5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002 | 04:38 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Originally posted by JAKE02

Of course Russ, of course.....we all know that now you own an Acura, and their the best no matter what......right Russ?
To what I see here, you guys are making the Maxima look the best.

Old 09-02-2002 | 04:46 PM

There is going to be the 350Z motor in the maxima..Or so my nissan dealership says
Old 09-02-2002 | 04:48 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Russ,

STOP POSTING

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2002 | 04:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

To what I see here, you guys are making the Maxima look the best.

Come on, Russ, read all the posts before making a statement like that. A good portion of the people here have a dose of reality about the Maxima. You, however, are always right, just as you were right about the 3.0L V6 in the 2002 Altima! For those who weren't here back then, here's the thread: http://forums.maxima.org/newreply.ph...threadid=12667
Old 09-02-2002 | 04:52 PM

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE
Floridabornmax, not to beat a dead horse, but I have a homework assignment for you .

Stop by your local BMW dealership sometime and ask to sit inside a 330ci or 540i. Pay close attention to the fit and finish of the interior, i.e. comfort, quality and texture of materials, center console layout, ergonomics. Then go to a Nissan dealership and do the same thing with an '02/03 Maxima.

If your observations do not change your attitude about build quality, comeback here and tell us about it. Cool?
Haha, alright, but they will think im buying the beamer and I hate listening to them BS
Old 09-02-2002 | 04:54 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by SteVTEC
Russ,

STOP POSTING

Thanks!
Thanks DAD.
Old 09-02-2002 | 04:57 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Originally posted by Green 2kSE

Come on, Russ, read all the posts before making a statement like that. A good portion of the people here have a dose of reality about the Maxima. You, however, are always right, just as you were right about the 3.0L V6 in the 2002 Altima! For those who weren't here back then, here's the thread: http://forums.maxima.org/newreply.ph...threadid=12667
Don't try to stab that at me. Everyone else in there heard the same thign as well. It was announced a while back on altimas.net what it would get. Nissan changed it over. I did say it won't be the same hp as the Maxima and I was right. So big deal.

I was right about the 5th gen Maxima info, I was right about the new Sentra/SE-R. I had my sources which I no longer deal with since I don't run the site anymore.
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

TL has been around since 99 with 225hp.

It was already way ahead of the Maxima and they only do 5-6 year changes. 2004 it will again lead.

A 3500lb 99 3.2TL does not outperform a 3100lb 99 Maxima auto.
A 3500lb 00 3.2TL 5AT does not outperform a 3280lb 00 Maxima auto.

Ahead in horsepower, yes, but not in performance. Nissan doesn't need as much horsepower because their cars aren't heavy like the Acura's are.
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

So?

TQ only helps off the line, in any day driving on rolls, highway, its all about HP, and this car has plenty of TQ. Why have more TQ when you can't even put it to the ground without spinning?! :P
So when I pulled a car and a half on that CL-S I ran from 0-80 mph I suppose low-end power didn't matter then, either?

And when I catch you on the highway at a point where your tranny can't downshift and you're stuck at a lower RPM with a heavy car and you don't have much torque, torque won't matter then either, will it.

It's all about top-end horsepower in any sort of race, which explains why small cube, big horsepower, torqueless Honda's rule the dragstrips and big iron domestic muscle bows to them?

And I also suppose that ALL CL-S/TL-S cars will OWN GTP's because they only have 240 HP right?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:33 PM
RussMaxManiac

A 3500lb 99 3.2TL does not outperform a 3100lb 99 Maxima auto.
A 3500lb 00 3.2TL 5AT does not outperform a 3280lb 00 Maxima auto.

Ahead in horsepower, yes, but not in performance. Nissan doesn't need as much horsepower because their cars aren't heavy like the Acura's are.
Actually look at the specs of the TL 00. It does 15.3. I don't see any autos doing that stock for Maximas. lol
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:35 PM
RussMaxManiac

So when I pulled a car and a half on that CL-S I ran from 0-80 mph I suppose low-end power didn't matter then, either?

