5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Aftermarket Wood Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 01:12 AM

Aftermarket Wood Trim?

Has anyone here ever done Aftermarket wood trim on a brown/tan interior? I have a 2k maxima perl with tan/brown interior.

What were your thoughts? Do you regret it?

I've seen some that don't look good, while others look nice.
Old 02-02-2003, 05:11 AM

Re: Aftermarket Wood Trim?

Originally posted by 2kSeattleMax
Has anyone here ever done Aftermarket wood trim on a brown/tan interior? I have a 2k maxima perl with tan/brown interior.

I haven't seen Brown/tan, but I've done mine, which is the black leather interior, and absolutly love it ! I bought a 9 piece kit (Molded, NOT flat) in Medium Burl color for about 200 bucks. The pieces were easy to install, and fit perfect. Looks like the real thing, very happy with it!

John
Old 02-02-2003, 07:36 AM

I also have black leather and installed my 41 piece flat kit from joshua tree. They use real wood so it looks great. I'm sure it would look great on your interior also. Look at my homepage for tons of pics and a writeup.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I got the marble dash trim in my 2k2 max cause i have black and grey interior, my bro got medium burlwood dash in his 2k2 max with tan interior. check out autoaccessorystore.com they are good quality and a godd price.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:20 AM

That marble dash kit looks sick... I've been looking for something just like that since I got my car a 18 months ago.

It looks so subtle, that it looks stock!!

Thanks for reminding me to continue looking!!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:33 AM

I'm hunting for someone with a tan/brown interior. My friend got a new acura-tl TypeS and it came with that black marble interior stock. Yours looks great.

The challenge is, do I go with molded aluminum or wood? I'm thinking wood look nice matching the brown interior and two-tone leatherseats.com interior I have. However, I want to make sure it looks stock and compliments the leather instead of stand out. Some of the wood interiors look bright colored almost reddish in hue.

Keeps the pics coming. Those look good!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm hunting for someone with a tan/brown interior. My friend got a new acura-tl TypeS and it came with that black marble interior stock. Yours looks great.

The challenge is, do I go with molded aluminum or wood? I'm thinking wood look nice matching the brown interior and two-tone leatherseats.com interior I have. However, I want to make sure it looks stock and compliments the leather instead of stand out. Some of the wood interiors look bright colored almost reddish in hue.

Keeps the pics coming. Those look good!
I have the Italian burl in my 2k w/tan interior. I loved it before I actually installed it, and then regretted it. It is starting to grow on me but I am looking for a good molded aluminum kit to replace it with.