5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxspeed Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 12:25 PM

Maxspeed Springs?

Does anyone here know if there is a web site for Maxspeed Springs? I can't seem to find one. I'd like to do some research on the company before buying the product for my 2001 I30. There is plenty of info around for Eibach,H&R,Tein,Progress, etc. I am concerned about the overall quality and life of their springs. The price seems right though. Does anyone know of there is a website. Also anyone sharing there experiences with the product would be great. I am also leaning towards H&R.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ebay has Maxspeed springs. I just installed Maxspeeds on GR2s and the ride is awsome. A little more bumpier, but I couldn't see paying $200+ for springs that ride just as good or worst from what I hear. The drop is great and so it the ride and handling. See my homepage, page 3.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:30 PM
NT2SHBBY

I ordered them based on price....I also got the KYB GR2s too...they will be hopefully installed next weekend with my comments and pix posted.

I would have gone the H&R route also but for the price difference and everyone on here saying there wasn't much difference, thats why I went the Maxspeed route.

I also got them on ebay

Old 04-16-2003, 12:49 PM

Re: Maxspeed Springs?

Originally posted by I30 SLEEPER
Does anyone here know if there is a web site for Maxspeed Springs? I can't seem to find one. I'd like to do some research on the company before buying the product for my 2001 I30. There is plenty of info around for Eibach,H&R,Tein,Progress, etc. I am concerned about the overall quality and life of their springs. The price seems right though. Does anyone know of there is a website. Also anyone sharing there experiences with the product would be great. I am also leaning towards H&R.
.Thanks for the info. Is there a website listed on the original box they came in? Or a location of the company, anything? So far people say they like them, but I would still like some more information about the company.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2003, 01:53 PM
rilla dope

I never found a site for them either, but I got them to go with my AGX and everythings good thus far. I went based on recommendations and seeing the long term results on several guys rides. Groovy this far
Old 04-16-2003, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the information. I was wondering, if you still have the original box from maxspeed? Is there a website address on it? phone #, address? I am still trying to get some more information on them.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the information. I was wondering, if you still have the original box from maxspeed? Is there a website address on it? phone #, address? I am still trying to get some more information on them.
Just threw mine away last Monday...Sorry
Old 04-16-2003, 02:54 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

http://www.abtivan.com/

I would get TEINS but thats just me. Only get the TEINS if you want the best and most important EQUAL drop

Old 04-16-2003, 02:59 PM

I got mine from this guy on the org. I think his org name was volkscafe. Try PMing him.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:07 PM
NT2SHBBY

I'll have my box Tues...I shall post any info available then if you don't mind waiting

Old 04-16-2003, 05:05 PM

my maxspeeds are sitting in a box at home (They got delivered yesterday), I got them off ebay for $94. I am not looking for an even drop, I wanted more in the front, I figure it may be a more aggressive stance, I will post any website/info tomorrow when I get home.

-J

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42610

not a bad price
Old 04-16-2003, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

I'll have my box Tues...I shall post any info available then if you don't mind waiting
I don't mind waiting. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Jakester
my maxspeeds are sitting in a box at home (They got delivered yesterday), I got them off ebay for $94. I am not looking for an even drop, I wanted more in the front, I figure it may be a more aggressive stance, I will post any website/info tomorrow when I get home.

Thank you
-J

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42610

not a bad price
Old 04-16-2003, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by releasedtruth
I never found a site for them either, but I got them to go with my AGX and everythings good thus far. I went based on recommendations and seeing the long term results on several guys rides. Groovy this far
Hey releasedtruth, you have the exact set-up I want, I already have the Maxspeed on stock shock for a about a year now, I'm running 235-40-17, and it's a little harsh, how would you compare the KYB's / Maxspeed combo versus stock shock ?

Cheers

AA
Old 04-17-2003, 07:42 AM

I'm thinking about painting my maxspeeds black before installling them, is their any particular paint recommended?
Old 04-17-2003, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by ICULookN
I'm thinking about painting my maxspeeds black before installling them, is their any particular paint recommended?
latex.. it has to be flexible or it will flake and fall off..
Old 04-17-2003, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by ICULookN
You can't see them anyway, I would just leave them yellow.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Maxspeed Springs?

Thanks
I've had my Maxspeeds on stock struts for about 6 months now, and I like them. I will be putting them on aftermarket struts as soon as i figure out which ones I want.

The drop is modest, but noticable, especially when parked next to a stock-height Max. The ride is firmer, but close enough to stock that my wife doesn't notice at all! And she WOULD notice. LOL!

The only time my suspension has bottomed out was on an interstate trip at high speed, with about 480 combined pounds in the back seat, and about 450 combined pounds in the front. Even then, it took a pretty sharp blow to bottom out.

I don't think Maxspeed has a website, but I'll check my box when I get home to be sure. They seem to be really well made, and I have read absolutely no complaints on the .org about their quality. Some people, who are looking for a "slammed" look, might not like them, but I'm very pleased. They took a while to settle, but now, I love the look. Much more aggressive, but not too low.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:03 PM

Re: Re: Maxspeed Springs?

Originally posted by SG01MaxSE

I've had my Maxspeeds on stock struts for about 6 months now, and I like them. I will be putting them on aftermarket struts as soon as i figure out which ones I want.

The drop is modest, but noticable, especially when parked next to a stock-height Max. The ride is firmer, but close enough to stock that my wife doesn't notice at all! And she WOULD notice. LOL!

The only time my suspension has bottomed out was on an interstate trip at high speed, with about 480 combined pounds in the back seat, and about 450 combined pounds in the front. Even then, it took a pretty sharp blow to bottom out.

I don't think Maxspeed has a website, but I'll check my box when I get home to be sure. They seem to be really well made, and I have read absolutely no complaints on the .org about their quality. Some people, who are looking for a "slammed" look, might not like them, but I'm very pleased. They took a while to settle, but now, I love the look. Much more aggressive, but not too low.
You should go with the KYB GR2s.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:51 PM

with maxspeed and GR2 combo...... do they make the car more stable at high speed turns? and make the conering easy?
Old 04-17-2003, 01:04 PM

Re: Re: Maxspeed Springs?

Originally posted by SG01MaxSE

I've also got the Maxspeed on stock struts set-up for about the same amount of time.

Now that the springs have settled, I've noticed that the back sits a little lower than front. It's begining to look like the stock set-up, just lower.

Are you noticing this also?
Old 04-17-2003, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by ][ 35
with maxspeed and GR2 combo...... do they make the car more stable at high speed turns? and make the conering easy?
Yes very much so. I love it.