5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hi all newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:13 PM

Hi all newbie here

How are you all doing. I just recently (Monday) picked up a 2001 Maxima, and, bloody love the thing. I was in a Mazda MX6 previous, and, it is like night and day.

I have been reading some posts, and, you guys have some kick *** looking cars.

I do intend to mod the car, but, I am going to start out with the cosmetics first, although, I did put a K&N air filter in it, I will eventually go with a CAI.

While I will search for most of my questions, I do have one, if I may. The first thing I want to do is switch out the guage cluster with a set of white glow gauges, but, cannot find a 2k1 set, will these 2k2 Glow Gauges fit in my 2k1?.

Thanks in advance.

-J
Old 01-04-2003, 09:26 PM

Re: Hi all newbie here

Originally posted by Jakester
While I will search for most of my questions, I do have one, if I may. The first thing I want to do is switch out the guage cluster with a set of white glow gauges, but, cannot find a 2k1 set, will these 2k2 Glow Gauges fit in my 2k1?.
Hi, and welcome!

No, the 2K2+ gauges do not fit with the 2K-2K1 Maximas. The main thing is that starting with 2K2, Nissan added an LCD readout screen to the tach gauge. The 2K-2K1 didn't have this LCD screen. Sorry.

Which 2001 do you have? If you have the GXE or the GLE, you can always get the SE gauge which has a titanium face and a cool night face too. It's not reverse indiglo, but it looks good for what it is.

Peace.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:29 PM

Cheers KennyLau, I have a GXE, and I did search and figured those gauges would not fit!!, so, I will go with the SE cluster.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:45 PM

How are you all doing. I just recently (Monday) picked up a 2001 Maxima, and, bloody love the thing. I was in a Mazda MX6 previous, and, it is like night and day.

I do intend to mod the car, but, I am going to start out with the cosmetics first, although, I did put a K&N air filter in it, I will eventually go with a CAI.

Thanks in advance.

-J
Welcome to the org! Let the modding begin!
Old 01-04-2003, 11:04 PM

THE ORG. WELCOMES YOU
The SEARCH function is your friend.
"LET THE MODDING BEGIN..."
Old 01-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Old Timer

Thanks in advance.

-J
As KennyLau stated, they will not fit. Sorry. Alot of the guys here on the org don't care for the reverse glow gauges anyways. Alot of the guys claim they are RICEY. Personally I don't care for them all that much. The more you browse around, the more you'll notice that Max owners try as best they can to mod their cars in a manner that they stay professionally presentable. Some of the cars around here are just sweet, but at the same time, you could still see three businessmen in suits hop in. One of my favorites is Kloogy's ride. Check it out, and you'll see what I mean. Done, but not overdone. If you want to get bashed on the org, go buy a big wing or put an unpainted body kit on your max.

Welcome.
David
Old 01-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yup... everything d_warner just said is true... BUT, if YOU like those gauges, and YOU want them, then by all means, GET THEM. Remember, it's your car, not ours. Do what you like.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:04 AM

Thanks for the replies. d_warner, good advice, but, you need not fear, I will not be ricing this car, my wife would kill me, besides, I am one of those 30 year old businessmen . I am going to put on an SE spoiler. Kloogy's ride is very nice, as is irvine78's.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:00 AM

Don't forget about cwally's ride. Check his ride out when you get a chance. He also got a tiiite ride.