5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Caught HID thief last night!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 09:16 AM

Caught HID thief last night!

Last night I got back from the bars around 1:30 am and parked my 03 Max outside (not in the garage) because I washed my 98 Max yesterday and wanted to keep it in my tiny 1 car garage. Anywho, I was about to go to bed when the sensor lights in my driveway turned on. I looked out my bedroom window and saw a shady looking dude crouching by my car. He had a crowbar and was standing by my headlights. Instantly I knew what his intentions were. I called 911 and in the mean time,I decided to get even with this guy. I went out my backdoor, snuck around the driveway, and ran up to this dude. I tackled him to the ground (4 years of high school football paid out) and surprised the hell out of him. This guy was pretty tiny (about 5"9, 160 lbs) and I sat on top of him until the cops showed up. Needless to say, I had a few choice words for him and asked him why he was doing this but he never said a word. The cops had a good laugh about the whole things and they charged him with tresspassing and burgalary. I hope that this jerkoff gets his and tells other HID thieves to stay away from Max owners because they shouldn't be messed with!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

good job protecting yourself but it may be wise to leave the physical stuff to those armed and trained to react if needed to "shady characters"

glad things turned out ok though...just watch the area for a bit cause he may be back around.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:32 AM

Ok, great job sitting on the guy. However, what are you going to do if he decides to pay your house a visit after he gets out of jail in a month? I don't think your method of protecting your car was very smart, but you do what you gotta do. I would of knocked him out from behind and left him there. Or sprayed him in the eyes with some junk
Old 03-08-2003, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by krazyd
I would of knocked him out from behind and left him there. Or sprayed him in the eyes with some junk

I think WD-40 would be nice...brake cleaner is too caustic but a nice light lube across the eyelids would help out his seasonal allergies...
Old 03-08-2003, 09:35 AM

I live in a real quiet neighborhood and there are 2 cops that live in my subdivision. I don't live in a real big city so I thought that HID theft would be something that I wouldn't have to worry about. As for the physical stuff, I wanted to do something just in case he jetted before the cops showed up. Trust me, I thought about it before I stepped out.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:30 AM

If I were you I'll kick this Nuts off just to get even! Good Job!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:57 AM
I need a truck

good job, but be more careful next time .. you never know if there could've been someone watching out for him ( i know i know, there wasn't) but ya never know
Old 03-08-2003, 10:59 AM

Dude, that's awesome!

I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing (except maybe hit him in the head with a baseball bat instead of tackle). I commend you. Trust me, this guy will not want to even look at your house again...too difficult a target.

You probably could have beat the $hit out of him without getting in trouble because he had a crow bar. All you had to do was say he was using it as a weapon and threataning your life. I would probably have killed him...no repeat crimes after that.

Good for you!
Old 03-08-2003, 11:42 AM

You should have got the crow bar and pulled his eyes out and told him that you know someone that could use these.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:54 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

no!!! He's in Kentucky, not NJ/NYC. He's lucky it wasnt one of those NJ crews, they would have the lights by the time you could dial 9...1....*bamm* they're gone.

there also would have been 2 more guys to back him up waiting in the getaway car :/ I would be very careful to say the least.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:54 AM

Excellent story! Nice job....you are luck the *** did not have a gun.

I think I would have knocked him out first...just to be safe
Old 03-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I'm 5'9" 160.

Just kidding. Nice work!
Old 03-08-2003, 12:29 PM

Great job, but be very careful. I know a theif at the bar I work at and ask him **** of how they do it. He says there are always at least two of them. He's told me stories before of a owner putting a gun to his head and his friend would come right behind him and put a gun to the owners head. Anyone else who wants to try and confront a thief look over your surroundings and watch your back. Just want to alert maima owners of what thieves do. Great Job! P.S. You should have beat the **** out of him.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:43 PM

Re: Caught HID thief last night!

What you should have done was drag his sorry *** into your house and beat the crap out of him and say it was a home invasion robbery. That should land him a couple of years or a few years depending on which state you live in

oh yeah...switch places with your max!

j/k good job!
Old 03-08-2003, 12:51 PM

ALRIGHT!!! man i bet that felt GREAT to get that punk!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 01:05 PM

good job if it was me he was messing with i woulda shot him
Old 03-08-2003, 01:05 PM
lcf

Never pull a gun on someone unless you're fully prepared to use it, possibly accidentally kill someone and face the consequences, or be shot dead.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by BLaZin 2k MaX
You should have got the crow bar and pulled his eyes out and told him that you know someone that could use these.

LMAO!
Old 03-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by WizzaMax

I think WD-40 would be nice...brake cleaner is too caustic but a nice light lube across the eyelids would help out his seasonal allergies...
HAHA
Old 03-09-2003, 02:02 PM

Thinking about it now, I should've beat the crap out of that guy. Who knows how many other HIDs he has stolen in the past. But it makes feel better to think that his skranny a$$ is probably snuggling up to some 300lb beast named Bubba in the slammer who will make him his "girlfriend" for the next couple of years.
Old 03-09-2003, 02:07 PM

Man good reaction time! The Oklahoma drill paid off huh?
Old 03-09-2003, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by griffy2k2max
Man good reaction time! The Oklahoma drill paid off huh?
It sure paid off. The way I tackled him, I would've surely been called for roughing the passer!
Old 03-09-2003, 06:11 PM

Good job dude. If that was me, the guy would never think about stealing HID's again. My karate teacher once told me, 'If you're gonna get into a fight or catch somebody doing stuff to your personal property, might as well beat him to a pulp..your word against his...'.

