5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

my max is too happy to see me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 06:53 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

my max is too happy to see me...

like a puppy, its making little puddles now when I come back. Its on the driver side, so... thats tranny juice. Great. (its not enough to tell the color. But I reached up and wiped the pan, and got that cherry cola gunk on the paper towel).

DOH! this sucks. Thankfully its happening now, not last week when I was 400 miles from home.

Now, I have like 4 things to go back for.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: my max is too happy to see me...

Originally posted by TimW
like a puppy, its making little puddles now when I come back. Its on the driver side, so... thats tranny juice. Great. (its not enough to tell the color. But I reached up and wiped the pan, and got that cherry cola gunk on the paper towel).

DOH! this sucks. Thankfully its happening now, not last week when I was 400 miles from home.

Now, I have like 4 things to go back for.
Are you auto? Or 5 spd?
Old 09-07-2002, 07:56 PM

Otto...
Old 09-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Kal

Otto...

DOOOOOOOOH
Old 09-07-2002, 09:38 PM

hey kal, threw in the XM today. OMG, I never have to listen to these uber-crappy local stations again. My new office location is about 15 more mins from my house. I decided the only way I could keep my sanity is to unplug my antenna or get XM. I put it under the rear glass. So far it works great around town. (we have terrestial repeaters here, sounds gooooood)

Oh, yeah.. wish I had an I30 right about now. I have to take this up to Conway. Its worth the drive. They actually listen to me there. amazing. Jones Nissan told me I was abusing my AC clutch, hence the noise. WTH do you abuse your ac? at least they fired that guy last time I was there. The stuff you dont have to deal with....
Old 09-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Kal

hey kal, threw in the XM today. OMG, I never have to listen to these uber-crappy local stations again. My new office location is about 15 more mins from my house. I decided the only way I could keep my sanity is to unplug my antenna or get XM. I put it under the rear glass. So far it works great around town. (we have terrestial repeaters here, sounds gooooood)

Oh, yeah.. wish I had an I30 right about now. I have to take this up to Conway. Its worth the drive. They actually listen to me there. amazing. Jones Nissan told me I was abusing my AC clutch, hence the noise. WTH do you abuse your ac? at least they fired that guy last time I was there. The stuff you dont have to deal with....
hey tim, glad to see your loving the xm. i sometimes like the local stations. 107.7 is good in the morning. hows the rest of the car computer coming along. i've seen a couple cars with the xm and was like god i dont want a huge antanna like that on top of my car. sound ideas has a sound contests in cabot today. the only reason i know is because i was washing my car at the carwash next to it. sorry to hear bout your ac, i dont see how u can abuse it except for using it. ive been busy with school and the motel so thats y i wanted replied to u. im takin my car into the dealer cause my rear deck rattles and so they ordered me a new sub and its in. am i crazy for going in as soon as they open just so i can have a g35 for a day? nah i think not. its a great car. on mondays and wednesdays i have a break between 11 till 1:30. i'll get your location later this week. bye take care
have a good night
-Kal
Old 09-08-2002, 07:35 PM

Oh, yeah.. wish I had an I30 right about now. I have to take this up to Conway. Its worth the drive. They actually listen to me there. amazing. Jones Nissan told me I was abusing my AC clutch, hence the noise.
Jones Nissan...harruummph! [In need of smiley face with tongue wagging in the wind]

Buzz
Old 09-08-2002, 08:10 PM
Kal

Originally posted by Nick Exxon

Jones Nissan...harruummph! [In need of smiley face with tongue wagging in the wind]

Buzz

Parkway Infiniti for meeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by kalbundy

Parkway Infiniti for meeeeeeeeeeeee.
Yeah, I want to be an Infiniti when I grow up.

Buzz
Old 09-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Tim...

Can you give me some details on the XM radio equiment your running.

I've decided to add it, but I'm a noob when it comes to the equipment specs..

The receiver/controller has to work with my stock deck, so that pretty much limits me to a FM modulator, right?

Thanks.

BTW, sorry to hear about your puppy, err... I mean Max.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:32 PM

I got the Pioneer 903. It comes with FM moduation, but you can easily add the $35 IP-bus cable for RCA. I'm doing FM now and it sounds great, but I do plan on putting in the RCA. I will be doing the OEM changer cable hack for getting RCA into my Bose deck (tho it works for non-bose too).

I got the Terk SR2 antenna, its working great under the glass on the rear deck. Glass doesnt degrade XM. its on the side with less defroster wires.

It does need to be on metal. So, I am cutting a small piece of thin metal (will overlap about an inch on each side, hardly noticeable). The SR2 is also paintable, and I will be painting it to match the frost interior. Schweet.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

I got the Pioneer 903. It comes with FM moduation, but you can easily add the $35 IP-bus cable for RCA. I'm doing FM now and it sounds great, but I do plan on putting in the RCA. I will be doing the OEM changer cable hack for getting RCA into my Bose deck (tho it works for non-bose too).

I got the Terk SR2 antenna, its working great under the glass on the rear deck. Glass doesnt degrade XM. its on the side with less defroster wires.

It does need to be on metal. So, I am cutting a small piece of thin metal (will overlap about an inch on each side, hardly noticeable). The SR2 is also paintable, and I will be painting it to match the frost interior. Schweet.
Write-Up? Especially, the "OEM changer cable hack ".

All of that sounds great, just show me the way!
Old 09-09-2002, 07:02 PM

sure will. honestly, its almost too easy for a write up. For FM, there are 2 diversity antenna adaptors, $10 each at Circuit City or like $4 online. Then I tapped the 12V constant and 12V switched at the amp (wow, I'm *really* that lazy )

But, yeah.. that cable hack is interesting. Making it switchable is the obstacle. Looking for a nice, small, attractive source switcher. All the ones I have found are large and 'radio shack'y - not something at home in the interior of my max.