5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

So I'm doing a little project & need to take the spoiler off....open the trunk & see 3 nuts only need to come off no big deal...so I unscrew the bolts & the spoiler still wouldnt move....as I pull up on it I notice that its glued down? Is anybody elses spoiler glued down on the trunk? Is there more bolts then 3?(was yours Emax when you took it off to put on the apc spoiler?) I can take this spoiler off & its pi$$ing me off....Can anybody answer these question or give me suggestions.....
Old 10-02-2002, 07:43 PM

Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
So I'm doing a little project & need to take the spoiler off....open the trunk & see 3 nuts only need to come off no big deal...so I unscrew the bolts & the spoiler still wouldnt move....as I pull up on it I notice that its glued down? Is anybody elses spoiler glued down on the trunk? Is there more bolts then 3?(was yours Emax when you took it off to put on the apc spoiler?) I can take this spoiler off & its pi$$ing me off....Can anybody answer these question or give me suggestions.....

Un-plug the LED wire and remove the 3 nuts. Then you have to heat the double sided 3M tape up(you called it glue). Over all it takes a lot of force to remove the thing, you NEED to heat the tape up good to get it to budge at all. Have fun.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:04 PM

Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Originally posted by emax95

Un-plug the LED wire and remove the 3 nuts. Then you have to heat the double sided 3M tape up(you called it glue). Over all it takes a lot of force to remove the thing, you NEED to heat the tape up good to get it to budge at all. Have fun.
thanks...looked like goop or silcone to me

p.s. -- my project involves putting a clear brake light bar (that will light up red still)...will keep all ya posted
Old 10-02-2002, 10:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

thanks...looked like goop or silcone to me

p.s. -- my project involves putting a clear brake light bar (that will light up red still)...will keep all ya posted
You know I just rememebered that the stuff is glue.. Sorry, what I said still holds true though. BTW I am pretty sure you can remove the LED light without removing the whole spoiler. You just need an "L" shaped screw driver.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:05 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Originally posted by emax95

You know I just rememebered that the stuff is glue.. Sorry, what I said still holds true though. BTW I am pretty sure you can remove the LED light without removing the whole spoiler. You just need an "L" shaped screw driver.
cool...yeah i did get the stock LED light out w/o removing the spoiler but the clear LED bar i bought the holes dont align...so I have to drill new holes & that involves removing the spolier...thanks for the info
Old 10-03-2002, 02:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

cool...yeah i did get the stock LED light out w/o removing the spoiler but the clear LED bar i bought the holes dont align...so I have to drill new holes & that involves removing the spolier...thanks for the info
Pics pics pics when done!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

with the clear, is it just a clear plastic cover or does it replace the red led's with white/clear led's?
Old 10-03-2002, 04:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

Pics pics pics when done!!!
I will...I'll see if I can borrow my cousin's digi cam to do a how-to b/c the last digi cam I bought broke

for those interested I bought my clear LED bar @ http://www.electrodyne.cc ... LINK
you have to shave the middle 2 tabs w/ a dremel which is easy to do if you have a dremel (i use a rotozip)
Old 10-03-2002, 04:24 PM

Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Weird ... I have five bolts that hold the spoiler on.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:19 PM
lcf

dayam... your car is really coming along.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:06 AM

Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

Originally posted by kirzan

Weird ... I have five bolts that hold the spoiler on.
5 I have an '01 & it only has 3 holding it down

Originally posted by lcf
dayam... your car is really coming along.

fo' sho.....so when u coming up to a midwest meet? we got one next sat. u should try to make it if you can.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attn: Emax or Anyone who's familar w/ the trunk Mounted Spoiler........

for those interested I bought my clear LED bar @ http://www.electrodyne.cc ... LINK
you have to shave the middle 2 tabs w/ a dremel which is easy to do if you have a dremel (i use a rotozip)
holy $hit 35 led's in the piece, that is going to be really bright, and thats going to look really nice on a white car too