5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I got Pilot A/S for $176 at Sears

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 02:30 PM
whitam

I got Pilot A/S for $176 at Sears

Here's some advice for getting a good tire deal at Sears. Just got the Pilot A/S 235/50/17's for $176 a piece, not including the $2.50 ea/stems, $13.99 ea/rotation, and $2.00 ea/disposal (no road hazard). Go to Sears when tires are on sale, typically 10% off every tire happens frequently. Have the service advisor quote you a set of tires and save in your name on their computer, I think they call this a reservation. It usually expires in 2-3 weeks. Keep checking back with Sears, and if tire prices drop, have them re-quote and save with new pricing. Then, wait for a "10% off everything, including sale prices if you use your Sears card" type of special, and apply this to the reservation you have already saved. It works. My quotes for the Pilots started at $209, then went down to $196 when a better sale was going on, then the 10% off everything hit, and they honored it. If your quote is close to expiring, call them and ask to extend the date and they will do it. Got everything for $778 + tax! Oh, and they threw in the chrome stems for price of the rubber stems! You may do the "I'm not worthy" dance at any time...

One other thing, if you open a Sears charge that day, you get 90-days SAC also. And, Sears will match other tire store pricing. For example, Walmart had the Pilots for $210, plus $10 per tire for everything else (including road hazard), total before tax was $880, which Sears would have honored if I had wanted them to...

Old 10-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Cha Ching Cha Ching....

Man I think your a cheaper f*ck than I am, but NICE JOB anyways!

I'll keep that trick in mind. Thanks.

BTW, did they do a good job and not scratch anything?
Old 10-04-2002, 03:33 PM

Re: I got Pilot A/S for $176 at Sears

Ok, so $176 + 2.50 + 13.99 + 2.00? Each? So 194.49 each + tax?

Originally posted by whitam
Here's some advice for getting a good tire deal at Sears. Just got the Pilot A/S 235/50/17's for $176 a piece, not including the $2.50 ea/stems, $13.99 ea/rotation, and $2.00 ea/disposal (no road hazard). Go to Sears when tires are on sale, typically 10% off every tire happens frequently. Have the service advisor quote you a set of tires and save in your name on their computer, I think they call this a reservation. It usually expires in 2-3 weeks. Keep checking back with Sears, and if tire prices drop, have them re-quote and save with new pricing. Then, wait for a "10% off everything, including sale prices if you use your Sears card" type of special, and apply this to the reservation you have already saved. It works. My quotes for the Pilots started at $209, then went down to $196 when a better sale was going on, then the 10% off everything hit, and they honored it. If your quote is close to expiring, call them and ask to extend the date and they will do it. Got everything for $778 + tax! Oh, and they threw in the chrome stems for price of the rubber stems! You may do the "I'm not worthy" dance at any time...

One other thing, if you open a Sears charge that day, you get 90-days SAC also. And, Sears will match other tire store pricing. For example, Walmart had the Pilots for $210, plus $10 per tire for everything else (including road hazard), total before tax was $880, which Sears would have honored if I had wanted them to...
Old 10-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Cha Ching Cha Ching....

Originally posted by IceY2K1

BTW, did they do a good job and not scratch anything?
Isn't it sad that you can go somewhere and spend close to a grand, and still have to worry about something getting messed up. You really con't get away with having something nice and not have something happen to it!
Old 10-04-2002, 04:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

but my powers of deduction tell me that this only works if you use a sears charge since they're giving you that extra 10% off, right? May not be a bad idea to get one just for that. hmm.......
Old 10-04-2002, 07:05 PM

I would highly recomend getting the road hazard...My girlfriend bought tires from sears and she was driving down 90 in NY and hit something in the road and blew the left front and rear...had the car towed to Sears that day and the next morning they replaced them no questions asked for free... Its only a few more dollars now that will come in handy later. Plus tires are the most important thing on your car so you dont want to go cheap on them...
Old 10-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: I got Pilot A/S for $176 at Sears

You got a better price at Sears than I did! Congrats. I should have thought about the charge card option. They installed them one week after I ordered them. I paid $1,000 and change including road hazard. They make you wanted to speed, don't they?
y

Originally posted by whitam

Old 10-05-2002, 06:27 AM
whitam

Re: Re: I got Pilot A/S for $176 at Sears

Originally posted by jjames
Ok, so $176 + 2.50 + 13.99 + 2.00? Each? So 194.49 each + tax?

You got it!

Old 10-05-2002, 06:30 AM
whitam

Originally posted by Eenis
but my powers of deduction tell me that this only works if you use a sears charge since they're giving you that extra 10% off, right? May not be a bad idea to get one just for that. hmm.......
You're right, gotta use a Sears card...I got one at the time and also got 90-days SAC, I'll just cancel it eventually...

Old 10-05-2002, 06:33 AM
whitam

Re: Re: Cha Ching Cha Ching....

Originally posted by maxman00

Isn't it sad that you can go somewhere and spend close to a grand, and still have to worry about something getting messed up. You really con't get away with having something nice and not have something happen to it!
To be honest, the car is too !@#$ dirty for me to tell. I'll check it out and respond if I find anything bad...