5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have problems with timing mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 08:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anyone have problems with timing mod?

Hey guys

I've read about the timing advance mod a while ago and remember a few threads with people complaining that a little after they had problems with the car bogging, being under-powered, and such. I am curious if you guys have had a chance to work things out and tell if it really was from the timing mod or something else.

I live in the sw burbs of Chicago (Naperville). Where would you suggest I go if I do get this mod done. What's the setting that the timing should be changed to safely. I run 93 in the car at all times.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2002, 12:40 PM

Re: Anyone have problems with timing mod?

Originally posted by Mystic_Lover
Hey guys

I've read about the timing advance mod a while ago and remember a few threads with people complaining that a little after they had problems with the car bogging, being under-powered, and such. I am curious if you guys have had a chance to work things out and tell if it really was from the timing mod or something else.

I live in the sw burbs of Chicago (Naperville). Where would you suggest I go if I do get this mod done. What's the setting that the timing should be changed to safely. I run 93 in the car at all times.

Thanks
Check my recent replys to the recent ECU trouble thread.
No problemo