5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealership "SalesChicks"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 06:35 PM
Banned

Dealership "SalesChicks"

Ok, I know this is OT, but is it me, or are the dealerships these days employing more "chicks" onto their staff? I just came back from one of the local dealerships around me, and MAN-O-MAN, there were at least 3 hotties working there, 1 of which I talked to in regards to getting an 03 max. Is this a sales-deploy that will make single guys like myself "fold" to an "any-sale?" I should be strong, stand my ground, and ask for her # before the sale, right?

BTW, no pun intended with the word "chicks" to the female max owners here.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:51 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Dealership "SalesChicks"

Originally posted by VQPowerSE
Is this a sales-deploy that will make single guys like myself "fold" to an "any-sale?"

yes
Old 08-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I bought my old Altima from a total hottie. Looking back, I got hosed. But what an ***....
Old 08-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Banned

so we're basically saying deal with the fat-slob looking used car salesmen instead?
Old 08-28-2002, 07:11 PM

plain and simple..sex sells
Old 08-29-2002, 03:48 AM

when i went to test drive the ae 5speed for the hell of it, the sales was a nice lookin' lady that was blessed in the chest, of course she was also wearing a dress that was quite revealing. she was real nice and said how her sales manager was mad because they weren't pushing enouhg cars off the lot abd blah blah blah. i told her from the very beginning that i was there to play with the 5speed. the sales that sold me my car told me i could swing by whenever i felt like to test drive a five speed when they had one.. (he quit before i went back). so i drive it and was impressed with how smooth the car was.. and then she sits down with my sister nad i, tries to convince me to trade in my max for the AE. but i refused. 15min later the sales manager talks to me, really tries to pressure me into paying extra money just to switch from a 2k with a full sound system navigation, rims and all to a AE. he was wayy to persistant so i told him, if he wasn't so pushy i might have considered it, but since he was also being rude, i told him "good luck selling cars with that atitude. kindess and considerations sells, intimidation and persistance in the wrong places repels." then he says "well good luck paying off your car, blah blah blah" then i turn around and tell him. "too bad you didn't do your homework because if you pulled up the sales report on my car you would have known that i paid cash" OH BTW this was at stevens creek nissan.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:33 AM

It's just like a strip bar. All they want is for you to pull out your wallet. (fortunately there is no cover or 3 drink minimum!)
Old 08-29-2002, 05:34 AM

Originally posted by bert
It's just like a strip bar. All they want is for you to pull out your wallet. (fortunately there is no cover or 3 drink minimum!)
but no lap dances either.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:32 AM

This is definately starting to occur..I was looking at a used Max last year and I had this very attractive sales woman helping me. I was so close to making a deal because of her, not because of the car. Looking back on it, the deal was bad but her a$$ was selling it. Im glad I came to my senses before I signed the line.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:49 AM
jjs

Yep...

gotta watch that crap! Unless the 'hottie' comes with the car, remember it is a sales transaction.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:49 PM

kinda OT but...

on the day I bought my max, i was at a lexus dealer trying to get the is300 (don't flame me please...), the place was practically chick owned... 4 of the 5 salesperson were chicks and they were hot... the manager and supervisor were both ladies (they didn't look as hot as the sales chicks). The one that worked for me had a small piece of white paper stuck on her tight round a$$ but I didn't bother to let her know...Well, it turned out they didn't have the one I specified and told me to call (it was against their policy to locate another outside their dealership... chick related policy?) and locate one myself... They lost my business....When i got to huntington beach nissan, saw my baby there and bought.... never looked back at an is300 ever... all i ever see in the is300 (all i can respect is its handling prowess)now is an overpriced corolla sized and power deprived vehicle...No where near the power and roominess of the mighty max.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:35 PM

Basically I would think it's easier to wheel-n-deal with a lady "salesman".

Think about, for a girl who don't know squat about what she's selling it'll be easier to play with their minds and especially their emotions (just don't deal with the old woman who's got 10 or so awards in her office.)
Old 08-29-2002, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mingo
OH BTW this was at stevens creek nissan.
was the sales manager a middle age white guy with grey hair?? a fat guy? the second place I went for test drive was SC nissan. I must admit that they have good services but really sh!tty sales....all come with one crappy attitude and tried to sell me the car at window price. I told him that price is a loser price and I wont pay a penny over that, he got ****ed and told me that I will never get any good price at other places....
Old 08-29-2002, 02:13 PM
jjs

Originally posted by maximawanabee

Think about, for a girl who don't know squat about what she's selling it'll be easier to play with their minds and especially their emotions (just don't deal with the old woman who's got 10 or so awards in her office.)
Uh, not really...let's face it, women who make their living from their looks and presentation (and sadly this is the case here, there is no professional rocket science to selling a car) are used to having anything their way and men falling over themselves to be accomodating. These are the LAST people to try to haggle with.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jjs

Uh, not really...let's face it, women who make their living from their looks and presentation (and sadly this is the case here, there is no professional rocket science to selling a car) are used to having anything their way and men falling over themselves to be accomodating. These are the LAST people to try to haggle with.
I already gave the salesgirl I was talking to last night a pretty good idea of what I want, and dont' want. If she and her sales mgr can't meet what I'm asking for, I told them I have to look elsewhere. Sure, saying one thing and actually doing it are 2 different things, but I know I have alot to lose here if it doesnt work in my favor. So hottie or not, we'll see............
Old 08-29-2002, 03:35 PM

What? No one saw that Playboy 'court' show where they had this HOT HOT HOT sales chick selling Bimmers? She basically gave them a nice bonus before the sale actually happened to give em a little incentive
Old 08-29-2002, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by maximawanabee

In defense of any ignorant female salesperson, the sales people that I've met that are men, generally don't know squat either....

I have not had a female salesperson yet, but I'd much rather have a woman (even if she's not "HOT@!@!") than a guy - although if they acted like vultures and lied about everything then I guess it wouldn't matter either way. Regardless, my girlfriend is looking for a job, I'm going to send her to the dealership!