5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:39 PM

Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

I was talking to this guy who has a new '02 Civic Si, and he has his car lowered on Eibach Sportline Springs. When I asked him how the ride was, he told me that it wasn't much different from stock. I don't think this guy was any expert on the subject, but he was saying how the Sportline Springs are supposed to be geared more towards ride comfort although they lower the car more than the Pro Springs. Can anybody validate this? I haven't seen anyone mention Eibach Sportlines in this forum yet, so I'd appreciate inputs from people who has some first hand experience.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Sold 2 99Silvermist SE :)

Re: Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Originally posted by YAMATOSOUL
I was talking to this guy who has a new '02 Civic Si, and he has his car lowered on Eibach Sportline Springs. When I asked him how the ride was, he told me that it wasn't much different from stock. I don't think this guy was any expert on the subject, but he was saying how the Sportline Springs are supposed to be geared more towards ride comfort although they lower the car more than the Pro Springs. Can anybody validate this? I haven't seen anyone mention Eibach Sportlines in this forum yet, so I'd appreciate inputs from people who has some first hand experience.
prokit is the only ones for 5th gen max made
Old 03-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Originally posted by YAMATOSOUL
there's no sportsline spring for maxima. so I cannot compare

we only have prokit and ground control, which uses eibach springs.

but fr. my co-worker's 91 intergra with sportsline and tokicos...the ride is stiff and bumpy.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:15 PM

Re: Re: Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

but fr. my co-worker's 91 intergra with sportsline and tokicos...the ride is stiff and bumpy.
Anything that drops a car 2" or more from stock height will make the ride bumpy, no matter what you do.. unless you do some work on the lower control arms to increase shock travel, that is..

you can also drop the PSI in your tires a couple psi, that might give you a little help and won't kill your tires too quickly..
Old 03-31-2003, 07:28 PM

i have a friend w/ a 2k2 acura cl on eibachs sportline and stock shocks...his ride is a little less stiffer than my ride on teins and stock shocks...its pretty comfortable, as long as you dont aim for the potholes your good.

if you want a good drop, go for the tiens, its nice, but those dam potholes~! its like im driving slalom~
besides, its not like eibach makes sportlines for our car anyways

maxcosity - you DONT have to modify the control arm. dang, i can't think right now due to some influences, but you can buy a upper strut mount for the rear, it raises the point where ur shock sits, so you have more travel. i think their working on the front, im not sure, OH yea...motivational engineering...it costs around 115 theeres also a group deal
Old 03-31-2003, 08:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Originally posted by maxcosity

Anything that drops a car 2" or more from stock height will make the ride bumpy, no matter what you do.. unless you do some work on the lower control arms to increase shock travel, that is..

you can also drop the PSI in your tires a couple psi, that might give you a little help and won't kill your tires too quickly..
NO
Old 03-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by AzNx2k2xSEXima
i have a friend w/ a 2k2 acura cl on eibachs sportline and stock shocks...his ride is a little less stiffer than my ride on teins and stock shocks...its pretty comfortable, as long as you dont aim for the potholes your good.

if you want a good drop, go for the tiens, its nice, but those dam potholes~! its like im driving slalom~
besides, its not like eibach makes sportlines for our car anyways

maxcosity - you DONT have to modify the control arm. dang, i can't think right now due to some influences, but you can buy a upper strut mount for the rear, it raises the point where ur shock sits, so you have more travel. i think their working on the front, im not sure, OH yea...motivational engineering...it costs around 115 theeres also a group deal
are you sure about this?? I would be very interested in this. I have the same setup as you, 02 with tein and stock struts.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:41 PM

Woah, that is really sweet.. I mean I wouldn't get that, but that is pretty cool that someone is doing something like that! I would have never imagined it would be worth it to do something like that.. cool..

As for max'n'out saying "no": care to elaborate? what's so "no" about it.. the tires? yeah, I would never do that but it is an option if you honestly need to soften the ride..

this car is just too heavy to get by w/lowering it that much and maintaining decent ride quality.. it just isn't possible without some modification to extend shock travel..