And when I catch you on the highway at a point where your tranny can't downshift and you're stuck at a lower RPM with a heavy car and you don't have much torque, torque won't matter then either, will it.

It's all about top-end horsepower in any sort of race, which explains why small cube, big horsepower, torqueless Honda's rule the dragstrips and big iron domestic muscle bows to them?

And I also suppose that ALL CL-S/TL-S cars will OWN GTP's because they only have 240 HP right?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght
Believe what you want. But everyone I talk to including others on this board said that CL or TL was not running you. There is no way in ehll you beat a TYPE-S that much.

I killed a GTP by 2 cars last night. So your saying you can kill GTPs in your 5spd nearly stock maxima? i don't think so.
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:44 PM

Wow my head hurts. Could the maxima and I35 be in the same class?
Old 09-02-2002 | 05:57 PM

Enough about the Acura TL/CL already. They're ugly and overpriced.

We should be talking about Nissan's newest asskicker, the 350Z.

It will own us all pretty soon.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:13 PM

Believe what you want. But everyone I talk to including others on this board said that CL or TL was not running you. There is no way in ehll you beat a TYPE-S that much.
sigh...

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...threadid=10555

To the disbelievers...(to those of you that understand simple physics at least )

Power at the Wheels

99 Max 5spd: 161 fwhp / (3030lb/2000) = 106.27 wHP/ton
01 CL-S 5AT: 198 fwhp / (3510lb/2000) = 112.82 wHP/ton <== ADVANTAGE

The Acura has the advantage at the top-end. This helps to explain its higher trap speeds in the quarter mile and higher top-speed than my 99 5spd (146 for the Acura vs around 137 for the Maxima).

However, TORQUE is what you need to accelerate and get you off of the line, especially from a low speed roll like this was of only 5-10 mph.

Torque at the Wheels

99 Max 5spd: 171 fwtq / (3030lb/2000) = 112.87 wTQ/ton <== ADVANTAGE
01 CL-S 5AT: 182 fwtq / (3510lb/2000) = 103.70 wTQ/ton

You guys only have 11 more lb-ft of torque at the wheels than me, but almost a 500 lb weight penalty because the Acura's are so heavy. That's like having THREE extra passengers and hardly any extra torque to make up for it. So I have the advantage in low to medium speed acceleration on a CL-S.

In addition to Nismo87SE's CarTest2000 sims, I followed up with some passing times and the street start data.

Street Start, 5-60 mph
99 Max 5spd: 6.61s <== ADVANTAGE
01 CL-S 5AT: 6.88s

Passing, 30-50 mph
99 Max 5spd: 2.56s <== ADVANTAGE
01 CL-S 5AT: 2.97s

Passing, 50-70mph
99 Max 5spd: 3.96s
01 CL-S 5AT: 3.23s <== ADVANTAGE

Passing, 70-90mph
99 Max 5spd: 5.33s <== ADVANTAGE
01 CL-S 5AT: 5.47s

My older, lighter, manual tranny equipped, but less powerful car has the advantage in 3 out of 4 of those races. All that horsepower doesn't mean as much when you have 500lb more weight and hardly any extra torque.
It's funny how when both Nismo87SE and I posted up this data, all the Acura guys got REAL quiet.

It's also funny how these people that agree with you that I didn't beat him by that much and that he wasn't running me (80 in a 40 zone mind you with him a half-car off of my rear bumper! ) are nowhere to be found.

Russ, you believe your CL-S is INVINCIBLE all because it can beat a lot of cars from 70-110 and because it can run good 1/4 mile times. That does not, however, guarantee that you will beat a dinky little 190 HP Maxima from 0-80, nor does it guarantee that you will beat me from 110 mph onwards.

Do I need to explain this further? It's really very simple.

