5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SS Brake lines and Axxis Metal Master rear pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 10:58 AM

SS Brake lines and Axxis Metal Master rear pads

I have read quite a bit regarding brake upgrades and it seems the best bang for the buck is Goodridge Stainless Steel lines, ATE Superblue brake fluid, and Axxis Metal Master rear pads. I currently do not need front pads.

I will probably order from eatricezone.com, their prices are pretty good and it will help another org member(Phoung), and have them installed locally. Can anyone give me their opinions on this setup or their evaluations? Thanks in advance

B.C.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: SS Brake lines and Axxis Metal Master rear pads

Originally posted by Blackgums100
I have read quite a bit regarding brake upgrades and it seems the best bang for the buck is Goodridge Stainless Steel lines, ATE Superblue brake fluid, and Axxis Metal Master rear pads. I currently do not need front pads.

I will probably order from eatricezone.com, their prices are pretty good and it will help another org member(Phoung), and have them installed locally. Can anyone give me their opinions on this setup or their evaluations? Thanks in advance

B.C.
Do it. I ordered some metal masters from Phuong on Thursday afternoon and he got the order out within an hour or so. I got them on wednesday and they're awesome. The dealer wanted to charge 99 for front oem pads, which made Phuong's prices much nicer
Old 02-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

B.C.
I bought Stillen cross drilled rear rotors, ATE Superblue, SS lines and Axxis pads from Phuong over an year ago. I like the set up a lot. I should've gotten Stillen rotors and Axxis pads for front too. Get the entire set in you can. They are much better than Nissan's and they look nice too.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:25 PM

B.C.
If you are getting axxis pads i suggest you get them all around. I put axxis ultimate rear pads on first for the same reason and didn't notice much. I latter put on rotors and front pads and it made a huge difference. Also, I think you will notice a lot more from rotors than lines.

As for a dealer, i would suggest www.raceconcepts.net. SS lines are $85, ATE is 10/bottle, and rotors are 100 for 2 and 200 for 4 (done any way you like). I don’t remember what their pads cost. I have their slotted front rotors, lines, and ate in my garage, but I haven’t installed yet.

If you do get rotors DO NOT get $TILLEN cross-drilled (or any x-drilled for that matter). I bought stillen front rotors and they have cracks all over them. I haven’t even gone 5000 miles on them; its only been a few months.

Just my .02