5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JIC FLT-A2 coilover pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 08:36 AM
lcf

Hm, I'm studying for a quiz at the moment so I'm not able to do it... so why doesn't someone else make a more complete list of those seriously interested in the GD.

From memory I have:

chinaonnitrous1
IceY2K1
max'n out
lcf
Old 01-14-2003, 08:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by lcf
Hm, I'm studying for a quiz at the moment so I'm not able to do it... so why doesn't someone else make a more complete list of those seriously interested in the GD.

From memory I have:

chinaonnitrous1
IceY2K1
max'n out
lcf
Damn.. Now I find out about the GD.. I just ordered my set last week.. It was just a lil bit more expensive..
Old 01-14-2003, 09:44 AM

Please note the number of buyers have been reduced to 6.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=181110
Old 01-14-2003, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Damn.. Now I find out about the GD.. I just ordered my set last week.. It was just a lil bit more expensive..
I know how you feel, I ordered mine last week as well. The bright side is that we should get ours long before they do. I was told by my dealer that after me there was only one more set available in the US after which they would have to get them from Japan which takes a considerably longer amount of time. BTW, where did you order yours from? I got mine from Paul @ Avalon Racing. Hopefully mine will be in this week, but at the latest, Monday. I'd like to know what happened all of a sudden that got everyone interested in these?
Old 01-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Y2K2Driver

I know how you feel, I ordered mine last week as well. The bright side is that we should get ours long before they do. I was told by my dealer that after me there was only one more set available in the US after which they would have to get them from Japan which takes a considerably longer amount of time. BTW, where did you order yours from? I got mine from Paul @ Avalon Racing. Hopefully mine will be in this week, but at the latest, Monday. I'd like to know what happened all of a sudden that got everyone interested in these?
Just wondering, but what did Paul charge you?

He tends to charge more, but you know he's legit and probably the ONLY authorized dealer here for these.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

He tends to charge more, but you know he's legit and probably the ONLY authorized dealer here for these.
I'm not at liberty to say. I made a promise that I wouldn't disclose the amount.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:55 AM

I LOVE MY JICs

I'm not at liberty to say. I made a promise that I wouldn't disclose the amount.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:58 AM

Typical Pauls' customer response.

BTW, what good does it do to keep your mouth shut, besides SCREW yourself and others down the road when he RAPES you again? You guys never learn. The more pricing information available the more competition, thus cheaper *cough**FAIR**cough* prices.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:04 AM

BTW, what good does it do to keep your mouth shut, besides SCREW yourself and others down the road when he RAPES you again? You guys never learn. The more pricing information available the more competition, thus cheaper *cough**FAIR**cough* prices.
First off, I don't think I did that badly on the price. I am content with what I paid. Second, keeping my mouth shut enables me to maintain a good relationship with the dealer so that in the future when I'm looking to get mods for my car, I can go to Paul as a repeat customer. I would hope that such cutomer loyalty is rewarded in better deals down the road. I would love to get pricing information out to others, but like I said, I made a promise and I take that very seriously.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:07 AM

Some people seem to complain that Paul's prices suck, but I have bought a lot of stuff from him and no one else would even match his prices.

You guy will be getting a good deal on the JICs, I still got better, it just took forver to get them.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:14 AM

First off, I don't think I did that badly on the price. I am content with what I paid. Second, keeping my mouth shut enables me to maintain a good relationship with the dealer so that in the future when I'm looking to get mods for my car, I can go to Paul as a repeat customer. I would hope that such cutomer loyalty is rewarded in better deals down the road. I would love to get pricing information out to others, but like I said, I made a promise and I take that very seriously.
I'm glad. I'm not bashing you, just Pauls' pricing tactics.

You can EASILY beat Pauls prices, you just can't be picky about who you have to go through, ie "Authorized" retailer.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by MaxRPM
Some people seem to complain that Paul's prices suck, but I have bought a lot of stuff from him and no one else would even match his prices.

