5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

brand new in box plasma headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 05:26 PM
urspeedracer

brand new in box plasma headlamps

These are brand new in their box, never opened plasma headlamps for '02-'03 Maximas. I bought these for my girlfriend, but she doesn't like the plasma look Women.....unbelievable. Anyway i paid about 1350.00 for these, but i have them laying around with no use to me. Any reasonable offers? Tri-state area preferred. Will deliver for the right price.

Old 10-30-2002, 06:59 PM

Re: brand new in box plasma headlamps

Originally posted by urspeedracer
These are brand new in their box, never opened plasma headlamps for '02-'03 Maximas. I bought these for my girlfriend, but she doesn't like the plasma look Women.....unbelievable. Anyway i paid about 1350.00 for these, but i have them laying around with no use to me. Any reasonable offers? Tri-state area preferred. Will deliver for the right price.
any pics? Oh YEAH...RECEIPT?! Since you are new here and have the HIDs, I think we all deserve to know the TRUTH from where you got it. Also, you are in the NYC region..interesting.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:57 PM

Are you thinking what I am thinking??
Old 10-30-2002, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by nismotech
Are you thinking what I am thinking??
if it deals with trees, lemon juice, and rabbits...YES

So until you post pics, I think whoever knows how to do an IP Trace, trace him! We will all show up at his home with baseball bats...to play a game of baseball of course.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:18 PM
urspeedracer

The only reason why i signed up to this site was to get rid of these, that's why i'm a newbe...it's not because i like these cars. Is this how you guys treat all new comers just because they have HIDS? I have all the docs, but i didn't think something like this would be a big deal, or that you guys would be so immature to think of resorting to violence just because someone offers something exspensive. Just because you guys can't afford them, doesn't mean every tom **** and harry is going out to steal these. Grow up.

Old 10-31-2002, 04:50 PM

The only reason why i signed up to this site was to get rid of these, that's why i'm a newbe...it's not because i like these cars. Is this how you guys treat all new comers just because they have HIDS? I have all the docs, but i didn't think something like this would be a big deal, or that you guys would be so immature to think of resorting to violence just because someone offers something exspensive. Just because you guys can't afford them, doesn't mean every tom **** and harry is going out to steal these. Grow up.
Don't mind them...they are just a little apprehensive because of all the theft going on concerning these HIDs.

I'm sure if they are truly boxed factory set with all the docs and no evidence of it being installed before...someone will ****** it up if the price is right.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Speedracer..since you've read the posts then you should understand that many ny org members and other poor souls (i.e. my cousin) have had their HID stolens. Before anyone can/will buy any HID we want to make sure we are not supporting thefts. So, as immature as you think it may sound if no one is buying stolen HID then the market is that much less attractive for anyone stealing them. The point here is: anyone can sign up to become an org member and we like that, however, when you signup and your first posts are "HID For Sale" you do raised eyebrows. Another point: Since you are in the 5th gen columns whether we can afford them or not is a non-issue since the cars are worth well over 20K. Question is do we find them necessary investments and the answer to that is .. its all relative to price. Do you feel me? Now, how about you be a nice boy and post pics of the HID's in their box. I think we will like you if they are not stolen and offer a good deal, you might even make new friends. Oh, dont forget to post pics of your GF too. Might be a toss up . Just kdn!
Old 10-31-2002, 05:36 PM

Re: brand new in box plasma headlamps

Please try to be understanding of people being apprehensive about this. When I go into NYC, I am really careful now where I park my car. Apparently, it is THAT bad of a problem. Now, with that being said, if you doubt my words or those of the other .org members, do your homework (i.e. search), and see first hand, how bad the problem is. If you really got a sense for how big of an issue stolen HID's is, and you're legit, you would probably come in here brandishing documentation and pics. Good luck. If they are legitimately obtained, and the price is right, as someone else said, you'd have no problem selling them. Regards.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:37 PM

um, i was kidding about the violence..can't see that?

and I am still not sorry about what I said, there have been many thefts of these HIDs, you are even in the hot spot area. It's also your first post so it kind of raises a question..stolen or not.

Also, my financial status on buying the HIDs has nothing to do with it. Look at my user name..it will tell you what year Maxima I have and what trim.

-Later
Old 10-31-2002, 07:55 PM

Okay. You dont like the cars, but you buy a $1350 set of headlamps for a girlfriend who doesnt want them (How stupid was that? probably another whole topic....). To get rid of them, you pop into a forum that is sick and tired of getting their headlights stolen, and attempt to offer for sale the most popular theft item that exists on a Maxima. Nevermind that you offer them in the wrong forum.... instead of posting pics of the lights in factory boxes with a copy of the receipts, you proceed to insult the very same people that you had hoped would buy your lights (how stupid is that? .... probably another whole topic....)
Old 10-31-2002, 08:16 PM

Well, whether or not the HIDs were stolen, I think you guys done run him off. If he was legit, it was a downright shame. If not, baseball season is over, what do you do with a bat in the winter?
Old 10-31-2002, 08:18 PM

Post receipt and Picture then we will go from there.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Scrimbo

Well, whether or not the HIDs were stolen, I think you guys done run him off. If he was legit, it was a downright shame. If not, baseball season is over, what do you do with a bat in the winter?
so you play sports if they are in the season? you have never played hockey in the summer? or basketball?

Also, if he paid 1350 for it, he got ripped off, If he bought them from a store he cant probably return them if he had a receipt. I doubt he would sell them to lose money.

Also, what girl would say no to a $1350 gift?