5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

VIDEO: 02max 6spd vs TrackEd. 350z vs GTP

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 03:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GTP4UNME
"The engine sounds horrible"

You haven't heard blower whine? Have you ever listend to a Lightning with an intake, or any car with a Roots type supercharger?? Thats what they sound like, most people love it, maybe it loses something in the video I dunno.

As for the engine sounding like its not running right... Not every car revs to the sky like alot of imports do, that must be what you're used to hearing. Its an auto and it shifts at around 5900-6000 rpm depending on what PCM it has. I like the sound of the VQ too, they're just 2 totally different sounds.

Also, for some of you... When a Maxima gets beat by a GTP, does that make it open season on domestics? As if the cars really gonna fall apart in a few years? My car is 5 years old, looks great (http://www.surferz.net/~tim/pics.htm), no rust, nothing falling apart as it should be I guess, maybe I got a freak? Hell I even drive it in the winter and it looks fine.

And for you dash molestors complaining about the interior... You can have your sweet chrome trim, and quality plastics, as long as they are several cars back.

Tim
I guess I just don't like how superchargers sound then, but then again you're right... I haven't heard one in real life yet, maybe the video can't capture everything it has to offer.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by h2kFrosty

I guess I just don't like how superchargers sound then, but then again you're right... I haven't heard one in real life yet, maybe the video can't capture everything it has to offer.
thats why i bought a Turbo over a Supercharger... mainly for sound i know i sound like a rice boy... the BOV and the Spooling on the Turbo jut owns the sound of the SC..

i am a riceboy at heart
Old 01-23-2003, 06:25 AM

Kinda funny because my buddy just picked up a brand new 2003 GTP sedan last night. As soon as it's done with the break-in - we're racing baby!!

He's got a G-tech so it'd be interesting to see what the numbers will come out to. The GTP is a tad heavier than the Maxima but the GTP has the torque advantage.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:26 AM

I don't think you can say anything until you've heard it LIVE.

Originally posted by h2kFrosty

Old 01-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanx that was my car. it kinda helps being so damn cold outside too. and for those who said my car sounds like crap,
Old 01-25-2003, 12:37 AM

hey smokin,
are you the same guy that raced that
2000 EX civic- I/H/E/55 shot
2000 GTP- I/E/ecu/3.4 pulley

the other vid is:
1999 Prelude LC- JRSC@6 psi/I/H/E/Vafc/Clutch
1997 SVT Cobra- MAF/H/E
4th gen prelude SI- built motor-bolt-ons/T3/T4 turbo@11 psi
nissan 240sx- KA24DET@12 psi(?) full 3" exhaust/Ecu/FMIC

i noticed its the same person that recorded all the clips.
btw, if it is the same GTP as the one you raced in the other vid, you kept up with him pretty well from the start.

nice vids!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 04:51 AM

Re: Re: VIDEO: 02max 6spd vs TrackEd. 350z vs GTP

Originally posted by 2k2MerlotSE

Damn...That GTP is fast. cool vid...
ole saying "there's no replacement for displacement", but there is Forced induction, ie sc/turbo ... 3.8 FI vs 3.5 NA, duh
Old 01-25-2003, 08:37 AM

Old 01-25-2003, 10:01 AM

The guy in the Z really needs to learn how to drive.....

And for you guys that think a 6-speed max with be able to hang with a Z...wait until you come up against a GOOD DRIVER in a Z...or even worse, a good driver from a roll...the Z has massive highway pull. Example: Me running Nealoc187 who ran 13.9@98 (better than almost all 2k2-2k3 6-speed maximas), when I literally destroyed the 13-second bolt on max in my BROKEN in Z with someone who knows how to drive it.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:31 PM
MaxItalia

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

And for you guys that think a 6-speed max with be able to hang with a Z...wait until you come up against a GOOD DRIVER in a Z...or even worse, a good driver from a roll...the Z has massive highway pull. Example: Me running Nealoc187 who ran 13.9@98 (better than almost all 2k2-2k3 6-speed maximas), when I literally destroyed the 13-second bolt on max in my BROKEN in Z with someone who knows how to drive it.
Comparing a stock z to Nealoc187's times makes no sense. He had small light weight rims, slicks, and weight reductions when he ran that time once right? Did he have slicks light weight small rims and weight reductions when you guys ran? Do you honestly think a stock Z is going to pull on Emax (he had 17" rims and street tires and destroyed Nealoc's 1/8 mph let alone 1/4 trap)? And his times are pretty consitant