You guy will be getting a good deal on the JICs, I still got better, it just took forver to get them.

Yes, you may every now and then get a "better deal", but he raped you on the "lot of stuff" you already bought.

As long as your happy paying his price.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:20 AM

HAHAha.. i knew it.. i told u, u were gonna get jic. so i guess u not gonna get true choice no more eh?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I probably got the best deal and it only took 2 days for JIC to get them to Richard.

No True Choice, mingilow...
Old 01-14-2003, 11:48 AM

Yes, you may every now and then get a "better deal", but he raped you on the "lot of stuff" you already bought.

Where is all of this aminosity(sp?) towards Paul coming from? If at any point you feel you are geting raped by a dealer, then by all means go elsewhere. My decision to go with Paul had nothing to do with going through an Authorized Dealer. I felt that he gave me a fair price. Would I have liked to pay even less? Of course. Who is going to complain about paying less? Nobody. However, I don't expect a dealer to cut his margins to nothing when I'm, for all intensive purposes, just coming in off the street. The benefit of working with a dealer more than once is that hopefully you get to the point where you know they are going to give you a fair price right away because they know you are serious and that you will respect there wishes. I don't think anyone wants to fight tooth and nail for every cent on everything they buy. I know I don't. And while I understand customers wanting to know what others have paid in order to put themselves in a better buying situation, you have to understand that these products allow the dealer to optimize their profits by selling at the maximum price that someone is willing to pay. Would you do any less to strangers? This is his living after all. I don't mean to be combative here or anything, but without knwoing what everyone paid and what else they bought, you really don't know whether we got raped or not in our purchases.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:49 AM

If You Say So Oh Mighty Moderator

Old 01-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Coilovers

We have two sets arrving any day for the A## (already sold) and more arriving in LA in a few weeks.

I will do a group buy with no less than 5 confirmed orders.

Regards

Old 01-14-2003, 12:16 PM

Where is all of this aminosity(sp?) towards Paul coming from? If at any point you feel you are geting raped by a dealer, then by all means go elsewhere. My decision to go with Paul had nothing to do with going through an Authorized Dealer. I felt that he gave me a fair price. Would I have liked to pay even less? Of course. Who is going to complain about paying less? Nobody. However, I don't expect a dealer to cut his margins to nothing when I'm, for all intensive purposes, just coming in off the street. The benefit of working with a dealer more than once is that hopefully you get to the point where you know they are going to give you a fair price right away because they know you are serious and that you will respect there wishes. I don't think anyone wants to fight tooth and nail for every cent on everything they buy. I know I don't. And while I understand customers wanting to know what others have paid in order to put themselves in a better buying situation, you have to understand that these products allow the dealer to optimize their profits by selling at the maximum price that someone is willing to pay. Would you do any less to strangers? This is his living after all. I don't mean to be combative here or anything, but without knwoing what everyone paid and what else they bought, you really don't know whether we got raped or not in our purchases.
Do a few searches on ANY Stillen group deal and you will see why. I don't have any animosity towards Paul, I just laugh at his pricing tactics. I have bought from Paul before, but doubt I would again. Not because of what I bought, but because of his tactics I've seen on this board, such as killing Group Buys and reporting Stillen dealers because they advertise prices cheaper than Stillen allows. He is never the cheapest and he clearly doesn't care or need to be to keep in business. This board is not his main focus and it shows. Every now and then he throws us a bone in the FS forum on "FREE" shipping when his prices are higher even without the shipping.

My point was not that you got raped(maybe that's too harsh, how about screwed?), just that I would have like to know how much Paul was charging as an Authorized dealer, so I could make as decision as to whether or not it was worth saving the $$$$.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by MaxRPM
If You Say So Oh Mighty Moderator

Old 01-14-2003, 12:30 PM

prices

Prices vary somewhat due to a floating discount rate we get from JIC. Depending on our monthly pourchases our discounts vary. For example this month we have well over 10K in purchases with another huge number of quotes out.

