5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is 2k1 Stillen front touring Lip same as 2k2??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003 | 09:19 AM

Is 2k1 Stillen front touring Lip same as 2k2??

I need help guys, is 2k1 Front Stillen Touring Lip same as 2k2??? I went to Stillen Website and it shows two different part#

2k1 #108281
2k2 #108282

now, I just call Stillen and they told me the two parts is exactly the same down to the 100%. Is that true??

My body shop can't get the piece to mount it on my 2k2 Maxima with the part#108281 on the under bumper piece.

I have my shop call Stillen, and Stillen is saying my shop done a bad job installing it, and which I don't think, because they've install body kit for my other friends Maxima too.

I am really bummed right now.
Old 04-08-2003 | 09:30 AM
jjs

Re: Is 2k1 Stillen front touring Lip same as 2k2??

Originally posted by nismotech
I need help guys, is 2k1 Front Stillen Touring Lip same as 2k2??? I went to Stillen Website and it shows two different part#

2k1 #108281
2k2 #108282

now, I just call Stillen and they told me the two parts is exactly the same down to the 100%. Is that true??

My body shop can't get the piece to mount it on my 2k2 Maxima with the part#108281 on the under bumper piece.

I have my shop call Stillen, and Stillen is saying my shop done a bad job installing it, and which I don't think, because they've install body kit for my other friends Maxima too.

I am really bummed right now.
I don't see how they could be exactly the same, especially since the OEM AE lip does not fit a 2k2+. If Stillen's part would fit both, I would think the AE part would as well. Stillen needs to stop snortin'.
Old 04-08-2003 | 09:54 AM

Just got done talking to Stillen, said they sent me the 2k1 instead of 2k2, and since I try to modify it to fit(After calling twice to verify the part! and both time say its the right part). The best they could do is they would offer me the 2k2 part for $85+40shipping= $125.

Now, what do you guys think of the way Stillen handle this?
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:01 AM
jjs

Just got done talking to Stillen, said they sent me the 2k1 instead of 2k2, and since I try to modify it to fit(After calling twice to verify the part! and both time say its the right part). The best they could do is they would offer me the 2k2 part for $85+40shipping= $125.

Now, what do you guys think of the way Stillen handle this?
Further reason people refer to them as Stealin.
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:03 AM
Beech Man Whore Slapper

Sorry to hear all of the trouble you went to !

But, if Stillen made the mistake and you confirmed twice with them, have them suck up the bill and let them take the front lip back for the 2k1 and they should pay for the 2k2 to be sent to you.

They have the money to back them up, since their prices are so high !

Just my 2 cents !
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:16 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by SPEEDY6

But, if Stillen made the mistake and you confirmed twice with them, have them suck up the bill and let them take the front lip back for the 2k1 and they should pay for the 2k2 to be sent to you.

They have the money to back them up, since their prices are so high!

Just my 2 cents !

although its quite wierd because emax02 got his to fit??

Old 04-08-2003 | 10:27 AM

Originally posted by SPEEDY6

They have the money to back them up, since their prices are so high !

Just my 2 cents !
I've try that even, I said" After all that you guys put me through, the least you can do is to give me free shipping" but the manager refuses and offer their "BEST DEAL" was to give me 1/2 shipping (origianlly was $80) and let me have shipping for $40 and the other $40 is coming out of the sales representative's pocket.

After the whole conversion ends, "Jay" my sales representative is like, well I want to make my customers Happy, after I told him I appreciate his efforts (Being the Nice person that I am).

I am still not extactly happy with how everything went through, but I guess its about as good its going to get.
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:28 AM
NT2SHBBY

I've try that even, I said" After all that you guys put me through, the least you can do is to give me free shipping" but the manager refuses and offer their "BEST DEAL" was to give me 1/2 shipping (origianlly was $80) and let me have shipping for $40 and the other $40 is coming out of the sales representative's pocket.

After the whole conversion ends, "Jay" my sales representative is like, well I want to make my customers Happy, after I told him I appreciate his efforts (Being the Nice person that I am).

I am still not extactly happy with how everything went through, but I guess its about as good its going to get.
how long ago did you pay for it and did you pay by credit card??

If so I'd take it up with your issuing cardholding bank...they will refund your money if your creditstanding is up to snuff
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:38 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

how long ago did you pay for it and did you pay by credit card??

If so I'd take it up with your issuing cardholding bank...they will refund your money if your creditstanding is up to snuff
What exactly do I tell the Credit Card Company? You mean I can actually tell the credit card company my issues and they would refound my money back?

I am not sure how exactly the system works, could you explain?

P.S. All this just happened this morning, 4/8/03
Old 04-08-2003 | 10:41 AM
NT2SHBBY

What exactly do I tell the Credit Card Company? You mean I can actually tell the credit card company my issues and they would refound my money back?

I am not sure how exactly the system works, could you explain?

P.S. All this just happened this morning, 4/8/03
no prob bro...yeah..call them up..explain the situation..and tell them that Stillen told u it would fit and now that it doesn't they want to play monetary games with you and make you pay more for one that fits..

they'll start a case, refund you temporarily and then let THEM take it up with Stillen...I can guarantee you if your credit is good, you have a 98% chance of getting your full refund; they won't issue a partial refund....
Old 04-08-2003 | 01:06 PM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

no prob bro...yeah..call them up..explain the situation..and tell them that Stillen told u it would fit and now that it doesn't they want to play monetary games with you and make you pay more for one that fits..

they'll start a case, refund you temporarily and then let THEM take it up with Stillen...I can guarantee you if your credit is good, you have a 98% chance of getting your full refund; they won't issue a partial refund....
Thanks, I really appreciate your input on this!
Old 04-08-2003 | 01:09 PM
NT2SHBBY

Thanks, I really appreciate your input on this!
not a problem bro....if you need further assistance, don't hesistate to ask, PM, email or whatever...