5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

First cold-air WOT run (stock)...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 02:50 AM
Bingo

All I can say is, DAMN! I really didn't expect an auto 5th gen to pull so nicely... definitely put a smile on my face. Ambient temp showed 33 degrees... from a seat of the pants perspective, it felt as good as my 4th gen 5-speed with CAI / Y-pipe / Greddy. I'd have never expected that.

Tranny seemed to slip into 2nd instead of shift firmly... heard Don has a mod to help that...

Anyway, time for bed... just wanted to share my grin.

Hasta,
Bingo

Old 12-30-2000, 06:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Check it out . . .

Originally posted by Bingo
Tranny seemed to slip into 2nd instead of shift firmly...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=13742
Old 12-30-2000, 09:47 AM

Now imagine if you had a CAI, Y-pipe and VB, come on Bingo

you need to mod the car. I know you hate the weak suspension of the car.
Old 12-30-2000, 10:08 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Now imagine if you had a CAI, Y-pipe and VB, come on Bingo

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
you need to mod the car. I know you hate the weak suspension of the car.
Weak suspension?! LOL I won 1st place in autocross stock in that car! I don't think its weak for .84G stock and for its size thats awesome!

Old 12-30-2000, 12:03 PM

Well I would preffer it with coilovers, and the with the RSB and FSTB, it makes

a big difference. IMHO
Old 12-30-2000, 04:04 PM

All I can say is, DAMN! I really didn't expect an auto 5th gen to pull so nicely... definitely put a smile on my face. Ambient temp showed 33 degrees... from a seat of the pants perspective, it felt as good as my 4th gen 5-speed with CAI / Y-pipe / Greddy. I'd have never expected that.

Tranny seemed to slip into 2nd instead of shift firmly... heard Don has a mod to help that...

Hasta,
Bingo
Yeah, I do this almost everytime I pass someone on a two-lane highway. Floor the thing at 60 and MY tranny downshifts with a jerk and a very nice push and engine sound. Makes me and my passengers smile everytime. Also, I don't know if its just my car, but It seems that with the Defrosters on, the car hunts less for 1st gear when I floor it at around 30mph...When its off, it just takes a bit before it slams into first and jerks my head... Gotta love it

BTW, your sloppy slushy shift means a new TCM

2k Maxima built Jan 00'...No TCM problems whatsoever

BTW I was looking at some Maxima pics in some Magazines. I don't know if it was the Preproduction models, but the Rear turn signal glass is colored "orange" instead of "clear" and having an orange bulb. Also, the speaker grills are "cloth" instead of plastic molding.... Anyone have a Production model like this? Just curious...as usual!

Old 12-30-2000, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by AlexGLE

Hasta,
Bingo
Yeah, I do this almost everytime I pass someone on a two-lane highway. Floor the thing at 60 and MY tranny downshifts with a jerk and a very nice push and engine sound. Makes me and my passengers smile everytime. Also, I don't know if its just my car, but It seems that with the Defrosters on, the car hunts less for 1st gear when I floor it at around 30mph...When its off, it just takes a bit before it slams into first and jerks my head... Gotta love it

BTW, your sloppy slushy shift means a new TCM

2k Maxima built Jan 00'...No TCM problems whatsoever

BTW I was looking at some Maxima pics in some Magazines. I don't know if it was the Preproduction models, but the Rear turn signal glass is colored "orange" instead of "clear" and having an orange bulb. Also, the speaker grills are "cloth" instead of plastic molding.... Anyone have a Production model like this? Just curious...as usual!
I saw this. If you look on the december Sport Compact Car, the JWT Maxima has orange turn signals. I think its on early production SE's. Its been clear on the GLE and GXE throughout. The JWT Maxima is pretty old. I have a may or june issue of Max Power with the max in there. The staff of max power drove the car in the One Lap Of America.
Old 12-30-2000, 10:32 PM
Bingo

Sooo....

Are ya'll saying that the TCM upgrade is necessary for better shifting, or does it extend the life of the tranny? Sorry to re-visit an old topic...

-- Bingo

Old 12-30-2000, 10:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Sooo....

Are ya'll saying that the TCM upgrade is necessary for better shifting, or does it extend the life of the tranny? Sorry to re-visit an old topic...

-- Bingo
Both..unless you want your tranny not to last more than 10k with aggressive driving?

Old 12-30-2000, 10:40 PM
Bingo

Re: Re: Sooo....

Originally posted by Russ2kSE

-- Bingo
Both..unless you want your tranny not to last more than 10k with aggressive driving?
Aggressive driving? Me? C'mon, Russ, I baby my cars... you know that...

Old 12-30-2000, 10:45 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Sooo....

Grining left and right....lol

Originally posted by Russ2kSE

-- Bingo
Aggressive driving? Me? C'mon, Russ, I baby my cars... you know that...