5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cavalier Z24 Kill

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Cavalier Z24 Kill

I don't reccommend street racing but I must share a funny story. I have a bone stock 2k2 auto with a filter. Every once in a while I will get someone in traffic who wats to run them but I almost always decline. However, there was this complete tool in a z24 who pulled up next to me at a stop light and was reving his "engine". The light turned green and he peels out and sprints to the next stop light with me lumbering behind him. I said what the hell I need to put this tool in his place. I reached the next lignt looked over at him gave him a honk and waited for green. I proceed to make one of the best street launches I ever had (on potenzas)and put about 3 lengths on this guy immediately. You could see him (in my mirror) raking through the gears to catch me. I pulled him by about 5 lengths before the next light then stopped and rolled down my window. Noticing all of the stickers on his "HOT ROD" I asked him "how much horsepower do the stickers add"? He promptly gave me the bird and turned right.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:37 PM

those cavaliers r ****. my xgf had a sunfire which is basically the same car and its a pos and slow and rough.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by slickrick
those cavaliers r ****. my xgf had a sunfire which is basically the same car and its a pos and slow and rough.
its not the point that these J-cars are slow. The point is that every POS out on the road sees a Max and tries to race it, "to see what it can do" because they cant afford one!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by slickrick
But this was a Z-24

Old 01-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Oooooooh.............a Z24....he needs more stickers.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:46 PM

no man, those hot rod stickers make the car more aerodynamic
Old 01-11-2003, 09:57 PM

Obvioulsy it didn't help him.......
Old 01-12-2003, 04:40 AM

Funny story...One day, one of those kids is going to get smart and put the LS1 in there and shock a few people...No need for stickers then
Old 01-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by wild *****
Funny story...One day, one of those kids is going to get smart and put the LS1 in there and shock a few people...No need for stickers then

Oh God, a 13 second Cavalier I hope I never meet one of those at a red light But another funny story. Last night(really late and no traffic) I ran my buddy on the highway in his 02 Hyaundi Sonata V-6 (170 H.P.) I got the slower start than him and put about 6-7 car lengths on him by the time I was done. Same result from a light earlier that day, accept it was even worse hahahha. I don't intend to race my Max, but I have only had it one day and just had to see what she'd do.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:34 AM
vqman

Re: Cavalier Z24 Kill

Originally posted by KNUCKLES
I don't reccommend street racing but I must share a funny story. I have a bone stock 2k2 auto with a filter. Every once in a while I will get someone in traffic who wats to run them but I almost always decline. However, there was this complete tool in a z24 who pulled up next to me at a stop light and was reving his "engine". The light turned green and he peels out and sprints to the next stop light with me lumbering behind him. I said what the hell I need to put this tool in his place. I reached the next lignt looked over at him gave him a honk and waited for green. I proceed to make one of the best street launches I ever had (on potenzas)and put about 3 lengths on this guy immediately. You could see him (in my mirror) raking through the gears to catch me. I pulled him by about 5 lengths before the next light then stopped and rolled down my window. Noticing all of the stickers on his "HOT ROD" I asked him "how much horsepower do the stickers add"? He promptly gave me the bird and turned right.
you are a big bad bully....

you should be ashamed of yourself...

-vq

Old 01-13-2003, 10:57 AM

13 second Cavalier. I guess its possible for a Cav to run 13s provided it gets rearended by a Corvette AT SPEED!!!

Anyway Knuckles, he could have pulled on you BIGTIME if he had a 'Type R' sticker.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by F23A4
13 second Cavalier. I guess its possible for a Cav to run 13s provided it gets rearended by a Corvette AT SPEED!!!

Anyway Knuckles, he could have pulled on you BIGTIME if he had a 'Type R' sticker.

