A GO*DAMN INJEN INTAKE SINCE ALL Y'ALL ARE FORCING ME TO GET IT! I HATE ALL OF YOU.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know how everyone feels. I swore when I bought this car I wasnt going to touch a thing. Then I found the .org....Damn people. I still have the bite marks
Old 08-27-2002, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by remykins
I know how everyone feels. I swore when I bought this car I wasnt going to touch a thing. Then I found the .org....Damn people. I still have the bite marks
i'm feeling it too...i'm hating my spending $$$ on mods and hating the org and the members for feeding me the ideas and giving me the mod bug...BUT i'm LOVING my max. so, it's all good in the end. peace.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:36 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Don't think so...

Originally posted by IceY2K1

You missed Zach(Mr.Burner). He left before you joined.

What is it with you Phoenix guys and going mod crazy on Maximas anyways?
well ur in PHX too, how in the world have u been able to avoid it? i know ur ride isnt stock but u havent gotten carried away like i have, and damn i for sure havent gotten carried away like andy had. but i think we are both done for a little while because the mod bug feed on my cash, and i think im pretty much tapped out at this moment, well except for the tint im gettin this week, then im tapped out. well i still need a deck, and new tires....hmmm my rear struts are just startin to knock too, should i just get AGX's and spring? see what i mean this sucks!

Old 08-27-2002, 08:13 PM

Re: Re: Don't think so...

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

well ur in PHX too, how in the world have u been able to avoid it? i know ur ride isnt stock but u havent gotten carried away like i have, and damn i for sure havent gotten carried away like andy had. but i think we are both done for a little while because the mod bug feed on my cash, and i think im pretty much tapped out at this moment, well except for the tint im gettin this week, then im tapped out. well i still need a deck, and new tires....hmmm my rear struts are just startin to knock too, should i just get AGX's and spring? see what i mean this sucks!
You need to sell me your body kit and buy some springs and struts with the cash.

I think I am done BUT if I were to do anything else, it would be:

Stillen Aero Kit
NX 75 shot

I need to wait until this wedding blows over though....
Old 08-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Don't think so...

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

No TINT!?!?!?! That's a must have out here.

Actually, I'm in Oro Valley about 90-miles from Chandler, but close enough. How? I've got a KICK *** paying job, but a wife and kid, so that's how, otherwise I'd be giving Kev a run for his money. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. Not to mention I'm a cheap **** and only buy when it's a killa deal.

I'm still eyeballing the JIC coilovers, a NX kit, $tealin aero kit, rims, and I've supposedly got a $tealin RSB on the way plus Cattman owes me a FSTB, so I'm not done yet. BTW, I'm still fine tuning my BassLink and fixing my install. Not to mention the "warranty" holding me down. I've got plans for lots of mods still, but I like to spread them out over time, so I can enjoy them for awhile. Once, I get bored, then it's time to drop some cash.

Last, I'm still keeping one foot planted in the EVO VIII dreamland.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Don't think so...

Originally posted by IceY2K1

No TINT!?!?!?! That's a must have out here.

Actually, I'm in Oro Valley about 90-miles from Chandler, but close enough. How? I've got a KICK *** paying job, but a wife and kid, so that's how, otherwise I'd be giving Kev a run for his money. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. Not to mention I'm a cheap **** and only buy when it's a killa deal.

I'm still eyeballing the JIC coilovers, a NX kit, $tealin aero kit, rims, and I've supposedly got a $tealin RSB on the way plus Cattman owes me a FSTB, so I'm not done yet. BTW, I'm still fine tuning my BassLink and fixing my install. Not to mention the "warranty" holding me down. I've got plans for lots of mods still, but I like to spread them out over time, so I can enjoy them for awhile. Once, I get bored, then it's time to drop some cash.

Last, I'm still keeping one foot planted in the EVO VIII dreamland.
holy ****! we can say '****' here without getting starred out?
Old 08-27-2002, 10:46 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Don't think so...

You need to sell me your body kit and buy some springs and struts with the cash.

I think I am done BUT if I were to do anything else, it would be:

Stillen Aero Kit
NX 75 shot

I need to wait until this wedding blows over though....
no i think the stillen aero kits there to stay, but get this though, i bet ur struts never knocked when the car was standing still did it? well its obvioulsy something else thats makin the noise, i know 4sure the rear struts are bad because i inspected them and saw the leaks, i think the exhaust pipe is thing the black bar between the resonator and cat. allways something dumb i swear, im takin the car to the dealer on tuesday, id love to hear them tell me how my y-pipe voids my warranty on the struts......i will then have to kill them jk
btw andy if i were u id stay away from N20, the way the other mods on ur car worked out, i wouldnt want to see the outcome of this 1, u never know. besides who is here that is a n20 expert in phx, no1 that i trust, or know of.

Old 08-27-2002, 10:49 PM

I caught the bug 4 years ago and its still as strong as when I first got it