We usually can pass these discounts on to Forum members.

Regards

Old 01-14-2003, 12:32 PM

Do a few searches on ANY Stillen group deal and you will see why. I don't have any animosity towards Paul, I just laugh at his pricing tactics. I have bought from Paul before, but doubt I would again. Not because of what I bought, but because of his tactics I've seen on this board, such as killing Group Buys and reporting Stillen dealers because they advertise prices cheaper than Stillen allows. He is never the cheapest and he clearly doesn't care or need to be to keep in business. This board is not his main focus and it shows. Every now and then he throws us a bone in the FS forum on "FREE" shipping when his prices are higher even without the shipping.

My point was not that you got raped(maybe that's too harsh, how about screwed?), just that I would have like to know how much Paul was charging as an Authorized dealer, so I could make as decision as to whether or not it was worth saving the $$$$.
Fair enough.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:35 PM

Re: prices

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Prices vary somewhat due to a floating discount rate we get from JIC. Depending on our monthly pourchases our discounts vary. For example this month we have well over 10K in purchases with another huge number of quotes out.

We usually can pass these discounts on to Forum members.

Regards

Thanks.

BTW, you may want to check out the other thread, it seems JIC found out and doesn't allow "Group Buys".
Old 01-14-2003, 03:09 PM

Leave Paul alone, he is a fair business man. Prices may vary per customer, but that is becuase of the amount that person may buy and how that may benifit him in the long run...His bussiness practice is fair and common. you don't like his price, buy it off the street.

Another note: Paul what will your group deal price be?
Old 01-14-2003, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by max'n out
Leave Paul alone, he is a fair business man. Prices may vary per customer, but that is becuase of the amount that person may buy and how that may benifit him in the long run...His bussiness practice is fair and common. you don't like his price, buy it off the street.

Another note: Paul what will your group deal price be?

You can his **** all you like, but his "fair business" tactics just artificially inflates prices and do nothing but make people like us have to pay more for our mods. He can charge whatever he wants and still make money, however he squelches GBs and "hookups" at every opportunity. I wonder who notified JIC of this GB that's now deleted? Who squelched Alex from Southwest Autoworks Stillen bodykit GB? Who narked on Tustin Nissans' Stillen prices?

The Maxima aftermarket has enough difficulty as is withOUT his "fair and common" *cough**Stillen**cough* practices.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:22 PM

You can his **** all you like, but his "fair business" tactics just artificially inflates prices and do nothing but make people like us have to pay more for our mods. He can charge whatever he wants and still make money, however he squelches GBs and "hookups" at every opportunity. I wonder who notified JIC of this GB that's now deleted? Who squelched Alex from Southwest Autoworks Stillen bodykit GB? Who narked on Tustin Nissans' Stillen prices?

The Maxima aftermarket has enough difficulty as is withOUT his "fair and common" *cough**Stillen**cough* practices.

I thought moderaters stayed nutral? You don't like him, fine, but theres no reason to post crap like that, if you feel you made your point stop. i'm not kissing anybodys butt, business is business, you dont' like his fine, no need to *****.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by max'n out

I thought moderaters stayed nutral? You don't like him, fine, but theres no reason to post crap like that, if you feel you made your point stop. i'm not kissing anybodys butt, business is business, you dont' like his fine, no need to *****.

What? Where did you read that?

I can post whatever I want, same as you.

I can "*****" all I want.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:03 PM

What? Where did you read that?

I can post whatever I want, same as you.

I can "*****" all I want.
Where did i Read it? Well underneath your forum name it says moderator. Which is to say a diplomat, go between, mediator, referee.

