5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Debadge almost got expensive

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:46 PM

Debadge almost got expensive

After a boring day at work I decided to debadge the Max to keep my blood pumping. I pulled the car in the garage and without really paying attention if I was in far enough (crankin' Hail Mary 2003 on the radio). I hit the down button on the garage door opener and began to think that the garage door was coming very close to the hood of the car and wouldn't you know it. The garage door came down on the car and I could actually feel it while sitting in the car. Luckily the garage door began to open back up once it felt resistance from the car. I began to curse like a sailor and hopped out the car like I just got into an accident. Anyway after looking at the car I saw that the garage door came down on the plastic license plate frame in the front of the car. No damage to the car or scratched paint, thank goodness. I would have felt like an dummy if I had damaged the car. Oh well.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Debadge almost got expensive

Originally posted by Madd Kidd
After a boring day at work I decided to debadge the Max to keep my blood pumping. I pulled the car in the garage and without really paying attention if I was in far enough (crankin' Hail Mary 2003 on the radio). I hit the down button on the garage door opener and began to think that the garage door was coming very close to the hood of the car and wouldn't you know it. The garage door came down on the car and I could actually feel it while sitting in the car. Luckily the garage door began to open back up once it felt resistance from the car. I began to curse like a sailor and hopped out the car like I just got into an accident. Anyway after looking at the car I saw that the garage door came down on the plastic license plate frame in the front of the car. No damage to the car or scratched paint, thank goodness. I would have felt like an dummy if I had damaged the car. Oh well.
I think we've found Andy#2(asu boy)!

Please take your car to the nearest mechanic for any work or mods.

J/K. I stupidly tried to pull my car onto wheel ramps while BACKED into my garage, so I could change the oil without being in the sun. When I let her down, I rolled into the wall. Luckily there were plastic and cardboard boxes inbetween to act as a cushion or I would have F'd it up bad. I too jumped out cussing like a salior and still kick myself to this day for that stupid azz move. I swear, working on cars is a learning experience EVERY time, no matter how simple the job is. Just learn from the mistakes, so you don't repeat them.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Yeah, I'm so retarded that I installed those stop light things in my garage that have proximity sensors so it lights up when you pull in far enough so the garage door won't kill my car.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by asu174
Yeah, I'm so retarted that I installed those stop light things in my garage that have proximity sensors so it lights up when you pull in far enough so the garage door won't kill my car.
retarted?

No...I seriously miss the Andy install stories. ESPECIALLY, the zip tied cat convertor.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:37 AM

Re: Re: Debadge almost got expensive

Originally posted by IceY2K1

I too jumped out cussing like a salior and still kick myself to this day for that stupid azz move.
HEY!! I'm a f#$%in sailor and I know how to F&*$in talk!! You guys are %&*#$'n *^$#^$*$$(*'s !!!
SO STEREOTYPICAL!!! ...a$$*%$%
Old 04-24-2003, 03:59 AM

Re: Re: Debadge almost got expensive

Originally posted by IceY2K1

I think we've found Andy#2(asu boy)!

Please take your car to the nearest mechanic for any work or mods.

J/K. I stupidly tried to pull my car onto wheel ramps while BACKED into my garage, so I could change the oil without being in the sun. When I let her down, I rolled into the wall. Luckily there were plastic and cardboard boxes inbetween to act as a cushion or I would have F'd it up bad. I too jumped out cussing like a salior and still kick myself to this day for that stupid azz move. I swear, working on cars is a learning experience EVERY time, no matter how simple the job is. Just learn from the mistakes, so you don't repeat them.
LOL!!! its always funny when it happens to someone else!! Lucky that those boxes where there
Old 04-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Sanduguero

Re: Re: Re: Debadge almost got expensive

Originally posted by beemreatr

HEY!! I'm a f#$%in sailor and I know how to F&*$in talk!! You guys are %&*#$'n *^$#^$*$$(*'s !!!
SO STEREOTYPICAL!!! ...a$$*%$%
you are a sailor where are you stationed at?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Debadge almost got expensive

Originally posted by Oxidizer2k

LOL!!! its always funny when it happens to someone else!! Lucky that those boxes where there
It did scuff the paint slightly.

Can't really see it though.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:43 PM

LMAO Andy, does this remind you of when I was over and the door closing on the springs? hahahaha
Old 04-24-2003, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by asu174
Yeah, I'm so retarded that I installed those stop light things in my garage that have proximity sensors so it lights up when you pull in far enough so the garage door won't kill my car.
ive seen those and they look neat too.