5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Wow! Surprised me Today what Nissan did!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:24 AM

Wow! Surprised me Today what Nissan did!

After my auto tranny blew at 40k, I was kind of ****ed of this stupid Tranny (had TSB done twice prior to this). So, I didn't even bother to take off all my mods I have done so far (see sig below).

So, I just went straight to the dealer and told them that my auto tranny died. After couple hours of checking (actually probably talking to Nissan about doing warranty work). They told me that Nissan will replace it under warranty .

I was kind of shocked, since I thought with all the mods I have on my car, they will simply tell me to get out of there. Anyhow, they will only repalce it with Nissan specified rebuilt tranny. And I have heard rebuilt auto tranny usually don't last too long. Is this true? If it is, I am thinking trading it in before the tranny goes bad again. Since I am almost out of powertrain warranty.

Thanks for any feebacks.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:19 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

they usually do take care of it the first time. just be sure to check your invoice (although you wont owe anything). Often they make notes on there about your mods..

Then again, some dealers just dont care about mods that much. But those are few.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:42 AM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Re: Wow! Surprised me Today what Nissan did!

Originally posted by MaxTuner
After my auto tranny blew at 40k, I was kind of ****ed of this stupid Tranny (had TSB done twice prior to this). So, I didn't even bother to take off all my mods I have done so far (see sig below).

So, I just went straight to the dealer and told them that my auto tranny died. After couple hours of checking (actually probably talking to Nissan about doing warranty work). They told me that Nissan will replace it under warranty .

I was kind of shocked, since I thought with all the mods I have on my car, they will simply tell me to get out of there. Anyhow, they will only repalce it with Nissan specified rebuilt tranny. And I have heard rebuilt auto tranny usually don't last too long. Is this true? If it is, I am thinking trading it in before the tranny goes bad again. Since I am almost out of powertrain warranty.

Thanks for any feebacks.
Now if they were only like this for the Clarion HU that we know are terrible and for the excessive paint chips in the front.

Old 10-19-2002, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by TimW
they usually do take care of it the first time. just be sure to check your invoice (although you wont owe anything). Often they make notes on there about your mods..

Then again, some dealers just dont care about mods that much. But those are few.
Yeah, they do, they make notes of everything on the car. But if they are willing to fix it, I dont' mind if they keep that record. But tranny failure is a major mechanical breakdown, bolt-on parts (I/E)shouldn't have anything to do with it. Funny thing is that a service guy told me that Nissan builts one of the best tranny among other car companies

But my question still remain that how long will rebuilt auto tranny last from Nissan?

thx
Old 10-19-2002, 05:10 PM

12K & 1 year warranty

Originally posted by MaxTuner

Yeah, they do, they make notes of everything on the car. But if they are willing to fix it, I dont' mind if they keep that record. But tranny failure is a major mechanical breakdown, bolt-on parts (I/E)shouldn't have anything to do with it. Funny thing is that a service guy told me that Nissan builts one of the best tranny among other car companies

But my question still remain that how long will rebuilt auto tranny last from Nissan?

thx
is generally what a tranny shop would offer. I wouldn't be to worried about having a rebuilt one. I had on a 89 Taurus and it lasted over 30K until I sold it.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:05 PM

Re: 12K & 1 year warranty

Originally posted by Blackgums100

is generally what a tranny shop would offer. I wouldn't be to worried about having a rebuilt one. I had on a 89 Taurus and it lasted over 30K until I sold it.
Yeah, I also have had good experiences with rebuilt trannys. They're almost as good as a new one.