60' .. 2.477
330 .. 6.382
1/8 .. 9.439
MPH .. 82.38
1000 . 12.054
1/4 .. 14.269
MPH .. 101.68

Sorry but 82.38 1/8th and 101.68 with a 2.48 60ft is amazing on stock 17's and steet tires. I really don't don't see a stock z pulling on him at all and the Z might actually lose. Emax performance mods:

pulley: $200
greddy: $500
rt cat: $200
y-pipe:~$300
~total: $1200.00

and can hold with or possibly beat a Z and that is with stock 17" rims and tires? Exhaust mods and intakes have not showing any major gains on a Z yet. Actually haven't really seen any significant gains from any normally aspirated mods on a 350z. Couple of HP here and there.

Bottomline is get the video camera out and find some local 6spd max guys with at least an intake that know how to drive. Otherwise you are just assuming. Sorry but for a sports car the 350z is not fast.

Old 01-25-2003, 02:48 PM

Think Kevin would whip that GTPs AZZ? I hope so, and the person driving the 350z Should be shot..... There is no way it would get spanked...
Old 01-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Comparing a stock z to Nealoc187's times makes no sense. He had small light weight rims, slicks, and weight reductions when he ran that time once right? Did he have slicks light weight small rims and weight reductions when you guys ran? Do you honestly think a stock Z is going to pull on Emax (he had 17" rims and street tires and destroyed Nealoc's 1/8 mph let alone 1/4 trap)? And his times are pretty consitant
Amen. I like this guy, he speaks the facts.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Frosty
Think Kevin would whip that GTPs AZZ? I hope so, and the person driving the 350z Should be shot..... There is no way it would get spanked...
kevin ain't whipping **** with his car in the garage
Old 01-25-2003, 05:02 PM

I own both and I am an excellent manual driver as well as my brother we lined both of them up (both stock one with 1000 miles the other with 1200) and the Max was at the Z back bumper up to 65 and we swapped same results. The Z is fast so is the Max and neither is rocket fast like say as a Vette(I know it has a V8) thats massive highway pull as you call it!
Old 01-25-2003, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by MaxItalia

60' .. 2.477
330 .. 6.382
1/8 .. 9.439
MPH .. 82.38
1000 . 12.054
1/4 .. 14.269
MPH .. 101.68

Sorry but 82.38 1/8th and 101.68 with a 2.48 60ft is amazing on stock 17's and steet tires. I really don't don't see a stock z pulling on him at all and the Z might actually lose. Emax performance mods:

pulley: $200
greddy: $500
rt cat: $200
y-pipe:~$300
~total: $1200.00

and can hold with or possibly beat a Z and that is with stock 17" rims and tires? Exhaust mods and intakes have not showing any major gains on a Z yet. Actually haven't really seen any significant gains from any normally aspirated mods on a 350z. Couple of HP here and there.

Bottomline is get the video camera out and find some local 6spd max guys with at least an intake that know how to drive. Otherwise you are just assuming. Sorry but for a sports car the 350z is not fast.
You made no sense at all with your post. I NEVER SAID that a stock Z would beat Emax's car...his is MODDED...I said STOCK Z vs. STOCK 6-speed max....I don't see any stock 6-speed maxs running 13s...and I also don't see any trapping above 100mph. Neal's car WILL hang with a stock 6-speed maxima...there were TWO of them at the track last time Neal and I went and both of us in our bolt-on 4th gens were out trapping the 6-speeds.

And why are you sorry?? I never said the Z was "fast", I simply stated that it is faster than a stock 6-speed maxima. I didn't buy my Z for straight line speed. It's an ALL AROUND sports car...go drive one, and then go drive a max, and maybe you'll see what I mean. and I will find some 6-speed maxs locally this spring with the video camera....I'll show you guys how it's done, and I WILL prove my point.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:40 PM
MaxItalia

You made no sense at all with your post. I NEVER SAID that a stock Z would beat Emax's car...his is MODDED...I said STOCK Z vs. STOCK 6-speed max....I don't see any stock 6-speed maxs running 13s...and I also don't see any trapping above 100mph. Neal's car WILL hang with a stock 6-speed maxima...there were TWO of them at the track last time Neal and I went and both of us in our bolt-on 4th gens were out trapping the 6-speeds.