I would have taken pics of the guy after I tackeled him.. but thats just me, crazy...

A-
Old 03-09-2003, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by heems27
Last night I got back from the bars around 1:30 am and parked my 03 Max outside (not in the garage) because I washed my 98 Max yesterday and wanted to keep it in my tiny 1 car garage. Anywho, I was about to go to bed when the sensor lights in my driveway turned on. I looked out my bedroom window and saw a shady looking dude crouching by my car. He had a crowbar and was standing by my headlights. Instantly I knew what his intentions were. I called 911 and in the mean time,I decided to get even with this guy. I went out my backdoor, snuck around the driveway, and ran up to this dude. I tackled him to the ground (4 years of high school football paid out) and surprised the hell out of him. This guy was pretty tiny (about 5"9, 160 lbs) and I sat on top of him until the cops showed up. Needless to say, I had a few choice words for him and asked him why he was doing this but he never said a word. The cops had a good laugh about the whole things and they charged him with tresspassing and burgalary. I hope that this jerkoff gets his and tells other HID thieves to stay away from Max owners because they shouldn't be messed with!
Wow, I don't know how you fought the urge to kick the snot out of the kid. I'm not so sure I would have been so strong; I think if I were in that situation, I would have been in the back of the cop car right with him.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:59 PM
RussMaxManiac

Wish there was a way to prevent these guys from taking the damn lights.

Old 03-09-2003, 07:17 PM

you shoulda killed him and buried him somewhere... no one would ever know where he was. you would get away with it and u wouldnt hafta worry about him comming back. i guess its just the new york state of mind...
Old 03-09-2003, 07:18 PM

You didn't do enough,at least insurance can cover stock sotlen HIDS, then theres dumbasses like me who went out and bought them and had them stolen. Lasted only months. Jeez. I really wouldve broken his hands at least.
Roger
Old 03-09-2003, 07:29 PM

Re: Re: Caught HID thief last night!

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
Wow, I don't know how you fought the urge to kick the snot out of the kid. I'm not so sure I would have been so strong; I think if I were in that situation, I would have been in the back of the cop car right with him.
Thats the same problem I got, by the time the cops get there they wouldnt know who to arrest. The guy for jackin **** or me for aggrivated assault maybe even manslaughter (depends on my mood really) Once u start to attack its hard to stop, u got some self control man I dont think I would have stopped at a tackle.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:31 PM

congrats on the tackle... i am very very glad you did that, are you now following up and seeing what this guy got? do you have to testify, did he get out of jail the next day?

well thats one HID robber down, how many more to go.. too many in my opinion..

i say cut their hand off, it'll teach them a lesson.. USA is way to civil a country sometimes.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:11 AM

you have great temper control - if i would have tackled him i would have told him to get up....and then i would have tackled him again 5'8 ..206
Old 03-10-2003, 12:25 AM

I would have apprehended him without physical contact. No guns, just a big german shepherd!
Old 03-10-2003, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by Green 2kSE
I would have apprehended him without physical contact. No guns, just a big german shepherd!
What the fun in that, use the german sheperd after u tackle the guy.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
I am Roid Rage

Originally posted by HitManSE

What the fun in that, use the german sheperd after u tackle the guy.
If his Shepherd is anything like mine, he could paint the guys ********* flourescent green and ask the dog "Where's your ball?".
Old 03-10-2003, 12:53 PM

Good work, although I don't see how you refrained from kicking his ***...
Old 03-10-2003, 01:26 PM

I was really close to beating the crap out of him but my better judgement got in the way. The guy didn't say a word when I was sitting on him so that calmed me down. If he would've talked one ounce of smack, the cops probably would've needed an ambulance and I would be looking forward to assault charges. You tend to calm down a lot after you leave the teenage years behind and start thinking with your head.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:19 PM
KFL

Good show Thieves suck!!
I would have smacked him down and then flipped on the hids and put his eyes up the lights, You want hids hear ya Go!
Also TimW is right I've seen about 4maxes rolling around or sitting at a bodyshop without headlamps. NJ crooks are fast
Old 03-10-2003, 06:57 PM

oww

That really hurt you sitting on top of me like that...Haha jk anyway if I were you I would've knocked him out, then tied up upside down hanging from a tree, then I would've took out a stun gun n gave his nuts a nice wake up call...Then after about an hr of that, I would've took his crobar and stuck it in his )( then I would've sat there watch him hang and laugh..After ten min of that I would've threw some rocks at his head and laughed even more...Haha oh yah eventually the cops would come n I would run away and hide ;D
Old 03-10-2003, 07:41 PM

nice job. but i doubt the offender will be in jail for more than a year if any. but hey if he gets out he shouldn't come to your house. prolly just some punk kid. i myself would have beaten him up just for kicks. but i mean we can all say oh i would do this and that but in the actual situation is different.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by slickrick
nice job. but i doubt the offender will be in jail for more than a year if any. but hey if he gets out he shouldn't come to your house. prolly just some punk kid. i myself would have beaten him up just for kicks. but i mean we can all say oh i would do this and that but in the actual situation is different.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by slickrick
99% of the time that is true, and I will not argue with that. Im an exception though cuz when **** comes down to it. I have done some stupid things and now I would rather not get into any fights, but if I do get into a fight I cant stop half way. Im not saying im gonna end it, but im gonna make the guy wish I did by the time im done. I make sure there gonna feel it a month later. Especially if I find some1 stealing from me.

Quick Reply: Caught HID thief last night!