5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Mobil1 vs. Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Wat

Originally posted by Virus
My brother didn't change the oil on his firebird for 13k with the factory oil still in it. That's not proof. Oil Analysis is proof.
Ill get an oil analysis the next time pop's car goes to the dealership. Now, If the oil couldnt handle it they wouldnt let a computer tell you when to bring the car in. They'd say, "bring er in after 3000 miles". It's just a bit of common sense. To replace that engine, its 35,000 (yes 35 THOUSAND) dollars. If they didnt believe that Mobil 1 could handle the ~20k intervals, they would set a shorter interval. It would get real expensive, real fast if they were wrong.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:20 AM
BiggD23

Originally posted by karguy

The truth should be the truth. Are you complaining because AMSOIL is a superior product.
Not at all, I'm complaining because it seems that the only place you can find out that Amsoil is a superior product is from Amsoil themselves. Do a Google search and the first 5 pages are all dealer sites, copied word for word from one another. Amsoil could very well be a superior product, but where are all the independent tests from people who DON'T have a financial stake in it? That's all I'm saying.

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.

Ted: I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build a model airplane" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:25 AM
I'm needing a caw

It's better than the warranty from Mobil or any other oil maker. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. One big lawsuit and Amsoil would probably go down. So what does that tell you? Amsoil makes their claims and backs their shat up. Period.

Come back when you have something intelligent to add.

Originally posted by BiggD23

Not at all, I'm complaining because it seems that the only place you can find out that Amsoil is a superior product is from Amsoil themselves. Do a Google search and the first 5 pages are all dealer sites, copied word for word from one another. Amsoil could very well be a superior product, but where are all the independent tests from people who DON'T have a financial stake in it? That's all I'm saying.

READ THE DAMN STICKY AND STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR ****
Old 04-11-2003, 10:40 AM
BiggD23

Not sure how I'm "talking out my ****" since I didn't once give an opinion as to what oil is better, but OK. Thanks for the tip about the sticky topic, I'm checking it out now.

Old 04-11-2003, 05:50 PM

You can find enough used oil analysis reports to maake your head spin on this site as well: http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

P.S. My website is not a carbon copy of the others.