And why are you sorry?? I never said the Z was "fast", I simply stated that it is faster than a stock 6-speed maxima. I didn't buy my Z for straight line speed. It's an ALL AROUND sports car...go drive one, and then go drive a max, and maybe you'll see what I mean. and I will find some 6-speed maxs locally this spring with the video camera....I'll show you guys how it's done, and I WILL prove my point.
I'm sure the Z is a little faster than a stock 6spd max. With only $1200 in nomrmally aspirated basic bolt on mods Emax's (with lousy manifold) 4 door (5 seater) normally aspirated grocery getter will probably beat a stock (or even with intake/exhaust/no res) 2 door (2 seater )350z sports car! There is no way nealocs car is going to hang with Emax's both with street tires and reasonably sized rims. NO WAY especially on the highway 3rd gear+.
"I didn't buy my Z for straight line speed"
that is very funny since that is what people with slow cars usually say and considering it is a two sports car. Don't have to get all upset about it! Just start saving your pennies for modifications that actually increase the power of the 350z which most at this point don't!

Bottomline is that Smokin' backed it up with videos and his only mod is an intake.

Old 01-25-2003, 06:01 PM

60' .. 2.477
330 .. 6.382
1/8 .. 9.439
MPH .. 82.38
1000 . 12.054
1/4 .. 14.269
MPH .. 101.68

That time you quoted is old news. Heres my best time, with my 17's..

RT ... .552
60' .. 2.251
330 .. 5.974
1/8 .. 9.036
MPH .. 80.52
1000 . 11.660
1/4 .. 13.883
MPH .. 100.96

Briguy, your making no sense here.. Let's do a quick replay of what has been discussed here.

#1 A video is posted of a moddified maxima out running a stock 350Z

#2 You say the 350Z driver is a bad driver, had there been a good driver the Z would have beat the max.

#3 Italia defends the idea that a modidifed maxima can hang and possibly beat a stock 350Z.

#4 You reply to italia, saying you never said a stock Z could beat a modded max(me).

Well hello Briguy, a little off today? lol.. You just condradicted your self here.. In case you did not know we are comparing a moddifed maxima here, not a stock one! Where are you gettign this stock max VS 350Z comparison from? BTW You made no sense at all with your post
Old 01-25-2003, 06:06 PM
MaxItalia

Originally posted by emax95

RT ... .552
60' .. 2.251
330 .. 5.974
1/8 .. 9.036
MPH .. 80.52
1000 . 11.660
1/4 .. 13.883
MPH .. 100.96

Briguy, your making no sense here.. Let's do a quick replay of what has been discussed here.

#2 You say the 350Z driver is a bad driver, had there been a good driver the Z would have beat the max.

#3 Italia defends the idea that a modidifed maxima can hang and possibly beat a stock 350Z.

#4 You reply to italia, saying you never said a stock Z could beat a modded max(me).

Well hello Briguy, a little off today? lol.. You just condradicted your self here.. In case you did not know we are comparing a moddifed maxima here, not a stock one! Where are you gettign this stock max VS 350Z comparison from? BTW You You made no sense at all with your post
Even if the Z has an intake, no res and exhaust there are very minimal gains to be had since it is quite optimized from the factory (the prices being asked for exhaust are hillarious to say the least!). Once you get your manifold project let alone headers done I just don't see any normally aspirated Z beating you without the Z with major weight reduction and all bolt ons that actually do something. And even if the Z was faster it would be very very close run. Not bad for a normally aspirated FRONT WHEEL DRIVE 4 door 5 seater v6 grocery getter! If I actually owned a Z (and won't until they are turbo from factory if ever) I would be a little upset too.

Old 01-25-2003, 06:42 PM

Modded GTP's must catch a lot of people off-guard, especially the imports. Yeah, I love the sound of the SC whine. I guess most people here haven't heard one before.

Originally posted by GTP4UNME
"The engine sounds horrible"

You haven't heard blower whine? Have you ever listend to a Lightning with an intake, or any car with a Roots type supercharger?? Thats what they sound like, most people love it, maybe it loses something in the video I dunno.
Tim
Old 01-25-2003, 07:07 PM

If you guys actually watched the video and knew something about different cars you would have realized that the Z in question was poorly driven. The guy driving clearly missed a few shifts. I think that a properly driven Z with miles on it would smoke Emax from any type of race.