Old 01-13-2003, 12:16 PM
I am Roid Rage

I'm right near Youngstown, Ohio - home of the J-body. These things are everywhere here. I see hundreds of them ranging from plain-Jane to riced-and-ridiculous. And the people who drive them are just like the guy you described. They're disposable cars and I'm always quick to dispose of them.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:28 PM
vqman

Originally posted by Bluebird
I'm right near Youngstown, Ohio - home of the J-body. These things are everywhere here. I see hundreds of them ranging from plain-Jane to riced-and-ridiculous. And the people who drive them are just like the guy you described. They're disposable cars and I'm always quick to dispose of them.
I was telling this one guy about my new Maxima one time...he said he had a cavalier that ran in the 1l's....

I don't talk to him anymore...lost all respect for the guy.

-vq

Old 01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
vqman

I was telling this one guy about my new Maxima one time...he said he had a cavalier that ran in the 1l's....

I don't talk to him anymore...lost all respect for the guy.

-vq

Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 PM

I'm right near Youngstown, Ohio - home of the J-body. These things are everywhere here. I see hundreds of them
...that's how I define 'cruel and unusual punishment'!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Maxima Pilot

Ahh..rice rockets and their driver wannabees...

late last night coming home from dinner with wife and daughter in car I reach a T.L. and stop at the line. Five seconds after that a couple-year old Integra pulls up on my right, which is a lane that merges into mine (in other words, disappears) about 50 yards past the intersection.

The Integra is slammed into the ground, has large wheels with micro-skinny tires...dunno what they were, but they had maybe an inch and a half of sidewall, he obviously has an intake because you can hear the noise when he blips the throttle.

The driver is leaning back about 58 degrees, his arms are outstretched to the point of pain and obviously, with his arms like that and the seat back angle he was using, definitely his knees were around his genitals. He lurches a bit and my daughter who's minding her biz in the back seat says 'look daddy, he wants to play'

Revs up to 1500 with no blipping, a quarter second after the light turns green a perfect slip clutch start, hammer down to maybe 6000 in first and then hard on the throttle to 5000 in second and the idiot is just so caught out he is like WAY behind.

Shift casually from 2nd to 4th, keep tooling at 45-50 or so & the guy blasts by me on the left and roars off into the distance. We reach the next traffic light and all three of us -my wife, my daughter and I all look over to him and smile...

The look on his face was priceless....
Old 01-13-2003, 02:45 PM

Re: Ahh..rice rockets and their driver wannabees...

Originally posted by Galo

We reach the next traffic light and all three of us -my wife, my daughter and I all look over to him and smile...

The look on his face was priceless....
For everything else there is MasterCard.......Which he should use to buy more mods so he wouldn't get embarressed by 3 people at the same time. Good kill~
Old 01-14-2003, 09:20 AM

WELL SAID...

Originally posted by Galo
The driver is leaning back about 58 degrees, his arms are outstretched to the point of pain and obviously, with his arms like that and the seat back angle he was using, definitely his knees were around his genitals. He lurches a bit and my daughter who's minding her biz in the back seat says 'look daddy, he wants to play'

I can't count the many times I catch myself laughing out loud here at work over stuff like this. The kill was one thing man, but the detailed/specific description is some seriously funny shiet!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluebird
[B]I'm right near Youngstown, Ohio - home of the J-body.
Bluebird...we're neighbors...I live in Sharon...PA
Old 01-14-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

Galo! hahahahahahahaha!

WTF does he tell his Homies?!
Old 01-14-2003, 10:06 AM

as much as i like the satisfaction of beating other cars with Max, nothing really beats the look of astonishment on the other guys face when he gets beat. One of my favorites happened while my girlfriend was driving her 01 silverado and this guy in an older Jetta pulls up next to us. he had the exhaust, tinted windows, lowered, the whole deal, and as soon as the light turned green he hit as, along with my girlfriend. we pulled on him up to the next light, where he turned, but not before looking up with a priceless expression on his face. "what the... i just got beat by a silverado???" oh 6 litres of power is wonderful. hehe
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Maxima Pilot

LOL!!! some people just dont get it, dont they?.