I killed a GTP by 2 cars last night. So your saying you can kill GTPs in your 5spd nearly stock maxima? i don't think so.
I never said I could kill GTP's. I bet you ran him once again from 70-110 too, didn't you, where the GTP is weakest and where your car is the strongest. If you run GTP's from a dead stop you'll get your a$$ handed to you in a very big way if the driver is even remotely trying. 280 lb-ft of torque is going to rip a 3400lb car off the line a HELLUVA lot faster than 232 lb-ft will rip a 3500lb car off the line.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:14 PM

Geez, Russ just when it is appropriate you just happen to have raced a GTP last nite right? So you could add that to your "comeback" from a thread......how pathetic
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:31 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Mystical2k2SE
Enough about the Acura TL/CL already. They're ugly and overpriced.

We should be talking about Nissan's newest asskicker, the 350Z.

It will own us all pretty soon.
UGLY?! lol your driving one hell of a ugly vehicle to be saying that. lol
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:36 PM

IMHO, the Maxima is in the same class as the Diamante and Millenia. All three cars offer luxury without a luxury nameplate.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Geez, Russ just when it is appropriate you just happen to have raced a GTP last nite right? So you could add that to your "comeback" from a thread......how pathetic
Yes I so happen to run that, and a 99 GT again and a 5.0 GT. www.texasracingscene.com, www.acura-cl.com to see my posts.

Like I said, people know what my car can run including Max.org members in Austin, and San Antonio.

Steve can only talk **** behind the keyboard. No one saw him race the CL-S so no one can prove him wrong either. The 99 Maxima is the SLOWEST year of the Maxima made. Everyone will agree with that. That is a main REASON why Alot of people do not believe his story. Also until STEVE takes his 190HP 99 Maxima to the track and proves he can run better tahn a 15.5~ at 94+ mph, then we will see. Until then he has no say so. I don't want to see any calucations. It means jack to me till he takes his car to a actual track.

And Steve:

No we only ran off the line Steve. You even argued with Shing when Shing was right. You speak all this knowledge and it means JACK in a real race on the street. You find a MAXIMA modded that can beat me. I will wait. It can not have NOS or SC. I will be waiting for that one person to prove your point. Because I have yet to see it. You once said the ACCORD was best, etc etc. Once you owned the MAXIMA, now its the best. Your are a blinded fool.

EDIT :

Also, most likely that TYPE-S did not even know he was running you till you took off hard. Then he got on it late. Which means he would have to overcome your momentum to catch up. You won. All my races were already setup to go, and we knew we were running.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:39 PM

UGLY?! lol your driving one hell of a ugly vehicle to be saying that. lol
Yea Russ , didnt you own a "ugly" 2K1 Max? Bet you didnt think the 5th Gen Max was too ugly when one was parked in your drive......... actually come to think of it your 5th gen was ugly with that grill.....
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:41 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yea Russ , didnt you own a "ugly" 2K1 Max? Bet you didnt think the 5th Gen Max was too ugly when one was parked in your drive......... actually come to think of it your 5th gen was ugly with that grill.....
Actually I never liked the rear. I even said that in many of my talks. The rest of the car was sporty looking.

The acuras are pure gorgeous. You can not call them UGLY because you will be lieing.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE

Yes I so happen to run that, and a 99 GT again and a 5.0 GT. www.texasracingscene.com, www.acura-cl.com to see my posts.

Like I said, people know what my car can run including Max.org members in Austin, and San Antonio.

Steve can only talk **** behind the keyboard. No one saw him race the CL-S so no one can prove him wrong either. The 99 Maxima is the SLOWEST year of the Maxima made. Everyone will agree with that. That is a main REASON why Alot of people do not believe his story. Also until STEVE takes his 190HP 99 Maxima to the track and proves he can run better tahn a 15.5~ at 94+ mph, then we will see. Until then he has no say so. I don't want to see any calucations. It means jack to me till he takes his car to a actual track.

