5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 08:32 AM

Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

Late Friday night I put on the Cattman/Progress RSB, and I think it is well worth the $110.00 that it's selling for currently.

Installation was pretty simple. The provided instructions were okay, but I used those in addition to the write-up done by olincoles a while back. Only one part during the installation took a bit more muscle than usual, but otherwise, it went smoothly. I took the car out for a spin the next day and it was fun. Body roll is definately cut down now. And no 'thunk' noise as some people complain about with the Addco RSB.

If you are leaving your suspension pretty much stock, then the least you can do is get an RSB and FSTB. That's what I did, and now I'm satisfied. And for $110.00 shipped, how can you beat that?
Old 02-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

Originally posted by KennyLau
Late Friday night I put on the Cattman/Progress RSB, and I think it is well worth the $110.00 that it's selling for currently.

Installation was pretty simple. The provided instructions were okay, but I used those in addition to the write-up done by olincoles a while back. Only one part during the installation took a bit more muscle than usual, but otherwise, it went smoothly. I took the car out for a spin the next day and it was fun. Body roll is definately cut down now. And no 'thunk' noise as some people complain about with the Addco RSB.

If you are leaving your suspension pretty much stock, then the least you can do is get an RSB and FSTB. That's what I did, and now I'm satisfied. And for $110.00 shipped, how can you beat that?

I've bought mine as well and it'll be here on Monday/Tuesday. Can you link me to the write-up by olincoles? I searched but I couldnt find it. Also, my friend said that if I didnt lower my car the RSB is pretty much useless. Is that true?

~limsandy
Old 02-23-2003, 04:29 PM

Re: Re: Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

Originally posted by limsandy

I've bought mine as well and it'll be here on Monday/Tuesday. Can you link me to the write-up by olincoles? I searched but I couldnt find it. Also, my friend said that if I didnt lower my car the RSB is pretty much useless. Is that true?

~limsandy
No, it's not true. What I heard (and people on the .Org confirmed) is that the RSTB (Rear Strut Tower Bar) is useless unless you've got an aftermarket suspension. The RSB and the FSTB are great mods.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

I got a RSB commin in the mail soon...can't wait to put it on
Old 02-23-2003, 07:31 PM

Re: Re: Cattman/Progress RSB Installed

Originally posted by limsandy
Here is the link to olincoles write-up:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....&highlight=rsb

From what I've read and have been told, an RSB is good for people who leave their suspension more or less stock. If you lower your car, the effects of an RSB aren't felt as much, and some would say aren't felt at all. So if you plan on lowering your car, you might want to put that money into springs, shocks, struts, etc.

Like I mentioned before, I personally don't intend on doing more to my suspension other than the FSTB I put on months ago and then the RSB I just recently got, so that works for me. I can feel the effects. And even my sister rode in the back seat today, and she confirmed that it did feel better. Don't expect a night-and-day difference, but a really good improvement.