Some of you guys on here are too "maxima loyal". The Z is clearly a better performance platform. Yes it is cool to see a 4 door grocery getter hanging with one, just like its cool to see a M5 hanging with a vette. When it comes down to it all, the Corvette is a better performer when it counts.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:13 PM

Properly driven?????????
You mean like a driver in the top 10% of drivers. Emax on average with his car will beat the AVERAGE Z driver.
And yes Emax is a very good driver.
Your average Z driver is getting low 14's so your calling the AVERAGE driver and his car "not properly driven" Get over that a 13.8 second max CAN beat most of the Z's.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:22 PM
MaxItalia

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
If you guys actually watched the video and knew something about different cars you would have realized that the Z in question was poorly driven. The guy driving clearly missed a few shifts. I think that a properly driven Z with miles on it would smoke Emax from any type of race.

Some of you guys on here are too "maxima loyal". The Z is clearly a better performance platform. Yes it is cool to see a 4 door grocery getter hanging with one, just like its cool to see a M5 hanging with a vette. When it comes down to it all, the Corvette is a better performer when it counts.
Comparing an M5 to a Vette? Sorry if I own a 2 door sports car it should be faster than a 4 door family (5 seater) car with the exact same engine. The first year of the Z shows it needs major improvments like in power! Nice looking car, handles well, good braking but relatively slow and impratical. Might as well get a g35 coupe for basically the same performance, more room, more refined and looks better. Bottomline is that Z has a hard time beating a Max with just an intake let alone full bolt ons. Not impressed!

Old 01-25-2003, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by emax95

RT ... .552
60' .. 2.251
330 .. 5.974
1/8 .. 9.036
MPH .. 80.52
1000 . 11.660
1/4 .. 13.883
MPH .. 100.96

Well hello Briguy, a little off today? lol.. You just condradicted your self here.. In case you did not know we are comparing a moddifed maxima here, not a stock one! Where are you gettign this stock max VS 350Z comparison from? BTW You made no sense at all with your post
Emax,
how am I contradicting myself?? I NEVER stated that a Z would beat your car, not even in the beginning. Your car was NOT the topic of this thread until MaxItalia made it the subject. I was under the impression that Odum's car was stock...I'm so sorry I don't keep track of EVERYONES mods on the .org.

Now onto the subject of your car vs. a Z. Don't kid yourself dude...your car traps what an AVERAGE 350Z traps. Don't think that you'll be "running" away from Zs with your "killer" 100.xx mph traps. As soon as it gets a little warmer and the tracks up north open up (where theres not an a$$load of humidity) then I'll bet we'll be seeing plenty of Zs runing mid to high 13s in the 102-104mph trap range. The car has only been out for 6 months. Now until you actually RUN a 350Z and BEAT it, I would suggest you and your little "possy" on here stop talking ****....

And BTW...the max in the vid did NOT outrun the 350Z...so it looks like you need to get your facts straight.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:25 PM
MaxItalia

Now onto the subject of your car vs. a Z. Don't kid yourself dude...your car traps what an AVERAGE 350Z traps. Don't think that you'll be "running" away from Zs with your "killer" 100.xx mph traps. As soon as it gets a little warmer and the tracks up north open up (where theres not an a$$load of humidity) then I'll bet we'll be seeing plenty of Zs runing mid to high 13s in the 102-104mph trap range. The car has only been out for 6 months. Now until you actually RUN a 350Z and BEAT it, I would suggest you and your little "possy" on here stop talking ****....

And BTW...the max in the vid did NOT outrun the 350Z...so it looks like you need to get your facts straight.
Please post all timeslips of stock Z's? No magazine times! Actual times by real people with real timeslips and all the details. Please post those "average" times up?

Old 01-25-2003, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by KL99SEA
Properly driven?????????
You mean like a driver in the top 10% of drivers. Emax on average with his car will beat the AVERAGE Z driver.
And yes Emax is a very good driver.
Your average Z driver is getting low 14's so your calling the AVERAGE driver and his car "not properly driven" Get over that a 13.8 second max CAN beat most of the Z's.
Riight dude
Old 01-25-2003, 07:49 PM

Comparing an M5 to a Vette? Sorry if I own a 2 door sports car it should be faster than a 4 door family (5 seater) car with the exact same engine. The first year of the Z shows it needs major improvments like in power! Nice looking car, handles well, good braking but relatively slow and impratical. Might as well get a g35 coupe for basically the same performance, more room, more refined and looks better. Bottomline is that Z has a hard time beating a Max with just an intake let alone full bolt ons. Not impressed!
Yup the Z needs more power....just like the Boxter S needs more power, and the S2000 needs more power. DUDE...the Z is a sports car, it wasn't designed for drag racing, just like the other two cars I mentioned it was built to have a decent amount of power which I can tell you is PLENTY, and handle like it's on rails. The Z will absolutely destroy a maxima in any performance test short of pure straight line acceleration.

