5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bose VS Conventional Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 12:40 AM
RBa

I purchased my Maxima with the Bose audio system and then added 2 Kenwood subs and an amp. I noticed that it's cheaper an better to just get the stock audio and change to a custom audio.
I had a 95 GXE before my 2K. I spent about $1000 customizing my stereo. I had a complete 8 speaker surround sound system. It sounded pretty good. You would of noticed my car a block away.Unfortunately, It's final days were arriving so I traded it in for the 2K.
The first thing I did when I got in my new car was blast the stereo. I was disappointed with the Bose system. Seven speaker crap.! Was the subwoofer suppose to sound so terrible. Yeah I was rockin!?. There was absolutely no bass coming from the speakers. I guess I was too used to my old stereo.
Luckily I didn't sell the Subs/box and amp ihad from my previous car. I got it installed through the dealer along with tints and a security system. Now I know that you never do anything through the dealer except buy your vehicle.
Everytime I pressed the uhnlock button, the trunk would open and my grandma would of done a better job with the amp and the subs.
I had to go to a Stereo place that I knew around my neighborhood to fix all the problems I was having with the electrical system.
I sued the dealer *******s afterwards and it was settled with free packages and options and installation fees. I sued the dealer because there were other problems besides this as well. Like my insurance being canceled because they didn't register my car on time & ETC..
While they were fixing all the problems the guy convinced me on a bigger amp. Besides the subs thumping during powering on or off, It sounded okay at first but it's still not the same as b4.
Don't spend an extra 2 to 3 grand getting the Bose package. It's better to customize it your self. Especially the GXE which comes with a single din stereo.
One funny thing happened the other day. I saw the salesman that sold me my car in the newspaper. He wasn't in an add. There was a headline mentioning him as a charlatan.