5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Max Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2001, 09:00 PM

Well I just ordered my Max this week. I was able to order mine with their next incoming shipment, but I do have to wait until end of March - early April. I'm thinking more towards the end of April, but the dealer didn't think so. I ordered it because I just graduated from college and would like to get some $ before I start to fork over car payments!!

The first dealership I visited tried charging me a $950 dealership charge! He told me it went to the guys delivering the Max, the people/supplies to wash the car and the salesman. I told him BS. So he scratched it and tried to sneak it back on at the end ($400 PID charge and $550 dealer). I asked him what PID stood for and he changed the subject. I argued with him to no avail and then laughed and began to walk out. He said "don't you won't the salesman and people washing your car to get paid?". I said "Yes, but $950 is absurd". So I started to walk again and he once again stopped me, but I told him I was done doing business with him and left.

So I went to another dealership close to my home who I had talked to before and they didn't add in any BS charges. So I talked him down a bit and tried to get more for my trade-in. He was extremely reasonable so I took his offer.

I'm not sure what MOD's I might do, but I guess I better wait until I get the car before I even start thinking about that! Ohhhh, this is going to be a long couple of months.......
Old 01-11-2001, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by mjb2123
Well I just ordered my Max this week. I was able to order mine with their next incoming shipment, but I do have to wait until end of March - early April. I'm thinking more towards the end of April, but the dealer didn't think so. I ordered it because I just graduated from college and would like to get some $ before I start to fork over car payments!!

The first dealership I visited tried charging me a $950 dealership charge! He told me it went to the guys delivering the Max, the people/supplies to wash the car and the salesman. I told him BS. So he scratched it and tried to sneak it back on at the end ($400 PID charge and $550 dealer). I asked him what PID stood for and he changed the subject. I argued with him to no avail and then laughed and began to walk out. He said "don't you won't the salesman and people washing your car to get paid?". I said "Yes, but $950 is absurd". So I started to walk again and he once again stopped me, but I told him I was done doing business with him and left.

So I went to another dealership close to my home who I had talked to before and they didn't add in any BS charges. So I talked him down a bit and tried to get more for my trade-in. He was extremely reasonable so I took his offer.

I'm not sure what MOD's I might do, but I guess I better wait until I get the car before I even start thinking about that! Ohhhh, this is going to be a long couple of months.......
Way to go! I couldn't have done it better myself! I hope you like your Maxima and may it be full of mods in a couple of months
Old 01-11-2001, 09:22 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Why does it take so long for a car that's on special order to arrive? My cousin ordered a 2001 Rav4 back in October and it never came. Instead he bought a V6 Tacoma 4X4.
Old 01-11-2001, 09:50 PM
Maxx Atlanta

Man, we got plenty on the lots in...

Atlanta. You wouldn't have to order here! just pick one out an your done with! But if you want to stall the time to gather more cash, then "Ain't Nothin Wrong With That".

Old 01-11-2001, 09:54 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Congrats! Don't let us influence too much.
Old 01-12-2001, 02:47 AM
Got Bent?

Welcome and congratulations on the new car...
Old 01-12-2001, 07:09 AM

Watch out for Y2KevSE
He's the evil one j/j
Welcome and enjoy your new ride