5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

H.B. Nissan tried to Burn me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002 | 11:56 PM

H.B. Nissan tried to Burn me!!!

First of all somehow my the Headlight Wiring Harness Connector started to melt and ended up melting half way. So I take it to Huntington Beach Nissan in Southern California where I have done all the work on my car. I'v never had a problem with their service actually there is a guy their who always gives me excellent service but he was at lunch. So they end up bringing the service guy out to look at it and he says I can't work under warrranty because I have aftermarket lights and they pull too much wattage which is what made them melt, so I say fine, I can't drive without lights, so he goes to check the part number to see if they had it in stock and check the price. He comes back and says they don't have the connector and it wont be here for another 4 days. I ask him what the total would be for just doing the one Harness Connector and he gets out the calculator and comes up with a total of $204.84. Then I start to laugh and this guy gives me a print out and it shows the connector and I look at it and it has a total of get this 3 wires. The connector cost $15.00 can you belive it, so they want $190.00 just in labor. I ain't no fool so I tell the guy order me 2 connectors and I'll install them myself, so then he says you might burn out the whole wireing system, I told him i'll take the risk.
Old 12-19-2002 | 12:52 AM

Did you know Dealer make the most money from their service department?

Some service managers should shoot themselves in the head for trying to screw their customers.
Old 12-19-2002 | 07:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: H.B. Nissan tried to Burn me!!!

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX
First of all somehow my the Headlight Wiring Harness Connector started to melt and ended up melting half way. So I take it to Huntington Beach Nissan in Southern California where I have done all the work on my car. I'v never had a problem with their service actually there is a guy their who always gives me excellent service but he was at lunch. So they end up bringing the service guy out to look at it and he says I can't work under warrranty because I have aftermarket lights and they pull too much wattage which is what made them melt, so I say fine, I can't drive without lights, so he goes to check the part number to see if they had it in stock and check the price. He comes back and says they don't have the connector and it wont be here for another 4 days. I ask him what the total would be for just doing the one Harness Connector and he gets out the calculator and comes up with a total of $204.84. Then I start to laugh and this guy gives me a print out and it shows the connector and I look at it and it has a total of get this 3 wires. The connector cost $15.00 can you belive it, so they want $190.00 just in labor. I ain't no fool so I tell the guy order me 2 connectors and I'll install them myself, so then he says you might burn out the whole wireing system, I told him i'll take the risk.

cough *off* cough *topic* cough
Old 12-19-2002 | 08:15 AM

Re: H.B. Nissan tried to Burn me!!!

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX
I know of 2 SO CA Nissan dealerships that will no longer perform warranty work on any Maxima component that has been modified. Right at the top of the list is HEADLIGHTS !
Old 12-19-2002 | 08:22 AM

that's funny in NYC the dealer told my dad that my back brakes were worn and charged him $130 the change 2 back pads... That the last time i send me dad to Nissan. I cost me $86 in labor. and the rest or the pads.
Old 12-19-2002 | 09:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

u should have put the orginal headlight bulb in and then brought to the dealer.. then the fix would be free.. but now u can just get the connector yourself and fix it in less than 15 min.
Old 12-19-2002 | 09:50 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by 99maxi
u should have put the orginal headlight bulb in and then brought to the dealer.. then the fix would be free..

Old 12-19-2002 | 04:47 PM

Ya I actually thought about doing that but by the time I thought about it, it was too late.