And Steve:

No we only ran off the line Steve. You even argued with Shing when Shing was right. You speak all this knowledge and it means JACK in a real race on the street. You find a MAXIMA modded that can beat me. I will wait. It can not have NOS or SC. I will be waiting for that one person to prove your point. Because I have yet to see it. You once said the ACCORD was best, etc etc. Once you owned the MAXIMA, now its the best. Your are a blinded fool.

Hell Russ look at you....say Steve only says the Maxima is best because he owns one now?? What a freaking joke....you use to blah blah blah over your max, and now everyone knows that ACURAS RULE.....because the almight Russ owns it.......you are not respected on this web page.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:47 PM

Actually I never liked the rear. I even said that in many of my talks. The rest of the car was sporty looking.

The acuras are pure gorgeous. You can not call them UGLY because you will be lieing.
Se Russ this is what everyone hates about your threads......NOBODY CAN HAVE AN OPINION BUT YOU....you cant tell me that I DONT THINK SOMETHING OR I WILL BE LIEING........GROW UP.......
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:48 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE

Hell Russ look at you....say Steve only says the Maxima is best because he owns one now?? What a freaking joke....you use to blah blah blah over your max, and now everyone knows that ACURAS RULE.....because the almight Russ owns it.......you are not respected on this web page.
Not respected by you maybe, but I am respected by a hell of alot of people.

Actually Steve to what I hear from others has lost alot of respect. But we won't go there.

I may not have respect for others, or they do for me, but hell, this is the freakin internet, do I give a ****? NO.

As again, like I said, he praised the Accord on this site, and the Accord site till he got the Max, now he disses it. And there are posts to prove it in the past.

So what if I own a CL-S. I paid for a nicer car that is a hell of alot better than my rattle box Maxima I had. It was well worth it just for the better service I get. Everyone who owns a Max gets in my car and loves it. They love it more than theres, must be a reason.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:49 PM
RussMaxManiac

Se Russ this is what everyone hates about your threads......NOBODY CAN HAVE AN OPINION BUT YOU....you cant tell me that I DONT THINK SOMETHING OR I WILL BE LIEING........GROW UP.......
Then you are a person who thinks most cars are ugly and the Pontiac AZTEC is gorgeous. LOL
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

No one saw him race the CL-S so no one can prove him wrong either. The 99 Maxima is the SLOWEST year of the Maxima made. Everyone will agree with that.

Then why call B.S. all the time I don't agree with the 99 statement though.

You speak all this knowledge and it means JACK in a real race on the street.

Then why can't you beleive the CL-S race?

Also, most likely that TYPE-S did not even know he was running you till you took off hard. Then he got on it late. Which means he would have to overcome your momentum to catch up.

You weren't there, you can't prove anything

I love this game
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:56 PM

Then you are a person who thinks most cars are ugly and the Pontiac AZTEC is gorgeous. LOL
As usual this post makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts. Yes, true....this is the internet but a person can still determine pesonality types.....and like i said im rather sure most people roll their eyes when you walk away.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:58 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

No one saw him race the CL-S so no one can prove him wrong either. The 99 Maxima is the SLOWEST year of the Maxima made. Everyone will agree with that.

Then why call B.S. all the time I don't agree with the 99 statement though.

You speak all this knowledge and it means JACK in a real race on the street.

Then why can't you beleive the CL-S race?

Also, most likely that TYPE-S did not even know he was running you till you took off hard. Then he got on it late. Which means he would have to overcome your momentum to catch up.

You weren't there, you can't prove anything

I love this game
1) Because he started to call BS on me.

2) Because he thinks all CL-Ss are slow to him, when most likely most are faster.

3) your right.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:59 PM

I own this thread.

