5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Headlight was stolen last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Headlight was stolen last night!!!

Last night my passenger side headlight was stolen out of 03 maxima. Not to mention my neighbors 02 maxima's headlight was stolen as well the same thing the passenger sides light totally removed and wires cut... WTF is the deal are they getting that much $$ on the street for these lights. I called my dealer and they want 750.00 for a new light !!! Is there any way to put an end to this BULLSH1T?? Im looking for a good alrm remote starter combo as we speak.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
NT2SHBBY

Re: Headlight was stolen last night!!!

Originally posted by Max03
Last night my passenger side headlight was stolen out of 03 maxima. Not to mention my neighbors 02 maxima's headlight was stolen as well the same thing the passenger sides light totally removed and wires cut... WTF is the deal are they getting that much $$ on the street for these lights. I called my dealer and they want 750.00 for a new light !!! Is there any way to put an end to this BULLSH1T?? Im looking for a good alrm remote starter combo as we speak.
yes they get $$$$ for stolen HIDs.....Is there any way of stopping it? nope....no matter what you do, unless you leave the car permenantly garaged, ur lights are always at jeopardy.

where are you from btw? they only stole 1 light off urs and neighbor's cars??

Old 04-04-2003, 12:09 PM

Page 9-20 in your Owners Manual. Report it to the NHTSA.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:13 PM

Re: Headlight was stolen last night!!!

welcome to a very unfortunate New jersey club..

by the way what cities are these HID robberies occuring in NJ?

I know Union , Newark, Irvington, Bloomfield.. what other cities are getting hit?

Kmack
Old 04-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Headlight was stolen last night!!!

Paterson, Wayne, West Orange, Haledon,

Originally posted by kmack
welcome to a very unfortunate New jersey club..

by the way what cities are these HID robberies occuring in NJ?

I know Union , Newark, Irvington, Bloomfield.. what other cities are getting hit?

Kmack
Old 04-06-2003, 08:29 PM

stolen HIDS IN NJ

so far looks like mostly northeast NJ, and i know NYC all 5 buroughs is getting hit..

how's philly, and south jersey doing?
trenton ?
new brunswick?

New jersey sucks.. need to get tony soprano to help us maxima owners out.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Headlight was stolen last night!!!

Jersey City, Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken, West New York, Fort Lee...etc., etc., etc.!!!!

Originally posted by Max03
Paterson, Wayne, West Orange, Haledon,

Old 04-07-2003, 06:40 AM

sad to hear ..

well i work in the bronx as a postal carrier and on route the other day in a garbage can next to the mail box .. i see what looks to be a headlight upon closer inspection it is a headlight a maxima headlight to be exact .. broke my heart and made me feel for that car .. couldnt stop worrying about my baby all day as he sat in the lot .. but if your lookin for an alarm i recommend don aka" PEARL96MAX " i believe he's located in new jersey does alarms and systems ..i picked up a viper respond unit from him and i'm happy with its performance along .. he also did a few others on the org i believe .. hope that hels
Old 04-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Headlights Stolen

I live in new jersey and had my lights stolen the end of january, I reported it to NTSB and also I contacted Fox5 News and was interviewed two weeks ago.This seems to be an epidemic since the max lights are soo easy to remove (both in less than 20 seconds)I wanted everyone from this site to contact Fox5 about this problem, send emails, phone calls what ever as they will contact nissan on our behalf to see what nissan will provide. What ever happens it's worth a shot.Im disgusted about this and want to sell my Max only had it 1yr as of march 16 with under 9000 miles on it, I have a garage and I keep it their, but when I go out thats when things happen.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:34 AM

Re: Headlights Stolen

Originally posted by max529
I live in new jersey and had my lights stolen the end of january, I reported it to NTSB and also I contacted Fox5 News and was interviewed two weeks ago.This seems to be an epidemic since the max lights are soo easy to remove (both in less than 20 seconds)I wanted everyone from this site to contact Fox5 about this problem, send emails, phone calls what ever as they will contact nissan on our behalf to see what nissan will provide. What ever happens it's worth a shot.Im disgusted about this and want to sell my Max only had it 1yr as of march 16 with under 9000 miles on it, I have a garage and I keep it their, but when I go out thats when things happen.

HERE'S THE SITE

http://www.fox5ny.com/
Click NEWS
THEN FOX 5 Problem SOlvers
Old 04-18-2003, 11:34 AM

Apparently Crackheads are stealing lights too

I was parking my car at work this morning, and noticed a Maxima parked in the lot with one headlight missing, and the other turned up a few inches due to attempted theft.

This would not be such a surprise for me, as mine have been stolen twice already, except that this Maxima was a 2000!!!! Not only are these ******** stealing HIDs from the 2002-2003, but they are mistakenly ripping them out of 2000-2001s as well!!!!

I agree that everyone who has a beef with this issue contact Fox5 ASAP. Perhaps they will put a microphone in one of the executive's faces and ask why they have abandoned their customers?
Old 04-18-2003, 11:48 AM
NT2SHBBY

I did speak to a few lawyers as promised that I would in the attempt to try and culminate a class action suit against Nissan for their inability to make our lights theftproof or at least devise a method by which our lights would be damn near impossibile to steal and their take was this....

in regards to the paint litigation currently being undertaken, Nissan clearly stated that their paint was "diamond tested to resist chips, etc..."

As stated by one of the lawyers, "In Nissan's defense, they NEVER stated that their lights were theftproof or not able to be stolen by common criminals."

Nissan marketed and installed a product poorly but they made no claims as to the viability of the lights...

So it looks to me that we really have no case against them...

Old 04-18-2003, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
I did speak to a few lawyers as promised that I would in the attempt to try and culminate a class action suit against Nissan for their inability to make our lights theftproof or at least devise a method by which our lights would be damn near impossibile to steal and their take was this....

in regards to the paint litigation currently being undertaken, Nissan clearly stated that their paint was "diamond tested to resist chips, etc..."

As stated by one of the lawyers, "In Nissan's defense, they NEVER stated that their lights were theftproof or not able to be stolen by common criminals."

Nissan marketed and installed a product poorly but they made no claims as to the viability of the lights...

So it looks to me that we really have no case against them...
This isn't a case to be determined in court behind closed doors. I believe we will benefit most from having this issue brought to light, and forcing Nissan to deal with the problem rather than turn the other cheek.

I believe Nissan fears the loss of business attributable to a bad reputation more than they fear a team of lawyers. Thus, Public Relations is the key not a courthouse.

Contact Fox5 or whomever in the media willing to hear our cries, and next time you new owners get a JD Powers survey... Let Nissan have it good!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:56 AM

GET A DOG

Get a 130 Rotweiler and leave it in you back seat. THen record the car and send us all the video of the basta_rd trying to steal your lights. On a serious note they do make alarms for the ligths, in fact most dealerships will do it for about 150 dollars. I live in jersey and really want OEM HIDs for my 2000 max but might go with aftermarket just so no one could tell. Good luck though and check local dealerships.
-Jared
Old 05-04-2003, 01:03 AM

I never heard of IS300 headlights being stolen or any other HID lights being stolen other than ours... Nissan should care of this... i hope the 04 max don't have this problem...
Old 05-04-2003, 01:07 AM

I forget body somebody said something about drone guns, robots and things like that. I like that idea. Nobody in my area has had them stolen yet.