Take which ever term you like the best.

but all in all, i really dont' care if you **** all over the place, i'm just saying you keep posing the same thing, we get it you have problems with paul, other dont' again it's business. Let it go. Perhaps you need to take some business courses? Price competion is what derives a price, some set it high, some set it low, but the bottom line is profit, and if you can get it you charge it.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:03 PM

i just want the damn things for cheap..dont care WHO sells them... i thought group deals were a good thing...and thanks to thoes people who put up with the hassle of organizing them. I guess PRIVATE group deals should be considereD?....shoot me a pm..if someone organizes a private one.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:38 AM

Originally posted by lcf

From memory I have:

chinaonnitrous1
IceY2K1
max'n out
lcf
im in, so that makes it four now?
we need 1 more?? err wsa it 2 more?
Old 01-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Administrator

who didn't know Avalon was sneaky? i thought this was common knowledge..
Old 01-15-2003, 07:10 AM
lcf

Guys, let's organize ourselves and approach a vendor with an offer. I think it will be something they cannot turn down.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:56 AM

I found that Modacar can beat anyones price on JIC's.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:14 AM

Originally posted by lcf
I've searched their site and it appears that they only sell JIC SF-1s for a myriad of cars, however none being the Maxima.

It's all good. Either way, it's the FLT-A2s I want.

Bad news, bro. It seems that someone squealed and the "official" group deal had to be broken up because JIC doesn't allow them. I'm confident if we approach a seller with enough buyers, we can get a good price without calling it a "group deal".

chinaonnitrous1
IceY2K1
max'n out
lcf
chi02max

Hm, where's this Richard dude at?

Shhhhhhsh! We need to take this OFFLINE.

Email everyone and we'll talk.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:14 AM
lcf

Originally posted by MaxSE03
I found that Modacar can beat anyones price on JIC's.
I've searched their site and it appears that they sell JIC SF-1s for a myriad of cars, none being the Maxima. It's all good. Either way, it's the FLT-A2s I want. Is all of the inventory not listed in their online store?

Originally posted by chi02max

im in, so that makes it four now?
we need 1 more?? err wsa it 2 more?
Bad news, bro. It seems that someone squealed and the "official" group deal had to be broken up because JIC doesn't allow them. I'm confident if we approach a seller with enough buyers, we can get a good price without calling it a "group deal".

chinaonnitrous1
IceY2K1
max'n out
lcf
chi02max

Hm, where's this Richard dude at?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Richard is still working on a good deal for us. Shhhhhhhh......
Old 01-15-2003, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by lcf
[B]I've searched their site and it appears that they sell JIC SF-1s for a myriad of cars, none being the Maxima. It's all good. Either way, it's the FLT-A2s I want. Is all of the inventory not listed in their online store?
You have to call them!!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:39 AM

Hello Gentlemen,

Just to shed some light on the matter. All of you should understand the basis of good economics. Group buys force the prices so low that all the small people lose there place in the market. The tier system goes to ****.

If all dealers would work together on the same plane, and the manufacturer or importer would retain the same discount structures with blanket policies against extremely low public pricing, many more customers would get better customer service and have less problems.

It's so funny how everyone is so into getting things as cheaply as possible without looking at what they may be sacrificing to acheive that price.

The system should work as such, importer to distributor to dealer to end user. The internet shops should be in between the dealer and end user. This ensures that a product is properly installed, represented, and that companies profit for their quality of workmanship. All levels are making their part.

I would not point any fingers at anyone in particular. IF someone is interested in offerring a special promotion to a group of club members they should contact JIC USA and get their blessings. With their blessing on your pricing structure you will be supported. I'm sure several dealers emailed JIC. It's encouraged of dealers to do so in order to keep a level playing field.

Lastly, you want to buy these from an "Authorized Dealer" as those dealers should have been technically educated by their distributor how to maintain and tune these suspensions. This isn't Tokiko, Ground Control stuff and really shouldn't even be treated as a mail order item.

I have been busting my *** to bring the JIC market back up from the pits because of internet ******. This is something that will be beneficial for everyone. Less warranty issues/proper installs/and a price representative of the class of this product.