All of your cars are slower than my se-r period. My classic se-r owns all of you, there is no denying it so just comply. The ess areee twentee dee eeee can nevAr lose, evAr. All your bases belong to me. Anyone that contests this shall be dealt with rather painfully but by him.
Old 09-02-2002 | 06:59 PM
RussMaxManiac

As usual this post makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts. Yes, true....this is the internet but a person can still determine pesonality types.....and like i said im rather sure most people roll their eyes when you walk away.

Jake, you do not know me. You are very much so still a newbie here. Alot of people have met me in person and treat me well and I go out of my way helping them all the time.

Please leave your comments aside since you have never met me. Been here since 1996, and I have alot of respect around here.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Steve can only talk **** behind the keyboard. No one saw him race the CL-S so no one can prove him wrong either.
Corrections, Russ.

First off I don't talk "****". I talk FACT and REALITY. I don't know what the hell you talk, but CONTRADICTION and HYPOCRITE strangely come to mind.

Secondly, when people call me on my "****", I walk the walk, too.

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...threadid=11652
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=142339

The 99 Maxima is the SLOWEST year of the Maxima made. Everyone will agree with that. That is a main REASON why Alot of people do not believe his story. Also until STEVE takes his 190HP 99 Maxima to the track and proves he can run better tahn a 15.5~ at 94+ mph, then we will see. Until then he has no say so. I don't want to see any calucations. It means jack to me till he takes his car to a actual track.
Okay Russ, let me explain a few things to you.

Let's say a CL-S runs a 15.2 @ 94mph
Now let's say a Max 5spd runs a 15.2 @ 90mph.

So what does this mean? Both cars cross the line at the EXACT same time, but the Acura is going 4 mph faster. Putting this race together in your head, one can figure out that the Acura was BEHIND FOR THE ENTIRE RACE and just managed to catchup and get EVEN right at the line.

0-80mph its owned, and the race never went up to 1/4 mile speed and distance. But he was starting to pull on me at the end, and if the race kept on going, he would have pulled on me hard in my 4th gear, meanwhile he'd still be hauling in 3rd gear.

He was BEHIND the whole race, but WOULD have caught up by the 1/4 mile and at a FASTER speed. That's what trap speeds mean, Russ.

If you run a very low ET but have a slow trap speed, that means all your acceleration is down low and that you aren't as fast from a roll or at higher speeds. Typical example is an american muscle car.

If you run slower ET's but have a fast trap speed, that implies that your car is a dog off the line but really hauls azz once it gets up to speed and moving.

And Steve:

No we only ran off the line Steve. You even argued with Shing when Shing was right. You speak all this knowledge and it means JACK in a real race on the street.
Yep, real-world physics and modelling puts satellites in precise orbits (+/- 1 METER!), lands people on the moon, and even lands probes on other planets, but surely real-world physics, dyno charts, and modelling software could not determine the outcome of a simple street race. That's just way too complex!!

You find a MAXIMA modded that can beat me. I will wait. It can not have NOS or SC. I will be waiting for that one person to prove your point. Because I have yet to see it.
There are plenty of Maxima's here that will hand you your a$$, Russ. Ever been in the 1/4 mile forum? What did you run in your CL-S? 15.3? Even YOU said that your Maxima was faster. 2k2 auto's are running high-14's and the 6spds are running low-14's. You are 0wn3d.

You once said the ACCORD was best, etc etc. Once you owned the MAXIMA, now its the best. Your are a blinded fool.
That's funny, because I never remember contradicting myself. I never said the AV6 was faster, merely that it had a better overall package and price. That's still true today, but Maxima's have always been faster. I decided that I needed a little more speed so now I have a Maxima. Go figure.

Please provide a link and quote of me saying that AV6's own Maxima's. That'd be pretty funny to see, because I never said it.

Also, most likely that TYPE-S did not even know he was running you till you took off hard. Then he got on it late. Which means he would have to overcome your momentum to catch up. You won. All my races were already setup to go, and we knew we were running.
I took off moderately hard. He took off moderately hard. We both looked over AT EACH OTHER and knew it was on. I nailed it and he nailed it at the same time. VQ torque owned him to 80 mph. Cracura Horsepower would have owned me by 95, but the race never went that far.

