5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New 2003 SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 04:52 PM

New 2003 SE

Well, after driving my black 1989 SE 5spd since new, I finally decided to replace it. Through the years, I did modify my 89 SE. Mods include: Red painted calipers with white "NISSAN" lettering, Eibach sport springs, Tokico sport struts/shocks, Borbet 17" wheels with Yokohama 215/45zr17 AVS Intermediates, Greddy Exhaust, and the Stillen cold air package.

I just got my 2003 Sheer Silver SE with the Titanium pkg. I did opt for the automatic trans this time as I am a Realtor and shifting gets to be a nuisance. However, I plan on modifying the car to give a more personal touch. I do like the polished wheels that come with the Titanium pkg, so I will keep them for now. I would like to do exhaust, strut braces, cold air, springs, and whatever else I feel it needs. I have found a couple places that sell clear corner lenses. I would like to get these just because I think they would look great with the Sheer Silver. I guess the first thing I would like to ask is this...has anyone installed these lenses and will they get water inside them (annoying). They are my first thing to do, as I hate the orange lenses on the car now. And also, what did you use to make the rear bulbs light up red? As I am new to this board, I will take any suggestions on where to buy parts for my Max.

Thanks in advance
RichK
Old 10-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Re: New 2003 SE

Originally posted by RichK
Well, after driving my black 1989 SE 5spd since new, I finally decided to replace it. Through the years, I did modify my 89 SE. Mods include: Red painted calipers with white "NISSAN" lettering, Eibach sport springs, Tokico sport struts/shocks, Borbet 17" wheels with Yokohama 215/45zr17 AVS Intermediates, Greddy Exhaust, and the Stillen cold air package.

I just got my 2003 Sheer Silver SE with the Titanium pkg. I did opt for the automatic trans this time as I am a Realtor and shifting gets to be a nuisance. However, I plan on modifying the car to give a more personal touch. I do like the polished wheels that come with the Titanium pkg, so I will keep them for now. I would like to do exhaust, strut braces, cold air, springs, and whatever else I feel it needs. I have found a couple places that sell clear corner lenses. I would like to get these just because I think they would look great with the Sheer Silver. I guess the first thing I would like to ask is this...has anyone installed these lenses and will they get water inside them (annoying). They are my first thing to do, as I hate the orange lenses on the car now. And also, what did you use to make the rear bulbs light up red? As I am new to this board, I will take any suggestions on where to buy parts for my Max.

Thanks in advance
RichK

A search will turn up a lot of infor on corners. But, smear some clear silicone around the edge where the lens and the backing meet.

I should be getting my corners in a couple days...that's what I will do. I also ordered some red Polarg bulbs for the rear. From what
I've heard, they will look a bit pink, but not too bad.

Congrats on the 03!!
Old 10-06-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: New 2003 SE

Originally posted by RichK

Thanks in advance
RichK
clear corners are easy to install. just be sure to put clear silicone around the lenses before installing. the fronts come w/ amber bulbs which can be used. you can buy some red bulbs or leds for the back 194/168 size. try custommaxima.com and courtesynissan.com to start. good luck. congrats on your purchase. welcome to the org.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Banned

Congratulations on your 03!
Old 10-06-2002, 06:32 PM
Old Timer

Try this.

http://boostedmaximas.com/howto/clearinst.html
Old 10-06-2002, 09:48 PM

Clear corners and lights to go with them

I got my clear corner lenses from Courtesy Nissan:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/

I picked up some red blubs for the back corners, but they were always too pink, so I got some red LED blubs from Midnight Moose. These look a proper deep red.

http://www.midnightmoose.com/194led.htm