Yours Truly,
Automotive R & D
JIC Distributor for North West

Advanced Tech Sport will become an Authorized Dealer in the next month when we have them added to JICs website. Have no hesitation in purchasing from them. We will make sure they are qualified to answer all your questions and install tech support. Richard is a good guy and knows how to represent the product. He's seen me tune it and maintain it. Will continue to do so as well.

FYI, I do believe that these coilovers came through our pipeline to Richard. We did Richard a favor and were the deciding factor on this special deal. I have asked Richard to keep it confidential and am glad to see that his gentlemen are holding up their end of the bargain. I am looking forward to tuning the suspension on a "turbo maxima" that it should be installed on. Right Richard?
Old 01-16-2003, 04:52 AM

Let's get a few things straight here

People wanted a JIC group deal and was having trouble since JIC can not do them direct. We can. We tried to help and you bash us.

Now let's address of few of the other comments on this thread.

First of all we do not kill deals. We can't. We are not the manufacturer. The decisions is up to manufacturer. We have to play by the same rules as any other authorized dealer.

The manufacturers cruise these forums to look for problems. And yes there are vendors here who are not either authorized or sell well beyond their contractual agreements with the manufacturers. I do not have time to police the 20+ forums we participate in.

We are Stillens, largest dealer in the Nissan market. We rank in the top few of JWT, JIC and a ton of others.

JIC was called about a group deal a while ago before we sold the recent batch of A33 coilovers. JIC directly will not enterain a group deal. Due to our relationship with them we do.

We can beat any Authorized dealers prices on product due to volume. With companies like JIC our discount structure is based on that months sales.

If we get additional discounts - we will pass that on to our "regular" customers.

Long term customers will get special concideration along with customers who place large orders at one time.

Loyality counts in any business.

The bottom line is simple - We have been in business a long time. We are not going anywhere. If you do not like the prices you get go somewhere else. You are free to buy wherever you like.

We have a lot of great customers here and appreciate that. Forum sales is only a very small percentage of our revenue flow.

regards
Old 01-16-2003, 06:45 AM

For those of you sitting on the fence about buying from Avalon get off the fence and buy when you are ready.

Will he give the lowest price possible? I don't know because I don't get 100 quotes. But so far he has given me the best price compared to the three or four other places I've asked. I am not interested is squeezing the last dollar from anyone, I just want a good price.

Further more Paul is a knowledgeable person to talk too and provides excellent customer service. He always answers my email even when not related to buying. When I inquired about the JICs months ago he asked me to call him to talk about details, I said I was at work and can't make long distance calls, so he called me at his expense. That may not be a big deal to you but I have a hard time with dealers answering my emails, good luck getting them to call me in Canada just to chat about a product.

If you are wondering what I have bought from Avalon here it is, Stillen FSTB, RSB, APRacing Brake Kit, JICs, Stillen Rear Rotors, SS Lines, Fluid and several sets of pads.

It's up to you who you buy from. The recent bashing from one particular person which is bordering on libel is wrong and I just wanted to say that I have had a positive experience buying from Paul/Avalon and I am sure you will too.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by JIC A33
Advanced Tech Sport will become an Authorized Dealer in the next month when we have them added to JICs website. Have no hesitation in purchasing from them. We will make sure they are qualified to answer all your questions and install tech support. Richard is a good guy and knows how to represent the product. He's seen me tune it and maintain it. Will continue to do so as well.

FYI, I do believe that these coilovers came through our pipeline to Richard. We did Richard a favor and were the deciding factor on this special deal. I have asked Richard to keep it confidential and am glad to see that his gentlemen are holding up their end of the bargain. I am looking forward to tuning the suspension on a "turbo maxima" that it should be installed on. Right Richard?
I wouldn't mind bringing my car to you guys for tuning. Thank you!

Quick Reply: JIC FLT-A2 coilover pictures