End of story
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:08 PM

Jake, you do not know me. You are very much so still a newbie here. Alot of people have met me in person and treat me well and I go out of my way helping them all the time.

Please leave your comments aside since you have never met me. Been here since 1996, and I have alot of respect around here.
LOL here you go again, with the newbie crap....please...one thread you say..this is the internet i dont care who respects me and suddenly this thread "ALOT OF PEOPLE RESPECT ME" yea right.......like i said before if you would just value everyone's right to have an opinion then maybe you wouldnt get so much heat.....but you choose not to, instead being childish in your remarks re acuras and nissans. what the hell you even on this page if you hate maxima's? I will tell you, you enjoy dissing other people's cars and OPINIONS. rolling my eyes as you walk away.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:13 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Per your comments below. Really? I get owned? Or any CL-S? CL-Ss run high 14s 90% of the time as well stock. I see alot of 2k2 autos hitting 15s mostly as well but some are in the 14s.

Has a Maxima hit 13.9 at 101 yet? A CL-S 6SPD DID.

"There are plenty of Maxima's here that will hand you your a$$, Russ. Ever been in the 1/4 mile forum? What did you run in your CL-S? 15.3? Even YOU said that your Maxima was faster. 2k2 auto's are running high-14's and the 6spds are running low-14's. You are 0wn3d"

Also, you are right, about the 0-80. For one, the CL-S probably already shifted to 2nd, and had to either shift back down to 1st if it was lucky to hit 1st again, if not, 2nd would be the gear and you would have pulled the distance you did. But on a roll if he was in 1st, he should have pulled away from you, even between 10-20 to 80.

Like I said, I have ran highly modified 4th gens, none have beat me.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:14 PM
RussMaxManiac

LOL here you go again, with the newbie crap....please...one thread you say..this is the internet i dont care who respects me and suddenly this thread "ALOT OF PEOPLE RESPECT ME" yea right.......like i said before if you would just value everyone's right to have an opinion then maybe you wouldnt get so much heat.....but you choose not to, instead being childish in your remarks re acuras and nissans. what the hell you even on this page if you hate maxima's? I will tell you, you enjoy dissing other people's cars and OPINIONS. rolling my eyes as you walk away.
I diss others when people diss me. Get it? Thanks, because if you look back, I was not the one who started to diss the car.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:19 PM

I diss others when people diss me. Get it? Thanks, because if you look back, I was not the one who started to diss the car.
Give it up and go to the Acura's web where people may actually put up with the garbage that comes out your yap. nough said.....im sick of dealing with you tonite. thank god this is only the internet.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE

Actually Steve to what I hear from others has lost alot of respect. But we won't go there.
Yeah I've lost a lot of respect on the Honda/Acura boards because the truth really does hurt sometimes

As again, like I said, he praised the Accord on this site, and the Accord site till he got the Max, now he disses it. And there are posts to prove it in the past.
Yeah, I praised the Accord in the past for being the best overall package and being a better value than a Maxima, although I RESPECTED that Maxima's were faster, but my modding goal was to make my AV6 as fast as a MAXIMA.

I found out over a year that there are a TON of obstacles to getting performance out of that car that NOBODY knew about before, but through efforts by myself and others on that site, people now know A LOT more about Accord V6 performance potential than they did in the past. And the sad truth is, the car requires that you throw a TON of money at it to make it fast, and does not respond well to mods at all.

Screw that. So then my car got totalled and I bought a Maxima, the car I should have bought to begin with. Now all I do is repeat what we've learned about that car over the past year or so, and I upset the people that thought the car had a lot more potential than it did but then at least they know the truth.

