5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

All-Season Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:29 AM

All-Season Floor Mats

Found a few posts on this topic from a while back, and thought I'd share on my impressions of these things.....

Picked-up a set of 4 Nissan All-season floor mats for my max yesterday. The fronts fit perfectly and are very heavy duty - they also have deep grooves for trapping dirt,crud, etc.

I'm not too impressed with the fit/shape of the rear mats, as they are too small to fit the exact contour of the rear foot wells - but they are adequate I suppose. Can't believe they fit so poorly considering the fronts are EXACT....???

For the $53 retail price, I'd say these were a pretty good buy, as I tried to fit a set of Road & Track el-cheapos in my cockpit the other day, and was REALLY disappointed with the fit - so i took 'em back.
Per mat, they were the SAME price as the Nissans....about $13 each.

If you're tired of ruining your interior carpet/floor mats, pick-up a set of these from your local dealer....it's well worth it!!
They'll probably last longer than the car itself.

g.r.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:41 AM

My wife and I bought the Car & Driver mats for about $13 a piece. They fit well on the passenger side, but need some trim work on the driver side. The mats come with preset grooves that you can trace when you cut them down to size. For the price we are pretty happy with them. The rear mats are much cheaper, like $5 a piece, but no one rides back there so we aren't going to worry about it.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:11 AM

got pics?
Old 03-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any pictures. Sounds like a good price
Old 03-06-2003, 12:10 PM

Re: All-Season Floor Mats

Now all you need is the rubber trunk mat.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:15 PM

Does such a thing exist? I just got a 2000 Maxima last month and plan to do a lot of fishing out of it. Well I won't actually be fishing from the car but you know what I mean.

My last car was a Protege so I used to just turn the car upside down to dump the sand out. Can't do that with the Max.

If there is a custom fit rubber trunk mat for the Maxima, I can just take it out and hose it off after each trip.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:31 PM

Max Mats

NOt sure if someone asked me for pics or the R/T versions....in any case i don't have a digicam yet - so, no.

Check out Courtesy Nissan, there is a pic posted there.

As info -- courtesy wanted $53 + $13 s+h, somebody before me suggested Tustin Nissan.....they wanted $43.50 (w/ .org discount) + $10 s+h.
I figured for $54 + tax from the local guy, I could have them for about the same $$, NOW.
And thus, logic prevailed.

As for cutting the R/T's -- the ones I got didn't need cutting, they were too small to cover the whole carpet area - and that's just not good enough for my ****-retentive self....!!

I had forgotten about the Trunk mat -- ok, so I'd LIKE to have it, but I don't NEED it!!

g.r.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:47 PM

Re: Max Mats

Originally posted by ghostrider17
NOt sure if someone asked me for pics or the R/T versions....in any case i don't have a digicam yet - so, no.

Check out Courtesy Nissan, there is a pic posted there.

As info -- courtesy wanted $53 + $13 s+h, somebody before me suggested Tustin Nissan.....they wanted $43.50 (w/ .org discount) + $10 s+h.
I figured for $54 + tax from the local guy, I could have them for about the same $$, NOW.
And thus, logic prevailed.

As for cutting the R/T's -- the ones I got didn't need cutting, they were too small to cover the whole carpet area - and that's just not good enough for my ****-retentive self....!!

I had forgotten about the Trunk mat -- ok, so I'd LIKE to have it, but I don't NEED it!!

g.r.

$47.29 from www.nissan-accessories.com with free UPS shipping.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by WahooJames
Does such a thing exist? I just got a 2000 Maxima last month and plan to do a lot of fishing out of it. Well I won't actually be fishing from the car but you know what I mean.
www.weathertech.com

They sell custom-fit rubber cargo liners for the 5th generation Maxima. It's selling for $90.00.

There was mention here a while back about a Yahoo! store that sold a similar item for $50.00. I can't seem to find that message. Maybe someone else will have better luck with the search function?
Old 03-06-2003, 06:43 PM

I got the road and track for a truck I think (Target) and they fit the six exact, with a slight tuck in by the gas pedal stop.

Pros againtst the nissan rubber mats:
- deeper grooves and surrounding edges, traps more muck and snow better than the nissan mat.
- cleans easier than the nissan mat, but the OE mats are black so doesn't matter much.

Cons against OE mats:
- harder than the OE mats (I drive bare-footed sometimes in the summer from the beach)
- they have a slight gap underneath the gas pedal area and opposite side but for the passenger.
- they come in semi transparent only

my 0.02c

water-cooled twin-turbo dreams
SHIFT_woosh