5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Town Fair Tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 11:30 AM

Town Fair Tire

For those of you in the Northeast, or with a Town Fair Tire near you, what experiences have you had there? I know from my own personal experience 90% of the people that work there are nothing more than 7.00 an hour grease monkeys, that can't even operate an alignment machine. I have purchased 3 sets of tires from there and not only are their prices extremely high, but their service sucks. I recently went there with a set of tires to get them mounted on my rims, and they wouldn't mount them on the basis I didn't purchase them there, when I know for a fact they mount tires even if they didn't sell them. The sales people there work on commission and this Salesmen obviously didn't want to have to deal with me because he wasn't making money. Thats my personal experience, anybody else have any horror stories?
Old 12-11-2002, 11:52 AM
jjs

Re: Town Fair Tire

Originally posted by Frosty
For those of you in the Northeast, or with a Town Fair Tire near you, what experiences have you had there? I know from my own personal experience 90% of the people that work there are nothing more than 7.00 an hour grease monkeys, that can't even operate an alignment machine. I have purchased 3 sets of tires from there and not only are their prices extremely high, but their service sucks. I recently went there with a set of tires to get them mounted on my rims, and they wouldn't mount them on the basis I didn't purchase them there, when I know for a fact they mount tires even if they didn't sell them. The sales people there work on commission and this Salesmen obviously didn't want to have to deal with me because he wasn't making money. Thats my personal experience, anybody else have any horror stories?
If you have had these issues with them, why on earth would you go back, nevermind at least 3 times?
Old 12-11-2002, 11:55 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Town Fair Tire

Sorry, not a horror story. I just went there yesterday and had a better experience than that, although not much better.

I called Nashua NH store and was quoted $130 per tire + mounting + balancing + stems for Semperit snows. I called Salem NH store and was quoted $100 for the exact same tire and they offered "free flat fix, free tire rotation, free tire swap in the spring".

A friend's son has a friend (sorry if that's confusing) who works there and he confirms some of what you're saying. They DO work on commission and they DO have flexibility in pricing. He said NEVER pay the advertised price for anything in that store.

He also said they will put tires on a wheel for anyone, but they are only allowed to mount the wheel on your car if you bought the tire from them. If you didn't buy it from them, they're required to tell you to take it somewhere else. He said it and there's a big "memo" on the front desk about it... I just read it yesterday. If someone did it for you in the past either they weren't supposed to, or the policy has changed since then.

I disagree the prices are high, but then again I haggled until they dropped the price to my range. I'd go back, but I'd never pay their advertised price.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:35 PM

Nashua, NH, Town fair tire

Nashua, NH, Town fair tire
I had great experience with Nashua, NH Store.. Just make sure to shop on internet, print quotes from tires.com and tirerack.com and they will match the price... whenever they messed up like losing a center cap, they fixed it with no problem.

They never scratched a rim....

Also, the service at this store is Fast and Above Average... Never had to come back for re-alignemnt..and if needed it is free..

And you get all those Free bies too.. Free flat tire repaire, rotation, mounting, winter changer over...

The only thing that I did not get, is road hazard on the Nitto... reason low profile tires...

Recommended so far...