So what if I own a CL-S. I paid for a nicer car that is a hell of alot better than my rattle box Maxima I had. It was well worth it just for the better service I get. Everyone who owns a Max gets in my car and loves it. They love it more than theres, must be a reason.
Yeah, uh-huh

My 4th Gen Maxima has 58,000 miles and not a single rattle or squeak. My 2001 Accord V6 had more rattles at 5000 miles than my old 90 Camry did at 207,000 miles. And the #1 complaint of people at CL and TL.com (besides the tranny's), is the squeaky and noisey interiors.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:23 PM

hmmm...

maybe I can get the last post on this thread
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE

Weird, I have 0 rattles at 8500 miles. My maxima had them from the dealer. A guy I know named Jesse, his dad just bought a 2k3 Auto Max. It is already rattling 1 week old. LOL

Steve, also I meant the max.org world people are loosing respect for you. People are just sick of seeing your crap your typing up. I am serious. Especially after your arguement with Shing.

To bad I know the potential of the CL-S and you don't. I will just go on knowing that Maximas accept for 2k2+ will be seeing my tails really well.

Yeah I've lost a lot of respect on the Honda/Acura boards because the truth really does hurt sometimes

Yeah, I praised the Accord in the past for being the best overall package and being a better value than a Maxima, although I RESPECTED that Maxima's were faster, but my modding goal was to make my AV6 as fast as a MAXIMA.

I found out over a year that there are a TON of obstacles to getting performance out of that car that NOBODY knew about before, but through efforts by myself and others on that site, people now know A LOT more about Accord V6 performance potential than they did in the past. And the sad truth is, the car requires that you throw a TON of money at it to make it fast, and does not respond well to mods at all.

Screw that. So then my car got totalled and I bought a Maxima, the car I should have bought to begin with. Now all I do is repeat what we've learned about that car over the past year or so, and I upset the people that thought the car had a lot more potential than it did but then at least they know the truth.

Yeah, uh-huh

My 4th Gen Maxima has 58,000 miles and not a single rattle or squeak. My 2001 Accord V6 had more rattles at 5000 miles than my old 90 Camry did at 207,000 miles. And the #1 complaint of people at CL and TL.com (besides the tranny's), is the squeaky and noisey interiors.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

Also, you are right, about the 0-80. For one, the CL-S probably already shifted to 2nd, and had to either shift back down to 1st if it was lucky to hit 1st again, if not, 2nd would be the gear and you would have pulled the distance you did. But on a roll if he was in 1st, he should have pulled away from you, even between 10-20 to 80.
This is my favorite excuse of all of them!!

CL-S w/2nd gear start, 10-80 mph: 12.82s
Max 5spd w/1st start, 10-80 mph: 10.55s

I would have been over 2 SECONDS AHEAD and would have pulled over 10 CAR LENGTHS if he had REALLY been in 2nd gear from 10 mph. I'm "only" claiming 1.5 car-lenghts to 80 and you're getting all upset even when I ADMIT that he would have been even or even in front of me by the 1/4 mile most likely.

Geez Russ

Like I said, I have ran highly modified 4th gens, none have beat me.
Russ, highly modified 4th Gen's run low-14's, not low-15's like YOUR CL-S.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:30 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What class is the new fully loaded SE?

This is my favorite excuse of all of them!!

CL-S w/2nd gear start, 10-80 mph: 12.82s
Max 5spd w/1st start, 10-80 mph: 10.55s

I would have been over 2 SECONDS AHEAD and would have pulled over 10 CAR LENGTHS if he had REALLY been in 2nd gear from 10 mph. I'm "only" claiming 1.5 car-lenghts to 80 and you're getting all upset even when I ADMIT that he would have been even or even in front of me by the 1/4 mile most likely.

Geez Russ

Russ, highly modified 4th Gen's run low-14's, not low-15's like YOUR CL-S.
Umm no 4th gen will hit low 14s without NOS or sc.
Old 09-02-2002 | 07:30 PM

Russ you just don't want me to have the last post will ya?

Quick Reply: What class is the new fully loaded SE?