5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

A good experience with Nissan dealership/service

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 08:19 AM
Very sound, Mike

A good experience with Nissan dealership/service

Okay, with all this talk on how s*cky Nissan service and dealerships are i think it's about time i share my positive experience with them.

Mossy Nissan in Houston is perhaps one of the best service/dealership centers i've been to. Why? Read on.

Service:
- Bennie (my service advisor) always greets me with a smile and a firm handshake. Talks to me like i'm a human being and is always willing to go the extra mile. And each time i just decide to wait out my service he goes into his secret stash of good automobile magazines to loan out to me (e.g. his own personal subscription). He treats each and every customer of his like a friend (and i've noticed this even with other people who comes up to him)

- The rest of the SA's are just as nice and good. They look at you, smile and greet you a good day. Ask if you can be helped and if you already don't have a personal SA they take care of you.

- The only incident i've had as far as negativity goes is when they accidentally left out my air filter. Upon finding out i told Bennie, he apologized and everything was made right. Additionally, the technician who handled my vehicle personally came to me with newly washed hands and shaked my hands sincerely asking for an apology and explained why he failed to put the air filter back in. I also got a free carwash that day. It was an honest mistake made right.

- Speaking of carwash, if they see you car is extremely dirty they won't hesitate to give your car a wash gratis.

- Yes they do put plastic on the entire seat and paper mats on the floor before the technician brings your car out back.

- There's no free food in the customer lounge but at least there's coffee, tv, magazines and a bunch of vending machines on the 2nd floor where you can get food at decent prices.

- The cashier and parts people are just as friendly and respectful.

- Shuttle service is available to/from anywhere in the metropolitan Houston area for anyone who drops their car off be-it a 30 minute or 30 hour job.

- Coupons. Yes, the coupons found on Nissan's website are welcomed at Mossy Nissan. Including a free loaner car coupon for when your car needs to be worked on overnight.

- Recalls are done without hassles and i can call him up for service even before i get the notice from Nissan NA. Additionally he explains to me what's to be done and why.

- Mods, he's not against it and he assures me that they do just follow the law - that is, if the part in question is not the cause of an aftermarket mod then they'll replace it under warranty.

Dealership/Sales:
- My salesman is Shannon, when i first came in i had this "here goes another salespitch" feeling coming on. But as i stayed longer and talked things over i noticed he runs things differently. Must i say this? He's a very straightforward and honest man - especially for a car salesman. There's still that obligatory "need to talk to my manager" process which takes 10 minutes or so of your time but if you tell him what you want and how much you want it for you get it without further hassles.

- Quarterly newsletters are also sent out with updates on happenings at Nissan and his own family (he just had a girl btw). And every occassion he gets you can expect to see a "Happy Birthday!" or "Merry Christmas" card in the mail with his real handwriting on it.

- Last time he sent out a newsletter it came with a 20% Corporate discount card for Mister Carwash. Though i'm sure that card was provided by MC themselves it's the thought that counts and 20% is 20%.

There's a lot more good experiences with the people at Mossy that i might end up writing a novel sized review for them. But this should give you an idea of what i personally have gone through with them and proof that not every Nissan Service/Dealer center s*cks.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Maxima Pilot

Ditto here at Beaverton Nissan...first-rate

service every time -which has only been twice..the transverse link recall (where they also did my front brakes by me just mentioning the slight pulsation was beginning) and the second my timing advance...
Old 10-28-2002, 08:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: A good experience with Nissan dealership/service

Originally posted by soundmike
Okay, with all this talk on how s*cky Nissan service and dealerships are i think it's about time i share my positive experience with them.

Mossy Nissan in Houston is perhaps one of the best service/dealership centers i've been to. Why? Read on.

I've had the same type of experience with Baker-Jackson Nissan in Houston. Although they haven't yet come through with the auto mags while I wait , Keith the service adviser is great to work with, Perry the service manager took a ride with me personally when I had concerns about my car (turned out to be nothing), and Doug my sales guy has been beyond belief (I mentioned him in a previous thread). Two actual good dealerships in the same city - wow
Old 10-28-2002, 09:27 AM

Since we are on our 5th Nissan we have had our share of experiences with Nissan dealerships in Houston. Mossy is good but not faultless. They charged my wife for a tire rotation and balance that they clearly hadn't performed (I had the tires marked). Baker Jackson is ok too but watch out for the high pressure salespeople. Whatever you do, don't go to Tom Peacock or Sterling McCall Nissan (formerly Lone Star Nissan). Tom Peacock damaged the bed of my new truck when they tightened some screws; they literally poked through the bed and did a crappy job fixing it (sand in the paint)! Lone Star Nissan has been the subject of numerous lawsuits and has consistently ranked near the very bottom on customer satisfaction surveys. Back in 1995 they literally kept us till 11pm on a Saturday night, pulling all the tricks of the trade (lost keys, bait and switch, etc) trying to sell us a truck! I have little experience with McDavid Nissan except for some test drives. If you are willing to drive a little, Robbins Nissan in Humble has a good reputation.