I'm sure there's some mathematical computation you could find that tells you what shock travel length you'd need for what weight, but who cares.. just don't go as low and it won't be so bad..

plus slammed maximas just look funky..
Old 03-31-2003, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by maxcosity

Woah, that is really sweet.. I mean I wouldn't get that, but that is pretty cool that someone is doing something like that! I would have never imagined it would be worth it to do something like that.. cool..

As for max'n'out saying "no": care to elaborate? what's so "no" about it.. the tires? yeah, I would never do that but it is an option if you honestly need to soften the ride..

this car is just too heavy to get by w/lowering it that much and maintaining decent ride quality.. it just isn't possible without some modification to extend shock travel..

I'm sure there's some mathematical computation you could find that tells you what shock travel length you'd need for what weight, but who cares.. just don't go as low and it won't be so bad..

plus slammed maximas just look funky..
I'm tired of the generality of droping it over 2" and it gets bad. Thats just not true at all. It has more to do with suspension travel, spring rates, shock valving and the size of the bumpstops. That is what makes the ride "bumpy" or bad. You could lower a car 4" and still make it good. Or raise the max 6" and make it bumpy. It's not as much the height as it is the things listed above.

Explaned...Good enough?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by max'n out

I'm tired of the generality of droping it over 2" and it gets bad. Thats just not true at all. It has more to do with suspension travel, spring rates, shock valving and the size of the bumpstops. That is what makes the ride "bumpy" or bad. You could lower a car 4" and still make it good. Or raise the max 6" and make it bumpy. It's not as much the height as it is the things listed above.

Explaned...Good enough?

I agree with max'n out. I have a friend with ground controls and illuminas on his 2001 prelude and the ride is silky smooth. Guess how much he dropped it? 3.25" and its smooth! I think we just don't have enough companies making parts for our car...... plain and simple.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anybody tried Eibach Sportline Springs?

Originally posted by max'n out

NO
U can just trim the bump stops to compensate for the suspension travel. But Air bags will also go lower then 2" and wont be too bumpy. (not air cyliders, airBAGS)
Old 03-31-2003, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by ToasterMax
are you sure about this?? I would be very interested in this. I have the same setup as you, 02 with tein and stock struts.
i am sure, they were have a little trouble with the fitting issue b/c the strut mount was made for the 4th gen. the 4th gen and the 5th gen have diff. part #'s but the dude from mot. eng. said you can compensate by adding a couple more gaskets, which he will supply.
DaveB has it...im not sure if thats his sn, but he said his ride was fairly close to stock after the install... there was a gd for $115
Old 04-01-2003, 06:43 AM

i am sure, they were have a little trouble with the fitting issue b/c the strut mount was made for the 4th gen. the 4th gen and the 5th gen have diff. part #'s but the dude from mot. eng. said you can compensate by adding a couple more gaskets, which he will supply.
DaveB has it...im not sure if thats his sn, but he said his ride was fairly close to stock after the install... there was a gd for $115
Do u have this setup on ur car, or urs is riding just fine with the teins w/o this rear mount "mod" so to speak. I have the Teins sittin at work with some Toks but am too busy to install them, dont have enough time to put the car on the hoist yet alone mess with an install for a little while.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by HitManSE

Do u have this setup on ur car, or urs is riding just fine with the teins w/o this rear mount "mod" so to speak. I have the Teins sittin at work with some Toks but am too busy to install them, dont have enough time to put the car on the hoist yet alone mess with an install for a little while.
no i dont have this set up. i kinda wish i did, b/c all the freaking potholes from the construction. FULLERTON CA is a SHIETHOLE RIGHT NOW, and has beenf rot like the last yr, all the roads are ****ty and i have had 3 FLAT TIRES....F THIS CITY~! my winsheild is also cracked from a e500 hauling a$$ up the hill and spitting loose gravel at my car~!
F~!
but at the same time, where the new roads are up, and are fairly smooth, i like the stiffness of the car. but then again, im a teen that can't help himself to some spirited driving when he see's open road that has just been paved, WITH no place for cops to hide.

The install took me 2 hrs and 15 mins, i struggled for about 45 mins or so b/c i didn't have an extension to get to the rear strut mounts

i say get the mounts.....
Old 04-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So this mod works for the rears only on the 5th gen?? has anyone installed this on the 5th gen yet so that we can see if it fits?