5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

aint nothing 4 free

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:40 PM
mjg

aint nothing 4 free

Just felt I'd complain here, you guys could relate:

I recently had some free body work done, at a fathers friend's body shop. Fixed up my bumper, which got messed up during that snow storm a week ago. So the bumper gets repainted, nice paint bubbles are in there... and of course my hood got chipped up in their shop. Now what the hell do I do, half of me wants to go ***** about it, yet I got something done free, beggars can't be chosers as they say.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:01 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: aint nothing 4 free

you say you got it done for free but it sounds like it's going to have to be done again, so was it really done for free?

I'd go back to the friend and point out the issues (nicely) and see if he volunteers to fix it. If he had someone else in the shop do it, he might not know. I would not involve your father at all. This is between you and the friend.

Originally posted by mjg
Just felt I'd complain here, you guys could relate:

I recently had some free body work done, at a fathers friend's body shop. Fixed up my bumper, which got messed up during that snow storm a week ago. So the bumper gets repainted, nice paint bubbles are in there... and of course my hood got chipped up in their shop. Now what the hell do I do, half of me wants to go ***** about it, yet I got something done free, beggars can't be chosers as they say.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: Re: aint nothing 4 free

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
you say you got it done for free but it sounds like it's going to have to be done again, so was it really done for free?

I'd go back to the friend and point out the issues (nicely) and see if he volunteers to fix it. If he had someone else in the shop do it, he might not know. I would not involve your father at all. This is between you and the friend.

Better yet get a neural 3rd party to point out the problems to your friend (or friend's father - can't understand the post). That way it's not you complaining.

Perhaps stage something when you are out with the person??
Old 12-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: aint nothing 4 free

Originally posted by mjg
... free body work done, at a fathers friend's body shop...
i learned a long time ago to never mix family, money, and cars ... its just destined for disaster.

id agree with 2k2wannabe