Why do you think people buy Vettes when they could have an F-body with the SAME MOTOR for almost half the cash??? You just don't get it.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:56 PM
MaxItalia

Yup the Z needs more power....just like the Boxter S needs more power, and the S2000 needs more power. DUDE...the Z is a sports car, it wasn't designed for drag racing, just like the other two cars I mentioned it was built to have a decent amount of power which I can tell you is PLENTY, and handle like it's on rails. The Z will absolutely destroy a maxima in any performance test short of pure straight line acceleration.

Why do you think people buy Vettes when they could have an F-body with the SAME MOTOR for almost half the cash??? You just don't get it.
Still waiting for those timeslips and details of Z owners running 13's average in stock 350z??? mid-Low 14's high 13's at absolute best simply isn't fast. Your going to get raped by a lot of cars.

Old 01-25-2003, 07:59 PM

The Z needs no major improvements. The Z is made to be quick acceleration wise, but also handles well and brakes well. The same could not be said for the Maxima. Again, quit trying to defend the Maxima...its clearly inferior in every performance measure.

How about you guys quit talking #hit and take your Maximas to a real track to see how inferior its front wheel drive is and how the weight bias makes it understeer through corners. This will show you how inferior a Maxima is to a Z.......Again, quit being so loyal to the Maxima.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:01 PM

Still waiting for those timeslips and details of Z owners running 13's average in stock 350z??? mid-Low 14's high 13's at absolute best simply isn't fast. Your going to get raped by a lot of cars.
And most 6 spd Maximas are running high 14s, whats your point. That in my book isnt quick.....And on the same respect I believe that my car isnt fast either. A lot of people on this forum havent driven a truely fast car(12s or faster).
Old 01-25-2003, 08:02 PM
MaxItalia

The Z needs no major improvements. The Z is made to be quick acceleration wise, but also handles well and brakes well. The same could not be said for the Maxima. Again, quit trying to defend the Maxima...its clearly inferior in every performance measure.

How about you guys quit talking #hit and take your Maximas to a real track to see how inferior its front wheel drive is and how the weight bias makes it understeer through corners. This will show you how inferior a Maxima is to a Z.......Again, quit being so loyal to the Maxima.
Still waiting for those timeslips and details of Z owners running 13's average in stock 350z??? mid-Low 14's high 13's at absolute best simply isn't fast. Sorry this is 2003 and low 14's for a "sports car" doesn't cut it! New Neons will be running those times.

Old 01-25-2003, 08:07 PM

Still waiting for those timeslips and details of Z owners running 13's average in stock 350z??? mid-Low 14's high 13's at absolute best simply isn't fast. Sorry this is 2003 and low 14's for a "sports car" doesn't cut it! New Neons will be running those times.
You dont know what the definition of a sports car is......Acceleration isnt the only criteria that makes a sports car.

Quit while your ahead, your digging yourself a hole.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:20 PM
MaxItalia

You dont know what the definition of a sports car is......Acceleration isnt the only criteria that makes a sports car.

Quit while your ahead, your digging yourself a hole.
Still waiting for those timeslips and details of Z owners running 13's average in stock 350z??? If I owned a Z 6spd and could not pull on a normally aspriated Maxima let alone altima with a few bolt ons I would be upset and looking for excuses too.

Old 01-25-2003, 08:22 PM
vqman

The Z needs no major improvements.
but isn't it going to get a turbo in a year or two?

Because most [gasp] street racing [/gasp] occurs in a straight line, I think the Z does need more power. If someone has an automatic Z, and decides to get frisky with my 2k3 6 speed, the'll be in for a good ride. (if I street raced).

If we have a grocery getting sedan almost as fast as our sports car, something is wrong. Either the Maxima is to fast, or the Z is too slow. and I don't want them to make the Maxima any slower, so I hope they make the Z faster.

-vq

ps. I know handling, driving dynamics helps make the Z a MUCH better performer than the Max...you just don't get to use that stop-light to stop-light...

Old 01-25-2003, 08:28 PM
MaxItalia

Originally posted by VQMAN

but isn't it going to get a turbo in a year or two?

