5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Not Good

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 11:45 AM

Article of whay a crazy max driver can do

Look at this article
that driver killed my cousins friend
\http://www.newsday.com/news/printedi...nynews%2Dprint
people have to be more carefull
and watch out for kids..
sniff
Old 11-17-2002, 11:54 AM

Hello,

Oh man, that is sad news. Don't know what else to say.

I hope they catch this POS and put him away for a long time including life time driver's license suspension... My guess is 5-10 years suspension or by the time he gets out of jail. Eitherway this sucks, I hope he's poor and can't afford insurance ever again.

James
Old 11-17-2002, 11:58 AM
Administrator

I did a double take for a second and thought.. wait hold up.. was that me? i don't remember hitting anyone.. but then i thought.. i was in NY but was back home in CT by 11 pm..

sorry to hear though
Old 11-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SprintMax
I did a double take for a second and thought.. wait hold up.. was that me? i don't remember hitting anyone.. but then i thought.. i was in NY but was back home in CT by 11 pm..

sorry to hear though
I take it as much as you like to bust people's ba11's around here, even you know better!

That is a horrible story.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:11 AM

That sucks man!!! I'm sorry to hear about that.. People do have to be more careful.. That goes for pedestrians and drivers!
Old 11-18-2002, 06:48 AM

My sincerest condolences... that is a horrible story.

It goes to show irresponsible and reckless people are the cause not the tool.

That IS the second truly bad Maxima related accident in NY in the past 2 weeks. Is it just bad mojo or what?
Old 11-18-2002, 08:02 AM

they'll catch the guy. you cant strike a person with your car hard enough to kill them and hide the damage that easily. a girl was hit and killed around me a few years ago and they found the car a few days later even though there were no witnesses. im confident they'll find this guy.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:08 AM
jjs

Shame we can't set things like this up to be 'auto replies' to anyone starting another inane 'KILL THREAD'.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by jjs
Shame we can't set things like this up to be 'auto replies' to anyone starting another inane 'KILL THREAD'.
why......... do you know the guy was racing?

And a "Kill Thread" in this case would be a poor choice of words wouldnt you say?
Old 11-18-2002, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by acMAX

And a "Kill Thread" in this case would be a poor choice of words wouldnt you say?
good point.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:21 PM
jjs

Like 'kill races' are done at low speed? C'mon now. Get real. Kill stories around here are routinely at rather higher speeds than posted. So this guy may not have been racing, or he may have, in any event there was high speed involved. Short end of the story is something tragic happened and could just as easily have happened to another bystander as the result of an .org member 'going for the kill'. Time we stopped applauding this kind of bull-****.

As for the 'pun', it is unfortuneate that the only correct terms for what people feel proud of around here (non racers aside) happen to be a prfound harbinger of the truth in this case. The 'poor choice' is the disregard for others and unfounded and delusional faith in ones driving abilities that this will always 'happen to the other guy'.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by jjs

Like 'kill races' are done at low speed? C'mon now. Get real.
All "kill stories" are done at high speeds unless you're talking about killing an Accord. Where do you see in my post me disputing that?

Originally posted by jjs

So this guy may not have been racing, or he may have, in any event there was high speed involved.
show me where in the article it says high speeds were involved in the accident.

Originally posted by jjs

The 'poor choice' is the disregard for others and unfounded and delusional faith in ones driving abilities that this will always 'happen to the other guy'.
I'm with you on this one....but I happen to be guilty of this from time to time. How about you? NEVER??
Old 11-18-2002, 01:16 PM

All "kill stories" are done at high speeds unless you're talking about killing an Accord. Where do you see in my post me disputing that?

show me where in the article it says high speeds were involved in the accident.

I'm with you on this one....but I happen to be guilty of this from time to time. How about you? NEVER??
why are you even arguing with him? he was just saying that THIS is tragic and when people race on the roads (this is where the Kill Stories come in) they are putting other people at risk and could potentially take the life of an innocent person just as it happened in this story.

an innocent life was lost here. and many more innocent lives will also be lost because of Kill Stories gone wrong. though racing didnt necessarily take this kid's life all jjs was saying is that this story just reminds us that our cars can be deadly weapons if they arent used intelligently.