5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Generation Dead Pedal Idea

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 11:35 AM

5th Generation Dead Pedal Idea

Just want to run this by you guys....tell me what you think...

I was thinking of letting you guys come up with a design/pattern for the 5th generation Maxima that will be custom fit for your car exactly. For those of you not interested in duplicating the Z pedal, get together design it to your specific size needs and hole pattern that you would like to see in your car.

I do a fantastic brushed and clear coated finish to protect the aluminum. I just did one for a guy in Honalulu...he sent me the pattern on the email with all of the specific measurements and I laid it out on cardboard.. Will be making it this weekend

Let me know what you think...

Thanks Bill
Old 02-13-2003, 12:49 PM

Ive been thinking alot about the 'drilling into the metal' problem. Would it be possible, to create a second piece of metal/plastic/rubber the same width and length as the pedal however it is only 1/4 inch thick (or less). In the four corners where the holes would go, you stick/affix a 2 to 4 inch long plastic shaft with thread inside. This shaft would fit into the hole of the brushed aluminum and the rubber pad which you already make.

Assentially, you would sandwich the carpet between this new piece of plastic and the bottom of YOUR 350z dead pedal replica. I know it is easier to just place a nut on the end or drill through the metal, but for those who don't want this would it be possible?

I think the only materials needed would be the extra piece of plastic and some type shaft (much like the ones you shove in drywall from home depot).
Old 02-13-2003, 01:21 PM

2002MaxSE LOL you still on this??? LOL Why don't you trust me on the it will stay in the pad behind the carpet..

What i could do...is add another back plate for behind the carpet...same as the origional backplate. I charge 5 dollars for the back plate...so the extra one would bring the total to 30 Bucks.

The pedal by itself is 20 bucks..the back plate is 5. The backplate is something that I incorporated after making the pedals with the holes punched.

There are a lot of Alti's running around with the normal instal..I have had no complaints>>.What ever you want to do.

At leats someone responded to my offer....but oh well..I though it was a good idea
Old 02-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry Wild *****, I don't know what I was thinking, but should have gotten you to make me one instead of ordering one from Courtesy Nissan. A fellow orger is always better than Courtesy.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:55 PM

No problem Wildmanal....Keep me in mind on you next max

Maybe they will have one in them though...and you won't have to **** with such trivial stuff that should have been in there form the factory
Old 02-14-2003, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by wild *****
No problem Wildmanal....Keep me in mind on you next max

Maybe they will have one in them though...and you won't have to **** with such trivial stuff that should have been in there form the factory
Sup wild "man" *****. I sent you an e-mail regarding about your 350Z replica dead pedal. Do you have any other "TOP SECRET" mods for altimas as well as maximas your working on???
Old 02-14-2003, 02:48 AM

Originally posted by clipse

Sup wild "man" *****. I sent you an e-mail regarding about your 350Z replica dead pedal. Do you have any other "TOP SECRET" mods for altimas as well as maximas your working on???
I made some brushed aluminum door accent pieces for my alti to match my dead pedal...they are on my car but still in the "pupa" stages now. I am always look for ways to fix my cheap *** interior....You guys do not have to worry about that.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by wild *****

I made some brushed aluminum door accent pieces for my alti to match my dead pedal...they are on my car but still in the "pupa" stages now. I am always look for ways to fix my cheap *** interior....You guys do not have to worry about that.
Man,I wish I was innovative as you.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:21 AM

There are a lot of Alti's running around with the normal instal..I have had no complaints>>.What ever you want to do.

I'm thinking LONG term. I will probably have this car for 10 years. I currently have a 91 Explorer in the stable and it also has the black rubber backing behind the carpet. There is a slight hole near the fire wall where the curve part of the clutch arm hits it. No problems the first 5 years, it has now split wide open. This is due to the cold and hot applied over years. The rubber tends to dry out and become less flexible.

Would you drill holes in the back plate or could you make the hollow tube I mentioned? Just need sometype of jacket to screw the screw in that will also slide into the pedal you create.