Because most [gasp] street racing [/gasp] occurs in a straight line, I think the Z does need more power. If someone has an automatic Z, and decides to get frisky with my 2k3 6 speed, the'll be in for a good ride. (if I street raced).

If we have a grocery getting sedan almost as fast as our sports car, something is wrong. Either the Maxima is to fast, or the Z is too slow. and I don't want them to make the Maxima any slower, so I hope they make the Z faster.

-vq

ps. I know handling, driving dynamics helps make the Z a MUCH better performer than the Max...you just don't get to use that stop-light to stop-light...
Exactly! Very well said!
Smokin' proved it with videos. Emax with timeslips. Briguy with assumptions.

Old 01-25-2003, 08:44 PM

Blah blah blah....You guys are just green with envy wishing you COULD have bought a Z instead of a maxima...I'm defintely glad I got rid of my maxima and stopping wasting my money on a car that had VERY LITTLE performance potential unless I was willing to dump 10 grand into the damn thing. Sure you can make a maxima quick, but that doesn't change the fact that is is still front wheel drive, has a weak stock clutch, soft suspension, numb steering, horrible brakes, and a host of other deficiencies.

I really don't care if there are maximas that are faster in a straight line than my Z, or even if a stock maxima can "hang" with a Z. The plain fact is that the Z has class, it's a head turner, and about the greatest sports car value under 40 grand.

This is the same as the f-body vs. the vette. Sure they may be similiar in straight line speed, but the vette is SO MUCH MORE car than the f-body could EVER be.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:48 PM

Man, someone's getting thier panties in a bunch...
Old 01-25-2003, 09:06 PM

This thread is a waste of server space...Too many people on this forum are concerned only with 1/4 times.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:17 PM

Emax,
how am I contradicting myself?? I NEVER stated that a Z would beat your car, not even in the beginning. Your car was NOT the topic of this thread until MaxItalia made it the subject. I was under the impression that Odum's car was stock...

You are cunfused about the chain of events here, I tried explaining it to you but now your even more confused, let's just drop it..

I'm so sorry I don't keep track of EVERYONES mods on the .org.
No problemo, maybe next time you can glance at a persons sig before you coment on a race?

Now onto the subject of your car vs. a Z. Don't kid yourself dude...your car traps what an AVERAGE 350Z traps. Don't think that you'll be "running" away from Zs with your "killer" 100.xx mph traps.
WTH are you talking about? Don't kid my self? When did I say I would be "running away" from a Z? Are you ok over there? Drop the fanatasy and make beleive lines please. I NEVER said any thing of the sort

As soon as it gets a little warmer and the tracks up north open up (where theres not an a$$load of humidity) then I'll bet we'll be seeing plenty of Zs runing mid to high 13s in the 102-104mph trap range.The car has only been out for 6 months.
Hey I pretty much agree, I suspect to see a 13.6-13.7 out of a stock Z @ 102 MPH.

Now until you actually RUN a 350Z and BEAT it, I would suggest you and your little "possy" on here stop talking ****....
Ohh boy, listen to your self dude.. Let's see here, where is this eleged possy of mine? Looks like you created yet another fantasy..
And I'm talking §hit here now too? LOL! Please show me where I talked §hit, I would LOVE to see it!

Ohh excuse me.. But when a car is moving at a higher rate of speed then another car it is OUT RUNNING it.. So please get your facts straight, and please stop making things up in your head, it's really not healthy..
Old 01-25-2003, 09:26 PM

I hate to play into this whole emax VS well driven Z scenerio.. But, saying a well driven Z would smoke me is pretty harsh. Kindly find me a NA 350Z timeslip that smokes me.. Have fun looking, I have yet to see a single 350Z run faster then me, surely atleast ONE was well driven

I don't even consider my self a great driver, a good driver, yes. My 60 foots still have room for improvent. If I can get my 60' down to a 2.15 I would run a 13.6. Come this spring I plan to make this a reality.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:40 PM
RussMaxManiac

This is too funny. I remember the day when Bri was ****ed at me for saying stuff about my current car, whatever car I owned was best. ****, he is doing it himself even worse!!

Personally I think Emax's mods would walk away from a Z. Thats IMHO what I believe. A stock 6spd Max vs a Stock 6spd Z, would be a close race, but the Z should walk. SHOULD as I say.

I rather own a G before a damn Z personally.