5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Audiophile Help with Bose CD6 replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 08:26 PM

Audiophile Help with Bose CD6 replacement...

Okay I've had my '02 for 6 months. CD player started going south in about 1.5 months.

By 4 months in sound was basically a toss up on any day for the entire right side of the car. Ordered replacement. took about 2 months give or take a week or so to get in.

Meantime, I was limping along on the left side door speakers only. CD player replaced about 4 weeks ago. No more speaker/sound issues.

NOW the sorry CD player pauses and skips and even changes to the next cd at random. Worse when newly used daily. Longer I'm in the car, the less jumping around...but still jumping.

This is madness.

Any of you audiophiles have suggestions, links, preferred product or brands for replacement of my '02 Maxima Bose CD6 player that will fit the specific console/dash of my car?? I'm looking for something made specifically for our cars as I'm not a auto sound type who can custom install an application for fit my Max.

TIA,
Old 12-22-2002, 09:21 PM
mjg

bro, get a dash kit...

I had my painted silver to match my trim, but now I think there is one made by some company like bosch or something... That matches the trim. once you get this dash kit, you can either keep the terrible bose speakers and get the adapter for an aftermarket deck (Kenwood excelon is excellent stuff), or you can go ahead and pull all that garbage out, and get some mb quart reference premium, or boston acoustics speakers.

I suggest you do the whole system personally, but then again those are my priorities. MP3 capability is very important to me as well... DVD's in the car isn't important to me, i just like good sounds.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:35 PM

Thanks! n/m.

Originally posted by mjg
bro, get a dash kit...

I had my painted silver to match my trim, but now I think there is one made by some company like bosch or something... That matches the trim. once you get this dash kit, you can either keep the terrible bose speakers and get the adapter for an aftermarket deck (Kenwood excelon is excellent stuff), or you can go ahead and pull all that garbage out, and get some mb quart reference premium, or boston acoustics speakers.

I suggest you do the whole system personally, but then again those are my priorities. MP3 capability is very important to me as well... DVD's in the car isn't important to me, i just like good sounds.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:13 PM
† ErV †

hm well if your players are going south so often you might want to have an electrician check the wiring. if you want to go aftermarket, just about any double or 1.5 DIN player should fit in nicely. though you still might need a dash kit it will not leave as huge blank spot as a 1 DIN unit. Pioneer has some good 'oversized' units.