5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car pulling to right when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Car pulling to right when accelerating

I hit a pot hole a week ago, and it blew my front right tire. I replaced the tire and rotated the tires around. So Now I have 3 tires with 21k on them one, and one brand new one with 0 miles on the car. The new tire I put on the rear.

When I give the car a good amount of gas it pulls to the right. It's not a dramatic pull, but it's noticeable. All the tires are holding their air as far as I can tell. What should I do? Will an alignment fix it? Do I need to have that front right tire rebalanced? Visually, everything looked ok in the wheel well.

help.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:26 AM
NT2SHBBY

make sure the inside part of the wheel isnt bent....

sounds like alignment/balancing issue

Old 04-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Car pulling to right when accelerating

Originally posted by Draco
I hit a pot hole a week ago, and it blew my front right tire. I replaced the tire and rotated the tires around. So Now I have 3 tires with 21k on them one, and one brand new one with 0 miles on the car. The new tire I put on the rear.

When I give the car a good amount of gas it pulls to the right. It's not a dramatic pull, but it's noticeable. All the tires are holding their air as far as I can tell. What should I do? Will an alignment fix it? Do I need to have that front right tire rebalanced? Visually, everything looked ok in the wheel well.

help.

Try switching the right tires to the left and vice versa. If the car pulls to the left, then you can which tire is causing the problem. If not, do alignment.

~limsandy
Old 04-05-2003, 03:15 PM

help.
but it doesn't pull to the right when you get off the gas and let it coast? any vibrations at highway speeds from the wheel that hit the pothole?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:03 PM

Re: Re: Car pulling to right when accelerating

Originally posted by PeterUbers

but it doesn't pull to the right when you get off the gas and let it coast? any vibrations at highway speeds from the wheel that hit the pothole?

It's only really noticeable when I give it a good amount of gas. Know vibrations.. yet.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:05 PM

Re: Re: Car pulling to right when accelerating

Originally posted by limsandy

Try switching the right tires to the left and vice versa. If the car pulls to the left, then you can which tire is causing the problem. If not, do alignment.

~limsandy
Thanks, I'll try that first.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:49 PM

When i step down on it, my car pulls to the right, then to the left, and back to the right. I believe it has something to do with the traction control trying to grip some more or something, because of the lovely potenzas.

I know this was discussed about more in detail in a prior post. I haven't hit any major pot holes, and I have this issue as well, it doesn't seem to bother me too much. I just figure it's just the power going to the front wheels.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:22 PM

Get the alignment done! I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. Another thing.......are you giving it alot of gas, if so, it might be torque steer.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Car pulling to right when accelerating

Thanks, I'll try that first.
I ran over a pothole a few weeks ago and I found out my rim was bent on the inside. And the tire didn't even blowout or lose any air. But when I put the wheel on a high speed balancing machine it was out of wack.

I don't know if you want to switch tires from right to left. I rotated mine front to back and it helped out until I was able to get a new rim.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Wat

sounds like a case of good ole Nissan Torquesteer.