5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Max vs Accord v6 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 11:29 PM
RBa

I'm not really into Honda but I was just curious. Which car is faster? Has anyone ever raced with a V6 Accord b4?
Old 01-15-2001, 11:30 PM

God damn your car is gorgeous. Does it have the springs on in the picture? how do you like them?? damn i wish i bought black, but with az weather what are you gonna do.... Anyways...
Maxima 5 speed will kill accord and auto will give it a good run and probably win 9 times out of 10.

Adam
Old 01-16-2001, 12:12 AM
RBa

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
God damn your car is gorgeous. Does it have the springs on in the picture? how do you like them?? damn i wish i bought black, but with az weather what are you gonna do.... Anyways...
Maxima 5 speed will kill accord and auto will give it a good run and probably win 9 times out of 10.

Adam
Yes... These pics were taken with springs.
Black may look good since you have another color but I'm actually regretting getting black. It gets so dirty fast!! Especially in NYC where it always rains the day after you get a car wash. Stupid preliminary forcasts!!!!
Old 01-16-2001, 05:31 AM

I traded in a '98 Accord V6 Coupe for my '01 Max SE 5sp. The Accord was no slouch - the auto shifted crisply right at redline at full throttle. I never felt the Accord lacked for power - just got sick of driving an automatic. The 5sp. Max is noticeably quicker - I'd give the Accord zero chance against it, barring a horrible launch or a missed shift. Auto v. Auto would be very close. At least I think so. I've only driven an auto Max once, and then only briefly. Acord v. IS300 would also be a whole lot closer than the Lexus guys would like to believe.

Jaeger
Old 01-16-2001, 06:25 AM
Got Bent?

I also had an Accord V6 before the Max. It is pretty quick, but needs to be revved to get all the power out of it. An auto Max would win most of the time, in my experience and the stick Max would win all the time. As for the IS300, both the Max and Accord would be close if not slightly better.
Old 01-16-2001, 01:59 PM

How do you like Honda reliability, ride, and quality? My wife is considering the Accord and the Camry.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:35 PM

I got Both

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
How do you like Honda reliability, ride, and quality? My wife is considering the Accord and the Camry.
My wife owns a Accord V6 EX. it's loaded with everything. leather, 6cd changer, auto climate, sunroof, rims, keyless, and you can have it for under 23K.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:48 PM

Re: I got Both

How does it ride and handle? Any problems yet?

Originally posted by Maxx-s-ter
My wife owns a Accord V6 EX. it's loaded with everything. leather, 6cd changer, auto climate, sunroof, rims, keyless, and you can have it for under 23K.
Old 01-16-2001, 03:15 PM
Got Bent?

The Accord handles pretty well. It has 4 wheel independent suspension, so the ride is nice and smooth. Though, the Max does handle better than the Accord, especially with the SE suspension and 17" wheels. As for reliability, its a Honda....Should run for a long long time.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: I got Both

Maxx ... what kinda tips do u have? I'm going 2 throw on the Stillen body kit ... but I know that the stock muffler tips will not even show ... so I gotta get new ones

Old 01-16-2001, 05:02 PM

first off, rBA, i'll trade you...i wanted black since day 1

alright, now that i've got that off my chest...i've raced 2 accord v6's and killed both...one was modded and one wasn't...the guy in the modded accord pulled up next to me at the next light and asked me what i had under the hood...he seemed so amazed that he lost...his friend was just laughing at him when i told him i had a k&n drop in

the other time the accord was in front of me in a turn lane and since it was stock i didn't think he wanted to race...but he floored it when we got the green arrow...i followed him and passed him completely within 10 secs of turning...when we both finally hit a light, i was there way before he was and by the time he got around there (rolling at about 15mph) the light turned green...since he was already going...i thought he would pass me but i just floored it and stayed even with him up to about 25-30mph when i started gaining on him and didn't stop

race w/ an is300...i think it was stock...i had 4 other people in my car and he was by himself...we both turned right and i went into the left lane slowly so i though he would pull up next to me so we could both start at the same time...he just floored it...so when i cought up at a light, he was in front and he floored it from the start...i waited a couple secs and then floored it, too...we stayed even upto about 60 then i started gaining on him and i came to a few feet from his bumper (going about 90)...then i switched lanes and passed him
Old 01-16-2001, 05:38 PM

Personally, I don't think Accord V6s can hang with 5th gen. Maximas, stick or auto. I mean, even us 4th gen. can give them a very good run, and win usually(in my experiences anyway.) I think 4th gen. Maximas and Accord V6s are about evenly matched. I'm comparing stock vs. stock of course. I got a '96 Maxima SE auto and my sister has a '00 Accord V6 sedan. And I drove her car many times and it just didn't feel as strong as mine. I would love to get a 5th gen. AE Maxima if I could. So, I wouldn't worry too much about the V6 Accords if you have a 5th gen.; unless they're are mildly/heavily moded.
Old 01-16-2001, 06:58 PM

Re: Re: I got Both

Originally posted by ohboiya
... what kinda tips do u have? I'm going 2 throw on the Stillen body kit ... but I know that the stock muffler tips will not even show ... so I gotta get new ones
I just purchased some cheezy ones form Pep-Boys for 4.00 ea. They do the trick. I am waiting for the Greddy exhaust. so I didn't bother with the nice tips.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:17 PM

the Maxima wins by default

It just looks cooler.

Style backed up by performance equals a winner every time.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:38 PM

What did your LDM's cost u ... also .. what's the ride like with Eibach & stock strut

Originally posted by ohboiya
... what kinda tips do u have? I'm going 2 throw on the Stillen body kit ... but I know that the stock muffler tips will not even show ... so I gotta get new ones
I just purchased some cheezy ones form Pep-Boys for 4.00 ea. They do the trick. I am waiting for the Greddy exhaust. so I didn't bother with the nice tips.
Old 01-16-2001, 07:54 PM

Paul

Accords are nice. I drive my sisters when I get a chance. After awhile, I got use to the slow shifting slow revving engine. Excellent car, really. Its quieter than the Maxima and rides smoother. I like her steering wheel better because it is VERY precise. She does have starting problems now, but she will get that fixed this week. I like it

Test drive one, Honda dealers are pretty nice and they talk about adding aftermaret parts to the car. NEAT-O. My Nissan dealer doesn't.