5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

If you ever get tired of, or fed up with your Max...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 08:12 AM
jjs

If you ever get tired of, or fed up with your Max...

go get a rental car!!!

Trust me, took my Max into the shop for some minor bodywork over the next couple of days. Got an Accord LX (not the brand new one). Talk about plasticy and I thought the road noise in the Max was high!! Fortunately it sounded like a bearing was going on it so I swapped it out for a Grand Prix. Another reason to appreciate your Max!! God I hate those buttons/controls GM puts in cars. Looks like ***** off some Playschool toy. And it just feels cramped inside.

Short end of the story...if the Max just doesn't seem to be what you are happy with...get a rental for a couple days. You will look at your car in a whole different way!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: If you ever get tired of, or fed up with your Max...

Originally posted by jjs
go get a rental car!!!

Trust me, took my Max into the shop for some minor bodywork over the next couple of days. Got an Accord LX (not the brand new one). Talk about plasticy and I thought the road noise in the Max was high!! Fortunately it sounded like a bearing was going on it so I swapped it out for a Grand Prix. Another reason to appreciate your Max!! God I hate those buttons/controls GM puts in cars. Looks like ***** off some Playschool toy. And it just feels cramped inside.

Short end of the story...if the Max just doesn't seem to be what you are happy with...get a rental for a couple days. You will look at your car in a whole different way!
Yup. That will do it. A few weeks ago, my car was at the dealer for a few days for the clutch TSB and I had a 95 Altima GXE Auto (PURPLE!!) with 110,000 miles as a loaner. Needless to say, I was sooo glad to get my car back.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:00 AM

I had my max in for warranty work when my windshield cracked, and they gave me a rental mid ninties SATURN!

Yeah, what a friggin pile of junk. 4 cylinders sohc, 3 speed auto tranny of DOOM. I think it had all of 115 hp. Plastic body panels, key wouldn't turn in ignition without pumping the brake and turning wheel. MANUAL windows and door locks. (They still make those?)

Smelly cloth interior. BOY was I glad to get back in my max.

I asked for a manual, but they didn't have any... poo.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by jjs
God I hate those buttons/controls GM puts in cars. Looks like ***** off some Playschool toy.
Except the ***** in GM cars wouldn't pass QC @ Playschool!!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by jjs
go get a rental car!!!

i knew your answer before i read your post. renting a car makes you appreciate your max. and if you ride in a friends car it makes you appreciate how much you love your max.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Maxima Pilot

Not even a rental car..a few weeks ago a

friend took me to lunch in her brand new stick-shift 325i and it sucked big time....I was very, VERY unimpressed. Very harsh ride, noisy, cramped, very low gearing -1st gear almost felt like a truck gear- and s-l-o-w compared to even my 3-liter Max.

I drove home that evening with an ear-to-ear grin....